Game-Labs Forum
admin

Information on the open world patrol missions

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

You will get farmed by Grps regardless like the good old pvp zone time. 

So what your solution then to get people out of the safezone? Map is too big, you cant just make a mission ala "damage enemy players."

8 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

What is the goal of the patrol and why does it allow ganking? It will come down who will bring bigger fleet.

Goal= pvp mark + to show NAL will be the better arena game

so 1 crew = 1sail hp = 1 hull hp =  1 dmg ?

Will we be assigned to a type of ship in this zone ? Or everyone will come in fleet of victory to gank everything, letting small cerberus do few sails dmg before getting dismasted and instasank ?

Will battles be closed at the start or same ow roe will be kept ?

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

So what your solution then to get people out of the safezone? Map is too big, you cant just make a mission ala "damage enemy players."

1on1 area and 3on3 area at different locations like the rookie zone once ;-)

+ Finally a reward system that scales and highly discourage ganking

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Why not? Given everyone has a daily mission: do 20.000 damage on enemy players ... Why they cant sail to freetowns or enemy capitals? In most cases they just need to go out of safezone to get a fight because enemy is alread before there capital ...

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Now now Captain, we can't have this ! No sir we can't have this sah' ! How dy'all play with ma' buddies and sail togetha' ?

We must comfortably and surely look to the mechanics and know, even before we press sail, that we win. That's the only way we will play this :) , me and my buddies, you see ?!...

1v1 ?  3v3 ? What is this !? We ain't here to duel. We here to fight heroically against the ganktopus!

• Like 2

Im not going to complain about more content but it feels like

960.jpg

Edited by Borch
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

Deal as much damage as possible to ships located in that area (both players and npc's count), return to the zone if you sink to finish the goal.

• all damage counts, crew, sails, structure, planking.

Le Gros Ventre have 4185 base Sail HP. If i broke all three masts then i earn 4185 HP. Is it correct?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Running from battles is punishable by death (your ship is destroyed)

AI Traders always run away. Will AI trader be punished by death and how much will I earn?

26 minutes ago, z4ys said:

+ Finally a reward system that scales and highly discourage ganking

reward system is alreqdy scaling with pvp marks. If I sail in a big group I maybe get 10 Marks if I get into a big fight. Alone I get way more marks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, qw569 said:

AI Traders always run away. Will AI trader be punished by death and how much will I earn?

depends on damage - but ai traders are rarer around free towns.

42 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Will we be assigned to a type of ship in this zone ? Or everyone will come in fleet of victory to gank everything, letting small cerberus do few sails dmg before getting dismasted and instasank ?

You can sail whatever you want. Meeting larger fleet is possible and was possible before, the only difference now is that you will be rewarded for not running and fighting, and hopefully winning because their enemies might join your side and help you sink them all (they cant run now too).

Maybe it would be good to give every PvP-Missionrunner some status similary to the "recently killed" status when he enters Mission-zone ? Would prevent Farming there ...

2 hours ago, admin said:

Hello captains

Within a week new type of daily mission will appear in game for testing

Rules:

• Arrive to a designated area
  • Deal as much damage as possible to ships located in that area (both players and npc's count), return to the zone if you sink to finish the goal.
    • all damage counts, crew, sails, structure, planking.
  • Receive PVP marks for completion (by claiming in the mission interface)
  • All other considerations are secondary, running is discouraged, ships expendable.

Motivation to fight

• To discourage running, escape is impossible from the battles created within the patrol zone. 
  • Exit is only possible if all enemies are sank
  • Running from battles is punishable by death (your ship is destroyed)
  • Battle zone within the combat instance gives plenty of room initially, but shrinks to 500m Radius by 1h-25 mins to completely remove the desire to kite or sail around

Rewards

Initial mission rewards are set as follows - for testing!: Deal 20000 damage, receive 10 PvP marks
(for reference purpose if you de-sail and destroy a trader's brig you will get 6000 damage)

• Once the basic mission is tested we will we will add tiered rewards which will allow you to receive more rewards if you survive longer and stay in the zone longer.
  • We will also add more things to admiralty stores to spend the pvp marks on (including more ship notes, books and upgrades).

Locations

Admiralty will provide a new patrol area every 24 hours from the following list.

• Nassau patrol: area between nassau and shroud cay - nearest freetown Shroud cay
  • Hispaniola patrol: area in the hispaniola channel - nearest freetown La tortue
  • Tumbado Patrol: area between cuba and tumbado - nearest freetown Tumbado
  • Antilles Patrol - area between aves and antilles islands chain - nearest freetown Aves

With the exception of nassau - other initial locations are in the open water. But we will consider adding more zones or changing locations to areas with more islands if needed. 

In my view, getting a kill for sinking a ship should have a bonus in rewards either faster completition of the mission. This will promote going alone instead of going with in groups.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I have not been playing for a while, but still checking out the forums and reading what's being discussed. I have seen many new additions, fixes and improvements, which make me extremely happy and look forward to finding the time to get back into NA and trying all the new things.

This mission seems to be a good addition to the game. As far as I understand it has not been deployed and players have not tested it, yet it seems like many are already finding faults in it.

Is it possible for us (players) to first try new things then critique instead of the other way around: critique first then try? Come on guys, let us be positive and helpful instead of negative Nancy's!

2 minutes ago, Olorin said:

Good news, but could you redirect more NPCs to those areas? Thanks. I just hope we will not have a problem where we sit and wait for 30 mins for NPC to show up. 

I think you'll get swamped by players before you even think about npcs ;)

42 minutes ago, ChristenTrash said:

Well... I guess gank groups will be camping here instead of outside the safe zones.  

I will give this a try, but i have to agree with @ChristenTrashthat wolves will be waiting. 

3 minutes ago, Olorin said:

It does, it will be gankers paradise. To prevent that multiple zone spawns must be running at the same time and not just one.  

gankers = players

if that zone is full of players mission would be accomplished, they are still a target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olorin said:

We will see how it goes. It already takes so much time to sail around and now if I loose ship to gankers I might never run that mission again. Imagine sailing for 30 mins just to get ganked.

You have to change the view on this and on the gear fear. 
Get damage in = mission accomplished. it does not matter if you sink or not, ship is expendable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Olorin said:

We will see how it goes. It already takes so much time to sail around and now if I loose ship to gankers I might never run that mission again. Imagine sailing for 30 mins just to get ganked. I suggest you run at least 2 zones to prevent camping. 

Why do you go with the ship you cant afford to lose though?

Just take a crew space frigate, does a perfect job

• Like 3

We will see how it goes. It already takes so much time to sail around and now if I loose ship to gankers I might never run that mission again. Imagine sailing for 30 mins just to get ganked. I suggest you run at least 2 zones to prevent camping. 

NPCs are just there in case no other players are around. The whole reason to go there is to get a fight in a reasonable amount of time, not to farm PvP marks through PvE.

• Like 1

We will see how it goes for a solo player. I already can predict hunting packs in the best gear ships farming players. That is why I am asking for at least 2 zones running at once. This will give me 50% chance. 

You overvalue gear dude ...

• Like 2