Game-Labs Forum

Information on the open world patrol missions

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

1on1 area and 3on3 area at different locations like the rookie zone once ;-)

Now now Captain, we can't have this ! No sir we can't have this sah' ! How dy'all play with ma' buddies and sail togetha' ?

We must comfortably and surely look to the mechanics and know, even before we press sail, that we win. That's the only way we will play this :) , me and my buddies, you see ?!...

1v1 ?  3v3 ? What is this !? We ain't here to duel. We here to fight heroically against the ganktopus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

Deal as much damage as possible to ships located in that area (both players and npc's count), return to the zone if you sink to finish the goal.

• all damage counts, crew, sails, structure, planking.

Le Gros Ventre have 4185 base Sail HP. If i broke all three masts then i earn 4185 HP. Is it correct?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Running from battles is punishable by death (your ship is destroyed)

AI Traders always run away. Will AI trader be punished by death and how much will I earn?

42 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Will we be assigned to a type of ship in this zone ? Or everyone will come in fleet of victory to gank everything, letting small cerberus do few sails dmg before getting dismasted and instasank ?

You can sail whatever you want. Meeting larger fleet is possible and was possible before, the only difference now is that you will be rewarded for not running and fighting, and hopefully winning because their enemies might join your side and help you sink them all (they cant run now too).

Hello everyone,

I have not been playing for a while, but still checking out the forums and reading what's being discussed. I have seen many new additions, fixes and improvements, which make me extremely happy and look forward to finding the time to get back into NA and trying all the new things.

This mission seems to be a good addition to the game. As far as I understand it has not been deployed and players have not tested it, yet it seems like many are already finding faults in it.

Is it possible for us (players) to first try new things then critique instead of the other way around: critique first then try? Come on guys, let us be positive and helpful instead of negative Nancy's!

3 minutes ago, Olorin said:

It does, it will be gankers paradise. To prevent that multiple zone spawns must be running at the same time and not just one.  

gankers = players

if that zone is full of players mission would be accomplished, they are still a target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olorin said:

We will see how it goes. It already takes so much time to sail around and now if I loose ship to gankers I might never run that mission again. Imagine sailing for 30 mins just to get ganked.

You have to change the view on this and on the gear fear. 
Get damage in = mission accomplished. it does not matter if you sink or not, ship is expendable. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Olorin said:

We will see how it goes. It already takes so much time to sail around and now if I loose ship to gankers I might never run that mission again. Imagine sailing for 30 mins just to get ganked. I suggest you run at least 2 zones to prevent camping. 

NPCs are just there in case no other players are around. The whole reason to go there is to get a fight in a reasonable amount of time, not to farm PvP marks through PvE.

• Like 1

Just now, Olorin said:

We will see how it goes for a solo player. I already can predict hunting packs farming players. 

We had PvP zone already and it loos pretty similar. I used to sail alone for the most part in a 5th rate and was looking for 1v1s or 1v2s or joined bigger battles of other groups. If a gank squad came I ran until they lost interest. Its only possible with Frigates of course, if you come with a Bellona they will hunt you down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olorin said:

Like I said we will see. The world is big and it will help survive, but... farmers will be there. :D and I do not like to fight alone vs many farmers.

You have the wrong point of view. This PvP-Missions should make averange players get used to lose ships (during compensate their loss in pvp-marks). And in fact "learn to losing ships" is the first step to get a PvPler ... 

I still think they could learn this unbound to areas too ... 

• Like 1

The 20k damage we're supposed to inflict, is that for every ship you sail, no matter the rate?

A 7th rate will have a lot of difficulty to get to 20k? It will be easier for a 5th rate or even a first (if somebody takes one)?

Other than that it seems a simple Yolo-type-event.

2 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

The 20k damage we're supposed to inflict, is that for every ship you sail, no matter the rate?

A 7th rate will have a lot of difficulty to get to 20k? It will be easier for a 5th rate or even a first (if somebody takes one)?

20 k for every ship seems fine for me, because if you want to do it fast, you have to use (=risk) a big ship. If you want to do it with small risk (= small ship) you need more time. So reward per used time is scaling with risk, and thats the way it should be ...

9 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

in a frigate you can probably fulfill it in 3 runs (if you sink every battle). But rewards will be tiered in the future. meaning you can get small reward for 5k damage or larger one for 100k damage if you live long enough

46 minutes ago, admin said:

Certificate of participation will not work in the long run. It will only work for people that are already pvping. The others will just expierence how bad pvp can be and instead of encouraging they will be discouraged.

Edited by z4ys

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

While I appreciate new content to test, I feel like this will be a step back to the sterilized open world days when PvP "zones" were the only place to find PvP.

It seems like we are just retesting the same mechanic with a different reward structure.

Instead, why not encourage consensual PvP anywhere on the map by allowing players to designate their Battle Group as a "Navy Patrol" and it marks their general location on the map as they sail (with some noise so you have to search a little bit). Do damage daily in PvP as a Navy Patrol (outside safe zones), implement the same RoE as you've proposed, and you get your rewards, etc.

Now that would be cool.

Having the "patrol" fleet highlighted on the map for others to see. Those worried about ganking just wouldn't use this mechanic. This would be for the folks who want others to sail to them and fight them.

Actually this idea seems similar to one in Albion Online with the "heatmap." As the amount of players rise in a particular area, a red circle follows their position and helps warn players that a large group is there. I think NA really needs this to excel forward. 

Edited by Trashtonic
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, admin said:

Hello captains

Within a week new type of daily mission will appear in game for testing

Rules:

• Arrive to a designated area
  • Deal as much damage as possible to ships located in that area (both players and npc's count), return to the zone if you sink to finish the goal.
    • all damage counts, crew, sails, structure, planking.
  • Receive PVP marks for completion (by claiming in the mission interface)
  • All other considerations are secondary, running is discouraged, ships expendable.

That really sounds nice!

5 hours ago, admin said:

Motivation to fight

• To discourage running, escape is impossible from the battles created within the patrol zone. 
  • Exit is only possible if all enemies are sank
  • Running from battles is punishable by death (your ship is destroyed)
  • Battle zone within the combat instance gives plenty of room initially, but shrinks to 500m Radius by 1h-25 mins to completely remove the desire to kite or sail around

I think getting PvP marks as rewards is pretty much enough motivation to stay in the fight!

Why do we need these strict rules?

Imo these rules create a feeling that arena games do. If players want that, they could just as well play NAL.

I'd vote for patrol missions without such strict battle rules!

• Like 1