Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 19: Mega Patch with new patrol missions, new hostility, victory marks for small clans, and other changes.

2 hours ago, Cr33D said:

1. Hidden names is OW - probably one of the best changes so far, make it all exciting again ! :)

2. Another great change is opening reinforcement zone battles for longer. This creates opportunity for big battles  ! :) Yesterday we had people joining battle for over 30 mins ! 

Great fights yesterday, lost two ships although amount of fun was worth more than ships :D

Thanks devs :)

Hide your name or whatever you do. I am going to catch you alone in a proper ship !

Oh. Guess its a Good Time to Try PvP again.

Maybe now there will be some actual Fights and not just Ganking Squads hunting New Players...

1 minute ago, Sunleader said:

Oh. Guess its a Good Time to Try PvP again.

Maybe now there will be some actual Fights and not just Ganking Squads hunting New Players...

Hope you are joking current patrol is all about ganking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captains, the problem with the battle circle in pvp missions will be solved in 1-2 hours on server side (meaning servers won't be stopped for hotfix deploy)

Done

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What is your definition of a gank? If you get 3 ships jumping on you 1v1 then either kite until someone shows (battles in the zone stay open) or surrender your ship and spare wasted time to you and everyone in battle. You read the warning, you know you're very likely to not come out of these battles alive. That's why they're so good, it's PVP without the BS that is speed and repair mods. It's quite literally the Colouseum  of NA.

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

What is your definition of a gank? If you get 3 ships jumping on you 1v1 then either kite until someone shows (battles in the zone stay open) or surrender your ship and spare wasted time to you and everyone in battle. You read the warning, you know you're very likely to not come out of these battles alive. That's why they're so good, it's PVP without the BS that is speed and repair mods. It's quite literally the Colouseum  of NA.

And that should be NAL and has nothing to do with NA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forta said:

I don't think shipyard level was somehow tied to possibility of crafting 5/5

It should. - My opinion. Reflecting the higher professionalism on a larger shipyard, which I imagine to have more machinery and shipbuilders, a construction planning department, and what else.

Too bad if it is true and only improvement over a level 2 shipyard is you can construct 1st rates, then I would not have upgraded at all, because I feel comfortable in the heavy frigate field, 5th rate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And that should be NAL and has nothing to do with NA

NA:L is nothing like NA anymore. It's no comparison, NA does everything NA:L does and more in an MMO environment

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

can't join battle bug still happens; danish bellona tagged pirate LGV;  I couldnt join pirate side

1 minute ago, Trashicity said:

can't join battle bug still happens; danish bellona tagged pirate LGV;  I couldnt join pirate side

This bug is under fix, hotfix will be deployed asap, perhaps somewhere next week

Can someone explain how the RoE are supposed to be now in the safe zones? Do the battles stay open for all or just for the people whos safe zone it is?

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Can someone explain how the RoE are supposed to be now in the safe zones? Do the battles stay open for all or just for the people whos safe zone it is?

A lof of people are asking it, but no answer came.

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

Too Bad.

I hoped that with this we might see more People Roaming around instead of forming Ganking Squads.

Well. Maybe it will work at some Point.....

I was in a pvp event battle and 6 people joined, 3 or 4 had recently killed. I got no pvp marks for kill and lost ship. This defeats the purpose and I lost a nice ship to getting hello kitty all. I would never have joined if I knew it was an event but the game doesn't tell us what kind of battle it was. I thought I was helping a brit in battle. Well designed PVP event. Great job! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SKurj said:

friendly Players can join as long as the fight is ongoing in capital zone (and has been that way for a long time)

Sorry  Not Capital zone in either case. Both off Carlile!

57 minutes ago, TrashiRoku said:

I was in a pvp event battle and 6 people joined, 3 or 4 had recently killed. I got no pvp marks for kill and lost ship. This defeats the purpose and I lost a nice ship to getting hello kitty all. I would never have joined if I knew it was an event but the game doesn't tell us what kind of battle it was. I thought I was helping a brit in battle. Well designed PVP event. Great job! 

