Game-Labs Forum

Pre-patch quick number changes suggestions

Automatic perk.. captured prize/fleet 1..

1 or 2 extra outpost slots.

Do something to poods there a touch to strong need one charecteristic nerfed.

Each time a repair is used it decreases your max health available by 5%. So 1 rep used can only recover up to 95% 2 reps used can only recover 90% so on and so forth although I appreciate this may not be quick but what do I know about coding etc..

.answer nothing to very little tbh 

• Like 1

Lower mast HP on 3rd rates and above but increase thickness a tiny bit overall. Buff Mast hp on smaller 5th rates and below. Endy and trinco are a sweetspot.  

Remove control on AI ships if possible. 

Add control to all ships as it is possible for someone to hide behind a trinco. 

Balance poods. Should not be better than a full carro trinco in every way imo. 

Add 32 or 42 carros to pavel please. Maybe even add 9s. I don't care about realism. Pavel needs LOVE. 

Add 36 pounders to Santi. (according to Wikipedia she had 36 pounders but I bet you will explain it to me that I am still somehow wrong)

The ability to exit your ship in docks so you can tow/trade

Maybe give the Endymion a tiny tiny turn buff. 

Balance the Victory and BUC BR a small bit. This is a topic of its own because I would argue a VIC in the right hads is far far better than buc. A lot of people disagree. 

Mast hit indicator only shows when penning.  

3 hours ago, ChristenTrash said:

adjust wood availability.  Teak is not spread properly around the map.

Some of the BRs in the shallows are too high.  Way more than 25 ships.  

Wasa br still a little low.

increase the RNG chance of purple and gold ships that are crafted in ports outside the safe zone vs inside it.  Same with free towns.  Reward people who take risks to craft in capturable ports.  

not only is the Wasa BR still too low - the BR spread is still too small.

we really should have an 800 or 1,000 BR spread and not this silly 650 br spread.

- Decrease tag circle (or much better .. make the 180 degree front tag circle like so often suggested) to make battles happen instead of runaways

- Stop trading between different nations, to stop alt account farming and other advantages the player with alt accounts have. (oh, i see the shitstorm coming from all the alt acc users, but stay cool)

- set static port battle timers to the ports, to end this strategic timer thing. (Maybe west side make more american timers and east side more european or something)

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 1

• Make all ressources (like teak, white oak,...) for players in those ports craftable which have the "P"-mark in trader tool
  • Allow different amounition per cannon deck
  • Make ships capsizing if they turn to hard with the wind in high speed
  • increase ramming damage
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

reduce basic cutters hold space to stop players using it to transport goods that has a side effect of making new players vunerable

A brand new player might have a very difficult time starting up with that reduction.  At the time I came over from PvE trade ships were being pushed in Charleston at 3 to 4x what they cost to build.

So I built my own. But that's a rather steep climb.

I agree with the goal but there might be another way to get at it.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Also enemies can enter mission in reinforcements zone (=/= capital zone) which makes a lot of new players leave the game. Reinforcements should be able to activate if an enemy player joins your mission.

Capital zone is too small and missions usually spawn out of the capital zone.

Enemies cannot enter your single player combat missions in safe zones, they can only jump into a fight you started with a NPC fleet, but not in a mission.

Edited by victor

1- Reduce basic cutter hold space and to 3 hold slots (so you can't move stuff across the map while denying pvp marks to your attacker, just make them able to bring back to ports your loot from missions)

2- Remove the ability to put perma upgrades in captain chest so trader activity happen around the main rare ressources ports (right now carthagena caulking and copper plating can be crafted directly in the ports producing their ressources and then directly tp to where they are needed.) These ports yould become main trader hub and hunting ground, not just main RvR targets. Instead reserve captain chest for coins, notes marks and books.

3- Rebalance cannons class ranking as folowing :

class1 (36lb long / 42lb medium )

class2 (36lb medium  / 32 long / 68lb carro )

class3 (32lb med / 24lb long / 42lb carro )

class4 ( 24lb med / 18lb long / 32 carro / 1 pood)

class 5  ( 18lb med / 12lb long / 24lb carro )

class 6 ( 12lb med / 9 long)

class 7 ( 9lb med / 6 long / / 18 lb carro)

class 8 (6lb med / 4lb long / 12lb carro)

class  9 (4lb med)

class 10 (swivel)

Reduce penetration  and increase dispersion for medium versions and we will see real choices to make so you alway have to choose between violent close range broadside weight or accurate + longer range on the lower weight class gun.

