Game-Labs Forum

Spawn position in battles

Batman

On numerous occasions I have noticed that spawning positions in battles seem somewhat random, even if you stay out from the small circle around the tagged ship.

Happens to both PvE and PvP. @Havelock can confirm that I tagged him earlier today, was upwind on him alongside his port beam when timer ran out but when the battle started he suddenly appeared right on my bow, yet I was definitely outside the "small circle" surrounding his ship when the timer ran out.

Maybe I've just missed something in Patch Notes about tagging, but its not cool to fight for a good starting position and then getting a rng starting position in battle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trino said:

Can you explain this a little bit more? Thx!

You can do the exercise. Find a small inlet in OW. Screenshot. Your ship model almost occupies the entire inlet entry gap in the OW. Now, tag an AI, enter battle in the same spot, or sail there. Screenshot again. Oh look, it would need a lot of ship lengths to actually cover the gap :)

So, to accommodate for that "scale" difference and I do account for the position of my bow in OW as being the approximate spawn point. I do not use the center of the ship.

• Like 1