Game-Labs Forum

Hostility & Raids

Nobody likes to do hostility ( at least against bots ) and everyone likes rewards. Why does hosility have such shitty loot if we want people to do RvR and PvP when hostility is the only PvE directly related to PvP? Just swap out hostility missions with raid missions. It would be like a mix of epic event and port battle against bots ( maybe with the addition of the attackers having to win a "boarding" against the port / town. Defenders ( players of the nation that the port belongs to ) can join without time limit during the battle and maybe take a spot of bots as long as there is still a bot in battle that has not recieved x amount of damage already. If the attackers lose more ships than 50% number of bots ( excluding mortar brigs maybe ), they lose. Taking a raid mission would cost 15 - 25 PvP marks and be announced in combat news. The raid mission would then set a PB and give epic event level reward + the daily tax income of the port x3 ( maybe x5 ? ) out of the clan warehouse of the clan that owns it, if won. Everything needed for this is already in game...

Easiest way to make something interesting out of the mechanics and content we already have? Anything is better than the current hostility mechanic and we would finally get raids? Let me know what you think ( if you don't like this idea, I'd appreciate you come up with a better one so we can all keep dreaming ).

22 hours ago, BPHick said:

Let PvP and PvE build national hostility.

Yeah, it would be like now but with the hostility raid mission actually being worth doing so people get some actual reward and thus incentive to do it? Also more PvP going to happen around it when defenders get notified in advance and have more reason to prevent the hostility / raid?

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

Yeah, it would be like now but with the hostility raid mission actually being worth doing so people get some actual reward and thus incentive to do it? Also more PvP going to happen around it when defenders get notified in advance and have more reason to prevent the hostility / raid?

I was meaning just regular PvE/PvP in OW building a national hostility without specific missions. 

PvE or PvP hostility building mechanics that replace the current system for specific ports would also be desirable (raids, blockades, etc)

@admin

Maybe make the reward for a raid equivalent to the average or the total sum (to that point in the day) of the ports daily income for the port that gets raided. If that cant be done, reward the raiders with a taste of whatever resource makes the money in the port like carta tar or copper ingots etc, and nullify that days clan income for the port that gets hit. Presumably you would hit valuable ports of your enemy. This would force a defense of some sort as repeated raids would drain that clans ability to pay for other ports upkeep over time if the raids go unchecked. 

My personal suggestion would be to revive the flags and put a 15-30 minute lifespan on them to create a max range and create strategic value for otherwise useless ports in the vincity of the ultimate raid target. This would force a nation to A: expand a zone around valuable ports to create a buffer zone and B: force a nation to take a port close enough to plant the flag successfully. Make the cost of the flag something absurd like 300-500 pvp marks to A:make it a focused group effort B: make it easier and less controversial to form the group of people to carry it out (contributors) and C: make troll flags counter-productive and unsustainable to repeat and D : give pvp marks another use besides a trade chip and above all make them a means to further CONTENT, meaning (presumably) people will be more willing to risk assets via pvp if there is something to be gained in the end (light at the end of the tunnel). Make it like a tow but for the whole nation, one per day max-whoever can pay for it first gets the right to pull the flag.

I dont know anything about coding but if its possible (and if it didnt take too much effort) create a unique battle environment/setting using the regular port battle map for a specific port, and using the flag itself like an item that spawns the instance when you use it near the port(within a close distance). Since there are limited ports on the map that make millions of gold, just make a small list you can choose from when you purchase the flag in a national port so if they were to code in special battle characteristics it would only have to be done for 5 or 6 ports. If successful, maybe more later.  It would be a tangible form of economic warfare.

Honestly i just wanna see raids or some other mechanism that coerces or creates new avenues to ow pvp. We really do need something. Obviously there will be issues with this suggestion i understand this and i am by no means making demands. I havent contributed much to the development just thought id try.

Edited by Potemkin