Game-Labs Forum

Remove the damn forts from OW PvP

They are not needed, all they are used for is for big ships to hide under from smaller ships. I fought a Bellona 1v1 in a 5th rate and he ran and sat under the forts.

At least restrict the "active" forts to nation and county capitals perhaps.

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 6

Or how about we get proper mechanics that encourage players to venture out beyond the safety of the zones and forts.  Something other than lazy pvp marks 

80% of the ports in this game are useless and do not generate enough income, yet our current mechanics force nations to own them to get victory marks to produce ships.  The added benefit of protection on the OW is one of the few perks to owning these towns.  You should get something for that 200k a day. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Or how about we get proper mechanics that encourage players to venture out beyond the safety of the zones and forts.  Something other than lazy pvp marks 

80% of the ports in this game are useless and do not generate enough income, yet our current mechanics force nations to own them to get victory marks to produce ships.  The added benefit of protection on the OW is one of the few perks to owning these towns.  You should get something for that 200k a day. 

I am talking about OW PvP that is regularly nowhere near safezones. All too often when out hunting I find the enemy heads for and hides under the fort despite being in the larger ship. I have even known players to use another nation's fort to sink themselves denying me the kill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

They are not needed, all they are used for is for big ships to hide under from smaller ships. I fought a Bellona 1v1 in a 5th rate and he ran and sat under the forts.

That's just sad.

They are there for traders, small ships and ships running when outnumbered. All valid reasons to have forts. Certain ports should probably only have towers and not the forts and towers.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Or just tag enemies further away from forts. 

Unfortunately, he couldn't.

He basically started everything from joining the battle when some guy who bought a game last week, was earning his XP on bots ;)

So it's ok for him to attack noobs 3v1, but he cries about the ports.

Find a name for someone who use game mechanics on his favour, but when someone else use other mechanics against him, he cries about it on global forum :D

Well done mate! Well done!

Edited by O. J. Kosznicki
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, O. J. Kosznicki said:

Unfortunately, he couldn't.

He basically started everything from joining the battle when some guy who bought a game last week, was earning his XP on bots ;)

So it's ok for him to attack noobs 3v1, but he cries about the ports.

Find a name for someone who use game mechanics on his favour, but when someone else use other mechanics against him, he cries about it on global forum :D

Well done mate! Well done!

It was me in a Trinc vs a Bellona alone. Where do you get this 3v1 Idea from? The only 3 v 1 I remember today is when 3 of you attacked @Percival Merewether and lost a Bellona and two other ships had to run ;)

And as far as I am concerned a Kommandor in open water is a valid target any day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

You committed an error in judgement.  Get over it. 

Which error was this? 

In fact I don't care, I suggest people only post if they have something to say relevant to the subject matter of the thread.

We're complaining about forts but not the instant AI first rates that spawn on top of you?! :blink:

I get they're strong, they do a good job at defending. But remove them and keep gamey instant AI reinforcements? Total backpedal.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

1 minute ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

We're complaining about forts but not the instant AI first rates that spawn on top of you?! :blink:

The two are not connected, the AI are a deterrent to people who want to camp noobs all day. The forts are a way for people to avoid combat in open world

Just now, SKurj said:

Well forts are everywhere, safezone AI is not...

Forts make sense, safezone AI does not. At least not in its current implementation. Forts protect new players more so than AI does. 

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

Just now, NethrosDefectus said:

The two are not connected, the AI are a deterrent to people who want to camp noobs all day. 

No but they're combined within safezone which isn't necessary. If anything safezones give a false guise of safety, there are many loopholes around it. Forts were historical structures that do exactly as they're intended in NA. Getting rid of them would be like getting rid of an entire class of ships.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

4 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

NO! Leave them alone.

I have absolutely no problem with folks seeking shelter of the forts from your godforsaken unrealistic rare upgrades that give you an unassailable advantage.

As the Devs intend it should be possible to win against insurmountable numerical odds...go figure...no surprises the Bellona did that...

Remove the forts then remove the upgrades...remove the safe zones then remove the battle timers...its all really simple really.

But then again that's what the Devs call content...

Edited by Sir William Hargood

9 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Attacking someone near their fort. 

The battle started nowhere near a fort, it took the player a good 30 minutes to reach it, he was only able to because I was attempting to preserve my ship and not use up most of my repairs trying to go broadside to broadside with a ship with superior firepower and thus cutting my trip short because after the battle I would've had to sail all the way back to port to resupply.