Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Information on the open world patrol missions

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

since most of them had already died there was no opportunity to get some pvp marks for the kill

It seems to me that something needs to change so this is not the situation in these Patrol Missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

For the event in deep water (at least for US players) it seems that most players don't want to use their pretty ship or have already lost their ship and are therefore forced to use store bought ships. The Deep water events seems relatively easy to get the 20k damage even without players around since there are enough AI ships to kill in the patrol zone.

 

 

It's a suicide mission - who brings their Maserati to a suicide mission? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

 

It's a suicide mission - who brings their Maserati to a suicide mission? 

 

It's a suicide mission only if you make it a suicide mission, I went in with an Indefatigable... which is hardly a maserati.

 

And please nobody tells me again that only 8 French night crew are able to get together as a group in the patrol mission.

 

Edited by Louis Garneray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 8:24 PM, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

So, basically sail a disposable oak/oak ship packed with carronades up there and play bumper boats for one battle hoping you get your 20k damage before getting sunk.  Then build another oak/oak ship to do the same, etc, etc.  It doesn't really seem like an authentic PVP experience. 

Still struggling to find a game motivation for risking good ships in PvP, which is what we really need. 

Suggestion: Give 5 duras to those prized ships used in patrols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 8:58 AM, Louis Garneray said:

It's a suicide mission only if you make it a suicide mission, I went in with an Indefatigable... which is hardly a maserati.

Unless you're in the biggest gank group you're guaranteed to sink. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.03.2018 at 6:18 PM, Louis Garneray said:

PVP event don't really generate PVP.

OW pvp doesn't exist anymore, we can still craft and trade... that's about it now.

It does for me - now if I want to get some engaging PvP, I don't have to go to a nearest capital and pray that someone will gank me (which worked 1 on 2 days). I just go to the zone, join the fight, or find someone to tag. Everyone in the zone is ready to fight as well.

 

13 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Unless you're in the biggest gank group you're guaranteed to sink. 

Even if you're on a loosing side, you're not guaranteed to sink. I didn't sink a few times already being in a disadvantaged group.

Having said this, sink ratio is quite high - you could expect approx. 45%. There's no point bringing a ship you can't loose to a fight. It's best to bring 3-4 rate (depending on your skill), so that you are guaranteed to get 10 PvP marks even if you get sunk (plus PvP marks for everyone you will sink).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vazco said:

Even if you're on a loosing side, you're not guaranteed to sink. I didn't sink a few times already being in a disadvantaged group.

Having said this, sink ratio is quite high - you could expect approx. 45%. There's no point bringing a ship you can't loose to a fight. It's best to bring 3-4 rate (depending on your skill), so that you are guaranteed to get 10 PvP marks even if you get sunk (plus PvP marks for everyone you will sink).

LeL - well, I'm guaranteed to sink anyway.  Fortunately I still have those free agamemnons from Global to throw away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this arena mode increases PvP dramatically, that indicates that OW PvP in general is in really bad shape?

But please, do not test idea of giving signaling perk for everyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cmdr RideZ said:

If this arena mode increases PvP dramatically, that indicates that OW PvP in general is in really bad shape?

But please, do not test idea of giving signaling perk for everyone.

It's more we don't have enough players to facilitate OW pvp in a natural way to where anyone in any nation in any area of the map can find PVP within reasonable time every time in various sizes.

PVP missions puts a bit of control on some of these variables, and helps people find the PVP they're looking for, even when there's only 300 something people online.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joins the Patrol Battle sails the edge and sits there, i see no reason to do this other than to waste our time.

What can we do about people like this?

Thankfully the circle does get smaller and will mean he will die but he making this battle last alot longer than it should.

20180402175911_1.jpg

Edited by Bloody Hound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done this against shameless ganks in patrols. My reasoning is if you're gonna waste my time with a gank I'm going to make you work for it.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×