Game-Labs Forum

SO  as funny as this may sound.... its time for another server merge. Lets be totally honest with the safe zones currently like they are there is no reason for a pve server. The PVP server is only pvp when you want it to be. so no pve player is forced to play pvp unless they want to. and since all content is available in the safe zone there is never a reason for a pve player to need to leave the safe zone.   So go ahead and cut your server costs in 1/2 since you have the crappy safe zone mechanics that don't seem to be going anywhere. at least it would give a small boost in morale due to number of players online going up by about 10. 

• Like 2

@Christendom ima try your tactic. blame the devs.... 

I say that the seal clubbing is only an issue because of the devs refusing to give us meaningful content. therefore, ganking is a problem created by the devs by refusing to give us something to do with  this massive open empty world. sure we have lots of pretty boats and nice battle mechanics but we still have nothing to do with them. so seal clubbing and capital camping is devs fault. we log on and say "well what you guys wanna do.... well we can try to fish some one out of safe zone.... okay well what else can we do.... nothing..... okay lets go." basic conversation for everyday in naval action ts. 

p.s that's my best Christendom impersonation. did I do good?

Edited by King of Crowns

3 hours ago, BPHick said:

There is a way to merge the servers and not kill the PvE only game. But it would require a major rewrite of certain mechanics

Indeed.

This is one of the many caveats of full loot loss.

I'll eat my dirty knickers if you manage to convince them to merge while keeping loss.

4 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I say that the seal clubbing is only an issue because of the devs refusing to give us meaningful content. therefore, ganking is a problem created by the devs by refusing to give us something to do with  this massive open empty world. sure we have lots of pretty boats and nice battle mechanics but we still have nothing to do with them. so seal clubbing and capital camping is devs fault. we log on and say "well what you guys wanna do.... well we can try to fish some one out of safe zone.... okay well what else can we do.... nothing..... okay lets go." basic conversation for everyday in naval action ts. 

Seal clubbers are always seal clubbers, don't blame the devs.

• Like 1

The problem is not the pve server players. The problem are the players in  the pvp server. Right now you have 35% of players trying to get in fights, hunt whatever you wanna call it and the rest just wants to pve, trade or come out to pvp when its 25-1 (its not just the US...).

The only long term solution is to cut the map size down to what Black Flag had. You got south of Florida, Cuba, the Shallows, Jamaica and a little bit of Haiti. This map would have no safe zones and would be for the true pvpers and the rest that couldn't handle it, would have to go on the pve server.

The only bad thing is, we'll be stuck fighting the same people everyday

Map size is meaningless when a part wants to do only the 25v25 "trafalgars" and the other part wants to roam around hitting the others. Their playstyles will never meet unless forced.

Map size is only meaningful when game scale in space and time is 1:1

Original idea makes no sense. The PvE server ( needs a nice name btw ) has earned its own community and is simply a "SP mode" with social aspect.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Never Surrender said:

I forsee for a long time already instead of safezones a dedicated pve area. 

I actually liked the concept they had of turning most of the Gulf in a PvE safe zone but you can still go in flagged and fight PvP in that zone with the flag on.  Keep all good econ stuff out of that zone so they will ahve to trade with the none safe zones folks, but the 100 PvE server players (prob more than that) had a fit and it was shot down.  

Rememeber folks admin did say it would say up another 24 months, but that was what a year ago so it's suppose to be up another 12 as promised?

I'm all for merging them and making some zone like the gulf so they can work on one server and one game for content adn such and than later if the population is high enough open up regional servers and maybe a PvE only server.

Just ask the PVE-Server ... icould imagine that many on that server are bored because of never can try out your nice ships in real fights. Probably they just dont come to PvP-Server because of not wanting to start without XP and assets ... 

I always find it funny how some of the PVP community (and only from there) are involved to the closedown of the PVE server.

31 minutes ago, Trino said:

Just ask the PVE-Server ... icould imagine that many on that server are bored because of never can try out your nice ships in real fights. Probably they just dont come to PvP-Server because of not wanting to start without XP and assets ... 

I do not believe that. And if so, they could suggest it here themselves.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Trino said:

I see nothing wrong in asking them ... but i agree that it's a decision of the PVE server ... 

The disskusion has been around more than once. Why is this being rolled up again?
It only leads to uncertainty for the players of the PVE server and thus to further loss of players.

I play on the PVE server and would only do it thereAnd in global chat, you read the same from others when it comes to the topic .

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Actually you’re closer to the mark then you think.  Poor presentation though.  

I do however blame the devs for not creating enough incentive for players to leave the safe zones.  One can craft all ships including the rare 5/5s with attributes in the zones.  They can mission almost all the way to RA in them.  AI fleets come right into the zones for easy killing.  If you do not create and environment for players to leave the safety of their ports, they never will.  Aka lack of content.  

PS - you are old and smart enough to know that it’s “did I do well”.  Not “did I do good”.  Less sarcasm and more grammar please.  Your posts reinforce the stupid american trope.  

Edited by ChristenTrash

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Massive empty open world indeed, what do you think would happen if we removed the green zones? Even more massive empty open world.

To many sharks and not enough fish.

The green zones are like a cradle of life without that you wouldn’t have half the population or more. Just a bunch of bitter vets complaining they have no one left to kill.

If only a few more good players put as much effort into helping new players as they do into slaughtering them the game would be ina better place in my opinion.

AI fleets should attack hostile ships on the open world, with more frequent patrols between major ports and then perhaps more people would leave the green zones.

As it is currently most green zones are perma camped by other people just waiting for someone to sail out too far or make the mistake of tagging AI

Edited by Fletch67

37 minutes ago, Trino said:

To test if you and the other PVErs like it there? Or to test if PVP Server likes to ne without PVErs? Or test what?

To observe what happens and carefully register the result and use that same result in future experiences.

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

To observe what happens and carefully register the result and use that same result in future experiences.

Well from experience I can tell you what frequently happens when a pvp'r goes to the pve server, turmoil erupts in the global chat, not always, but frequently.  The atmosphere is a bit different and toxicity or let's say hostility isn't usually tolerated too long before there's a shoutout.  It's kind of a live-and-let-live mentality, and as you yourself said, the social aspect.  Sometimes pvp players just come there obviously to disturb the peace.  It's kind of like KoC suggesting here to eliminate their fun when he doesn't partake in it.

I play on both servers.  Whoever said that pve'rs just don't want to start again on the pvp server are probably incorrect from what I can tell.  Personally I built up a lot of gold and resources on Caribean after the merge - OP's, dockspace, high level shipyard, etc, and haven't pvp battled (unless you call a gank on my cannon-less trader in which I just surrendered a pvp battle).  So you can pve on either server if you want to.  Doesn't mean though that I want to eliminate the pve server.  Free sailing / exploration is fun to lots of players.  This wouldn't be practical on Caribean.

• Like 1