Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Nights are too dark

I put this in support section, since this is a serious problem. Basically to be able to see anything during night, I have to close all windows (in room) and best to turn off light for better view on screen at night + for some mysterious reason we don't have a moon at night. I can understand the strategic point behind it (?) aka sailing at night, but playing in total darkness is not good for eyes health and we are forced to do it to have any visuality during "game night". I suggest following fix:

1. Moon

2. Brightness settings

3. Turn off/on lights on ship for strategic reasons (will be also very great during rainy and stormy weather)

• Like 7

I can explain the reason of those holes . Because the game is in a alpha version. Maybe in the future at full game release those thinks will change . Another think , on the board we need more lights and the brightest of the night must be darker. Because the night Sir .

I coulnt see anything a few weeks ago, however after some changes to my screen settings (nvidia gpu) this is not longer an issue.

But we should be able to adjust those parameters in game, thats for sure.

Sounds like a monitor issue. Looks fine on my Acer predator unless I have a white page open on my second screen then the light washes it out. (Example NA forums :P )
High contrast screens eliminate greys and blacks merging so you can see the visual depth better and honestly night time is ducking dark guys in real life :)  

Edit:
PS, Try researching a bit in calibrating your particular monitor.  

Edited by Capt Trashal Early

on a laptop the night sucks. Wish we would have a ingame brightness option.

• Like 1

Generally speaking, not all screens are equal, some are built darker and increasing the brightness might not always fix night issues in some games.

I like the game night to be properly Night.  i.e. DARK.  It should also last longer.  It's what, only 30 seconds of dark before the pre-dawn fog mode starts?  I also have a lot of problems seeing anything on the screen in the game "night" due to reflections of stuff behind me when I play in meatspace daytime.  Not a game problem, and just a proper part of the Fear of the Night anyway.

However, I do like the suggestion of moon cycles.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Trashed Privateer said:

1. Moon

I always wondered about this one... really takes away from the beauty of the night to not have a moon. Game is trash without moon, please fix.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trashman said:

Also think about that YouTube darkens videos even more, so watching a battle replay with nighttime is literally not watchable. @admin @Ink

That's true, especially when watching on mobile.

#makenightsbedaylightagain

seriously do! when you play on laptop with glossy screen all you see is black screen of naval action...

i am a hardcore ultra low setting player with my work ultrabook. :)

12fps ultra low settings > desktop!!!

Edited by RKY
  • Like 1

Its bad to play on my monitor during the game night but on my projector its almost impossible.

Also its not only about OW. Battles can be annoying too.

22 hours ago, Trashed Privateer said:

I put this in support section, since this is a serious problem. Basically to be able to see anything during night, I have to close all windows (in room) and best to turn off light for better view on screen at night + for some mysterious reason we don't have a moon at night. I can understand the strategic point behind it (?) aka sailing at night, but playing in total darkness is not good for eyes health and we are forced to do it to have any visuality during "game night". I suggest following fix:

1. Moon

2. Brightness settings

3. Turn off/on lights on ship for strategic reasons (will be also very great during rainy and stormy weather)

you need to alter  settings

go tto control panel ... select personal ..... turn off been poor and   go buy a decent graphics card and monitor

other than that................... its dark at night ..................  that is shocking news .....but its historically correct

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Yeah I know its not fair but the problem is fixed with a good monitor. Not just for naval action but for all games. Seriously invest in one to fix this problem for all your gaming needs.

Also all you salty hardcorers get your eyes tested. I stare at monitors all day long at work and bad blurry vision kills what you can see in a game.

Edited by Capt Trashal Early

31 minutes ago, Capt Trashal Early said:

Also all you salty hardcorers get your eyes tested. I stare at monitors all day long at work and bad blurry vision kills what you can see in a game.

@Chug you might need this after last night adventures with your long range broadside :D