Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Nights are too dark

3 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

you need to alter  settings

go tto control panel ... select personal ..... turn off been poor and   go buy a decent graphics card and monitor

other than that................... its dark at night ..................  that is shocking news .....but its historically correct

nice sarcasm there Grundgy, the fact is for some people it's bright, for some too dark. People that use laptops can't change their monitors as many advice.

To make it even bigger, few months ago I had not problems with nights, it came with one of the patches I believe. You call it realism or historically correct bs or whatever, I call it bad for health and eyes. I need to cover all light sources in real life to see what's in game,  that brings a real damage to sight and eyes.

Who moved that to suggestion? It's game issue and should be in support. Whoever moved it here is a trashmod, it's GPU/graphics game related issue.

@Hethwill, plz move it back to support.

Also is this some new Supernova that replaced the Sun?

image.thumb.png.ede56b45dde3fb48836f7ec0a970d0ea.png

Edited by Trashed Privateer
  • Like 1

The sun in game is a big mistake. It's too big . Also in the night we still missing the moon . The night time must be darker. 

Edited by CaptainSparckles
Because I can :)

Weird thing is I'm looking at my screenshot on the mobile phone and I can see everything quite clear. On the other hand, on my PC I can barely see anything... I will try to mess up with display settings, but ah well...

• Like 1

During the daytime (irl) i literally have to close the curtains and put monitor brightness at 100% and still can't see anything at night (in game). It's really annoying. Those saying it's realistic need to realize this is a game and we have tons of other consessions for playability.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, Trashed Privateer said:

Night screenshot:

image.thumb.png.53e2c27ab7e14c9a9411059cc8ce6b05.png

you're being followed.....

Traders rely on the night to cover their movements in and out of difficult ports. Already laughable (and immersion breaking) that the sunrise is at 0130 each day, nights are fine.

1 hour ago, BPHick said:

you're being followed.....

Traders rely on the night to cover their movements in and out of difficult ports. Already laughable (and immersion breaking) that the sunrise is at 0130 each day, nights are fine.

Night lasts for about only about 30 seconds, and then it shifts to the pre-dawn fog mode which silhouettes everything for easy visibility again.  I wish the day/night cycles were a lot longer and more dangerous. 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2018 at 2:43 PM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I like the game night to be properly Night.  i.e. DARK.  It should also last longer.  It's what, only 30 seconds of dark before the pre-dawn fog mode starts?

Day and night are about right for Bodo Norway, right on the edge of the arctic circle.