Game-Labs Forum

Dismantle ships into repairs

Recently i saw complains in the forum, that repairs are hard to get in harbors far from capitals. Though in my opinion it's fine to need some logistics when operating from a far away outpost i accept, that it can be hard if you are in a small nation/clan or that sometimes you just have bad luck and there are no repairs available without sailing two hours.

So i suggest give an option to dismantle ships into repairs. This would be realistic and you can always get some repairs by capturing some AI-ships and dismantle them to repairs. (Of course you can loot repairs in AI-ships too, but to get a full set of repairs will depend on looting luck and will probably cost you hours). 

56 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

Degrades the role of the crafter and his chance for him to make a profit. Eventually prices will be deflated a lot and also almost nobody will buy repairs.

if you capture a ship, you get less money and combat marks from the fight, additionally you cant sell the captured ship if you dismantle it. It could be ballanced that you get f.e. one hull repair for 2000 gold and one rig repair for 1500 gold ... so if there are repairs in shop buying  is probably cheaper and in every case less effort ...

Repairs are a very interesting aspect of the game. I already once thought about setting up a "West Indian Repair Company", but game mechanics don't really support that (too expensive to produce, too difficult to handle logistics without much more outposts in different nations, etc.).