I'm sure wwe will see that as the norm everyone at the event will be recently killed lol

Hi

Allthow i like the ideea of new content this is how hostility mission worked for me. Got me a patrol mission and went about  my way;

• Ships
    My ship was an Essex with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players
  • Demasted
    Yes
  • Reward
    276xp
  • Outcome
    Started by running away, then decided "the hell with it" so i started fighting(more like loosing)
  • Damage (mission damage)
  • Battle feeling
    :angry:

Then got a new frigate and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Frigate with medium cannons
  • Battle
    Battle started 1 vs 1 my frigate against agamemnon
  • Demasted
    Yes twice
  • Reward
    4 pvp and 76216 gold
  • Outcome
    We began by me shooting hull and the aggy sniping masts, after i got demasted the first time the aggy continued to shoot masts and me hull so he went all the way to half armour and no stern. Then i got demasted again and a bellona joined my side, we were 10 min in. The battle continued and four more ships joined my side, so i became part of a ganking squad.
  • Battle feeling
    :(

Then i got an Agamemnon and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Agamemnon with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players. While i was sinking a Pavel joinen on my side and 2 min later 3 mor ships joined the gankers so it became 8 vs 2, and i was sinking
  • Demasted
    No?, wow
  • Reward
    4 pvp, 77040 gold from the battles and i completed the patrol mission 10 pvp marks
  • Outcome
    Did my best and died like a hero(quick)
    i do not know enough to complete the mission
  • Battle feeling
    <_<

My sugestion for this event, is to pay pvp marks according to damage done in the patrol area. I belive this, will somewat, discourage ganking because they will present many targets while u are just one. Will i participate again?  well, i will give it some more runs, but if every fight is a ganking then. no.

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change

• ability to pull the players to the battle using NPC attack - removed
  • ability to pull the players into battle using player attack - removed
  • if battle is created in the reinforcement zone only attacked player or battle group is pulled into battle all others will be able to join using positional reinforcement and can decline to do so. 
  • This will remove the potential for grief and abuse in the reinforcement areas.
  • Add. Positional entry rules mean battles are open until they end, which greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles

The battle should be open for both side till the end

3 minutes ago, Ink said:

We experienced a battle like that yesterday night and it was great... We ended up being 12 vs 25 brits.

Edited by Louis Garneray

56 minutes ago, Ink said:

So this means that the safe zones now become useless as if you attack an AI fleet the battle remains open for everyone. This will just lead to bigger packs of enemies camping the safe zones with more and more people piling into the battle, which may be fun for the experienced PvP players but for the person who just went out with the intention of just attacking AI for a quick battle its no good.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change

• ability to pull the players to the battle using NPC attack - removed
  • ability to pull the players into battle using player attack - removed
  • if battle is created in the reinforcement zone only attacked player or battle group is pulled into battle all others will be able to join using positional reinforcement and can decline to do so. 
  • This will remove the potential for grief and abuse in the reinforcement areas.
  • Add. Positional entry rules mean battles are open until they end, which greatly help defenders to punish the hostiles

Its said that it is Reinforcement zones rules of engagement change but in the pvp patrol area the battle stays open all the time as well. Couldnt check battles outside zones yet.

Edited by z4ys

2 hours ago, AxIslander said:

Hi

Allthow i like the ideea of new content this is how hostility mission worked for me. Got me a patrol mission and went about  my way;

• Ships
    My ship was an Essex with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players
  • Demasted
    Yes
  • Reward
    276xp
  • Outcome
    Started by running away, then decided "the hell with it" so i started fighting(more like loosing)
  • Battle feeling
    :angry:

Then got a new frigate and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Frigate with medium cannons
  • Battle
    Battle started 1 vs 1 my frigate against agamemnon
  • Demasted
    Yes twice
  • Reward
    4 pvp and 76216 gold
  • Outcome
    We began by me shooting hull and the aggy sniping masts, after i got demasted the first time the aggy continued to shoot masts and me hull so he went all the way to half armour and no stern. Then i got demasted again and a bellona joined my side, we were 10 min in. The battle continued and four more ships joined my side, so i became part of a ganking squad.
  • Battle feeling
    :(

Then i got an Agamemnon and went back

• Ships
    My ship was an Agamemnon with medium cannons
  • Battle
    I  was ganked by a group of 5 players. While i was sinking a Pavel joinen on my side and 2 min later 3 mor ships joined the gankers so it became 8 vs 2, and i was sinking
  • Demasted
    No?, wow
  • Reward
    4 pvp, 77040 gold from the battles and i completed the patrol mission 10 pvp marks
  • Outcome
    Did my best and died like a hero(quick)
    i do not know enough to complete the mission
  • Battle feeling
    <_<

My sugestion for this event, is to pay pvp marks according to damage done in the patrol area. I belive this, will somewat, discourage ganking because they will present many targets while u are just one. Will i participate again?  well, i will give it some more runs, but if every fight is a ganking then. no.

I have similiar situation. Unfortunetly right now Patroll Missions are for battle groups.

• Like 1

Too bad there's no indication for anyone that has no Patrol Mission taken if you going into a battle in the area... in such case ship mostly lost, for nothing.

It happened to me yesterday, didn't knew te rules of engagement, lost very good ship.

Edited by Darayavahus
  • Like 1