Game-Labs Forum

We have too many Nations - Remove some!

@admin

Now that we're starting to see signs of our prime time population decreasing, mostly from the usual post patch decrease, it's become very evident that we simply have too many nations and not enough players to fill them.  OW PVP is hurting.  It seems it can only be found these days outside capitals and outside major port battles.  The amount of PBs being triggered daily is also down.  Just after the patch and the merge we regularly were cracking 700 players nightly.  Sometimes 750 during a big fight like Carta.  Now we're struggling to crack 600 during EU prime time.  To use a theme from the good book, this game feels thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.  

Simply put, we have too many nations and not enough players to fill them.  For the sake of the game and it's current iteration, several need to be removed.  

I would suggest trimming the nations down to 4 or 5, make the game more historically accurate.  Introduce an "outlaw" faction that has similar mechanics to the current hardcore nations.  Allow players who don't want to fit in the national style of game play go there and RVR and PVP to their hearts delight.  

@rediii had a similar suggestion a week or two ago and could expand on it if he likes.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 19

Two reasons: The introduction of Russia, PL and DE.. And the global server effect.

Remove Russia, PL and DE and make the pirates what they should've been from the start - ultra hardcore.

EDIT: But I am Lars Kjaer and I endorse this this proposal

Edited by Guest
Because I can

I don't particularly care what nations are removed, I stopped giving a shit about the color of the flag a long while ago.  I care more about people I sail with.  Trimming the nations down to those who had a long and established existence in the caribbean would however make sense.  

I think everyone can agree that a max server population of 700 people on at one time spread into 11 different nations is just utterly absurd.  

Maybe remove Russia, Prussia, and Poland from the game as playable nations and keep them in as ai traders with unique loot. Also remove pirates as an established nation with safe zones and make them what poland, russia, and prussia are now. 

• Like 7

make Block A block B and C and let everyone choose flags like in NAL. So any block can be any Nation and you can always sail with your fav flag and even add more flags.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I don't particularly care what nations are removed, I stopped giving a shit about the color of the flag a long while ago.  I care more about people I sail with.  Trimming the nations down to those who had a long and established existence in the caribbean would however make sense.  

I think everyone can agree that a max server population of 700 people on at one time spread into 11 different nations is just utterly absurd.  

Historical accuracy do matter to me.. All the nations except the pirates, DE, PL and Rus was present in the carribean in this historical timeframe.. I we fixed the timeframe up to 1770 we could remove US as well but then more than half the ships currently ingame would have to be removed as well which I would find to be a crying shame considering that all the ships I love is post 1770 except for the reno..

I agree, but I also think that there seem to be a lot of nationalistic people in this game's community, and those people could cause drama if their nations were removed. For instance, imagine how much the Russian players would bitch and moan if Russia were removed from the game. 

Seeing how Prussia will probably enter rvr stage for good, I wouldn't want it being removed. On the other hand I get the argument. 

All long as I don't have to be in the same nation as Christedom and Graaf I guess it's not so terrible

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

3 nations...     4 max (if pirates have to stay)

This works...   population will be more balanced, there will no longer be a need to put mechanics in place to protect tiny nations, nations would all be more global in their player base so less exclusive (language barriers etc) and timezones around the clock would also be better populated.

I'd also get rid of nations altogether and call them factions and get rid of gb/fr/es etc and go to something non-historical but I bet that goes over like a lead balloon..

Edited by SKurj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

@admin

Now that we're starting to see signs of our prime time population decreasing, mostly from the usual post patch decrease, it's become very evident that we simply have too many nations and not enough players to fill them.  OW PVP is hurting.  It seems it can only be found these days outside capitals and outside major port battles.  The amount of PBs being triggered daily is also down.  Just after the patch and the merge we regularly were cracking 700 players nightly.  Sometimes 750 during a big fight like Carta.  Now we're struggling to crack 600 during EU prime time.  To use a theme from the good book, this game feels thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.  

Simply put, we have too many nations and not enough players to fill them.  For the sake of the game and it's current iteration, several need to be removed.  

I would suggest trimming the nations down to 4 or 5, make the game more historically accurate.  Introduce an "outlaw" faction that has similar mechanics to the current hardcore nations.  Allow players who don't want to fit in the national style of game play go there and RVR and PVP to their hearts delight.  

@rediii had a similar suggestion a week or two ago and could expand on it if he likes.

I brought up a similar subject a few weeks ago about making the pirates follow the same system that the impossible nations do. I also made a suggestion to make a nation after removing the current three impossible nations meant for people who want a difficult "national" faction to play that have only one safe port to start with.

the whole entire pirate "nation" shouldnt even exist. Pirates should be the conveyors of "free towns/ports," and if a region has one all other ports in that region see a massive profit deduction, perhaps even negative. This encourages other nations to kill these pirates. To become a pirate is to commit to a life of hardship, of being hunted and shot on sight. You can become a pirate on accident through too much friendly fire damage (much like in the old days) and get a pardon from your previous nation if you sail enough within that nation and someone crafts a pardon for you. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

we simply have too many nations and not enough players to fill them

"We " dont. This is YOUR opinion. Falling player numbers have nothing to do with 7 or 3 nations in game.

For the sake of the game

Lol..Our "savior".

trimming the nations down to 4 or 5, make the game more historically accurate

And this is going to increase the numbers again? Your logic has no logic at all.

Edited by Fenris

1 minute ago, Fenris said:

"We " dont. This is YOUR opinion. Falling player numbers have nothing to do with 7 or 3 nations in game.

Lol..Our "saviour".

And this is going to increase the numbers again? Your logic has no logic at all.

Cool.  You're like the first negative post on here.  I doubt I'm in the minority here.

The logic is sound.  Assuming you have a brain.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Cool.  You're like the first negative post on here.  I doubt I'm in the minority here.

The logic is sound.  Assuming you have a brain.  

You have proven you have none. Connecting "too many nations" with less players on server.

#Pure bullshit, but hey, you are posting stuff.

8 minutes ago, Fenris said:

You have proven you have none. Connecting "too many nations" with less players on server.

#Pure bullshit, but hey, you are posting stuff.

Um No.  

I am saying that SINCE our current population is so low we do not have enough players to fill these nations.  Which creates an environment where the amount of content is spread too thinly across 11 nations.  IF this game had double or triple the population it currently has...we would not be having this discussion.  But we don't.   

I would suggest you comprehend my posts before commenting on them.   

We're done here.  Thanks

Edited by Christendom

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Um No.  

I am saying that SINCE our current population is so low we do not have enough players to fill these nations.  Which creates an environment where the amount of content is spread too thinly across 11 nations.  IF this game had double or triple the population it currently has...we would not be having this discussion.  But we don't.   

I would suggest you comprehend my posts before commenting on them.   

We're done here.  Thanks

Dyfed simply can only cry. Was already that way in RDNN.