Poods are imbalanced as they have the best of all except a terrible accuracy. 

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

2- Remove the ability to put perma upgrades in captain chest so trader activity happen around the main rare ressources ports (right now carthagena caulking and copper plating can be crafted directly in the ports producing their ressources and then directly tp to where they are needed.) These ports yould become main trader hub and hunting ground, not just main RvR targets. Instead reserve captain chest for coins, notes marks and books.

I would remove books from your list above.  Books are fine as is.  The only books you haven't used, you are saving for a rare book like 5 rings (a module) or you are transporting it to sell.  I say leave them as they are currently.

Edited by SKurj
  • Like 1

Increase battle entry timer to 5 minutes because low population means there are too few battle opportunities BUT also implement a log in and TP cool down timer to 5 minutes when you can’t enter battle. That way, if you are in OW or a nearby port, you have a chance to join the battle but not if you’re offline or across the map.

Provide AI ships in fleet combat missions again. If there is a separate hostility mission, then you don't need to worry about one person spamming these to drive up hostility numbers, but the presence of friendly AI ships in a fleet combat mission allows a solo player (of which there are still many) to be able to participate in a fleet battle if their friends aren't online, they have limited time to go looking for a large battle, or just for the sake of pure enjoyment. Of all the things that have been removed during the course of the game, this is one that I probably miss the most (and I have spoken to many who agree with me).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

yes its also fixed
you wont be able to pull anyone into battle by alts or using npcs.. 
in reinforcement zones only attacked person will be pulled and the rest will be able to re-join the battle using positional reinforcement.

This shouldn't work on groups, groups should enter as a whole

4 hours ago, Aster said:

I think determined defender should prevent chain boarding not boarding in general. Give it a cannot be boarded cool down like the normal one but applies to everyone. The current perk makes it nearly impossible to board larger ships and chain boarding is far more dangerous.

YES PLEASE. Why destroy boarding when you are removing a player's skill ability to pull someone when he can be in the face of greater odds???? If you dont want to be boarded, it should rely on your skill to not put yourself in that situation, not some cheap perk.

^^^ &(aster's a sexy bitch)

Edited by pit

11 hours ago, admin said:

done already
circle will be decreased to allow immediate gun fire (max distance approximately 1km)

It's gonna kill ships like Trincomalee, Essex and Pirate Frigate. These ships have no stern chasers and if a solo captain can't defend tag a gank group, it's certain death. Most players will leave these ships.

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 2

Increase damage to crew whilst they are repairing just like when crew is in boarding prep. When crew is repairing there are more crew on deck and in the rigging and they should be more vulnerable. So you have a penalty for bad timing with the repair button. IRL ships waited for a lull in fighting or pulled out of battle line to repair.

Also +1 for @Hethwill suggestion for WYSIWG: join timer = battle timer.

• Like 4

- reduce backwards turn rate (why tf do i turn twice as fast when sailing 4kn backwards instead of sailing 4kn forwards? does it have something to do with the rudder being located at the rear???)

- increase thickness of 5ths and lower by just a bit (2-3cm should be enough)

- perk rebalance (right now theres almost no diversity): double charge/ball: 2 points, defense drill: add -1 round disengage, pump inventor: increase to 25% (last resort), area control: 1 point, reduce to 500m, carronade master: change to -3m dispersion, determined defender: change to 30% morale advantage instead of crew, fisher: add increased chance to find bottles and reduce to 1 point, shipyard connections: change to increase chance to build rare ships +15%, hold optimization: should work on trading ships only (its used to buff warship speed atm which is not intended) (we need more perks and 3 captain slots btw, but this is for a future update)

- add ability to take a ship to fleet after battle. fleet perk is a traders perk and should give you the ability to leave a port with fleetships

- decrease rum timer to 20 mins, i think 25 mins is just too much. maybe reduce effectiveness to 20% to balance out

- increase carpenters (the stock one from admiralty) to 2,5%. 1,5% is a joke and increases the gear gap for new players

- give several speed upgrades completely new attributes. theres too many and it takes away diversity. crooked hull: change to +20% hull repair efficiency, cotton sails: change to +20% sail repair efficiency, bovenwinds refit: change to... something? cant think of anything atm

• Like 3