Game-Labs Forum

Solve the PB timer abuse

How many of these elusive Americans are in MRF, who many in EDR? Of course WO and BLANC will set their timers in their prime time. You guys, like PERVS before, just set the timers so ppl will have to give up sleep to attack you. The only reason we were able to take those dutch ports is 3 guys gave up their sleep and the dutch couldn't defend because they do not play at those times!

Maybe we need some insomniac server police taskforce who will smack down clans who put timers to dodge PBs. Won't need many guys, because true cancer timers are set when the perpetrators themselves can't defend.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Knobby said:

How many of these elusive Americans are in MRF, who many in EDR? Of course WO and BLANC will set their timers in their prime time. You guys, like PERVS before, just set the timers so ppl will have to give up sleep to attack you. The only reason we were able to take those dutch ports is 3 guys gave up their sleep and the dutch couldn't defend because they do not play at those times!

Maybe we need some insomniac server police taskforce who will smack down clans who put timers to dodge PBs. Won't need many guys, because true cancer timers are set when the perpetrators themselves can't defend.

MRF has Americans too in our clan actually, so we could defend those ports. and like I said, not everyone will have to give up their sleep to attack those ports. Because the French nation does not have all the Americans in this game. 

And I will repeat why the Brittish timers are different: While the French ports can be attacked by certain people, those Brittish timers are almost impossible to attack for everyone

and sure make such a force to beat these "cancerous timers" and give our Americans some content.

Edited by ScipioTortuga

I see a lot of players seemingly being economical with the truth lately with regard to timers and why they set them at silly o clock.

I'd bet if admin could tell us what times members of clans logged on and from where, it would tell a very different story to the one the players are saying

Players who are trying to handpick their facts,  chose whom they attack , what sort of port and only when it suits them aren't helping the game at all, they are only pursuing their own agenda.

Most nations have been doing it lately.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Hello Devs.

Some Clans are using the PB timeframe to prevent PBs. I thought about that problem and come to a little idea:

Ports are owned by clans. Clans are mostly from one timezone. Why not bring an unchangedbale timeframe to the clan instead of every induvidual port.

When my clan captured a port the timeframe of my clan is used to set the ports timeframe.

That would solve: clans playing in a european timezone setting timers in the australian timezone, just to prevent other european clans to fight the port.

Why not? Atm the clans who wanna do RvR setting timers to their main game time. This is the same, without making clans to abuse the machanic

How to avoid port-holding-clans ... a one man clan holding all ports a nation/clan want to hide in an other time zone ....?

10 hours ago, Knobby said:

Nation #12:

The Vampire Nation

Knobby just wants to attack empty ports and hates the idea that us Americans want to have a fight too. If the Dutch were to change their timers to dutch times they would be one ported, or just be stuck with the 3 ports VNM owns. That's stupid, VNM has an American playerbase to cover American time zone. We WORK AS A NATION, I'm sorry if that bugs you. We are A UNITED PROVINCE. Thus Dutch clans, knowing that us Americans can defend their ports pay the price to protect their ports through using what the Dutch have. And that's an American population. Pervs did nothing wrong, and Sweden proved that it actually wasn't an issue by taking these ports. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vizzini said:

I see a lot of players seemingly being economical with the truth lately with regard to timers and why they set them at silly o clock.

I'd bet if admin could tell us what times members of clans logged on and from where, it would tell a very different story to the one the players are saying

Players who are trying to handpick their facts,  chose whom they attack , what sort of port and only when it suits them aren't helping the game at all, they are only pursuing their own agenda.

Most nations have been doing it lately.

You know there is one way to find out, might be time some of us buckle up and get up at odd times and hit some ports in those odd timers?   WOuldn't that be funny just to see who shows up to actually defend them. That is why I mention port wipes need to be done to test the new mechanics too.  It's funny the folks I notice that complain the most about them are the ones I think don't have the numbers to take the ports back and it will show weakness.   I just would like a few ports to be released for other time zones that have very few ports to fight over and not go all the way to the other side of the map to do so.

On 02/03/2018 at 10:01 AM, ScipioTortuga said:

MRF has Americans too in our clan actually, so we could defend those ports. and like I said, not everyone will have to give up their sleep to attack those ports. Because the French nation does not have all the Americans in this game. 

And I will repeat why the Brittish timers are different: While the French ports can be attacked by certain people, those Brittish timers are almost impossible to attack for everyone

and sure make such a force to beat these "cancerous timers" and give our Americans some content.

its not our job to give you contemt .... same as its not yours to give me mine .. i want to attac la navasse its my only goal in game ..your " cancerous " timers are spoiling my content i cant attack between 3-6 am ....   el toco was flipped  early friday afternoon ... that  proves we have players at that time to defend bahammas .....how strange that we found the french trying to flop it too  .... i thought no one else was in game between 1100- 1400

every port has a 3 hour window for you to flip ... wheteher its after maintenance or not its 3 hours .....same for everyone

15 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Knobby just wants to attack empty ports and hates the idea that us Americans want to have a fight too. If the Dutch were to change their timers to dutch times they would be one ported, or just be stuck with the 3 ports VNM owns. That's stupid, VNM has an American playerbase to cover American time zone. We WORK AS A NATION, I'm sorry if that bugs you. We are A UNITED PROVINCE. Thus Dutch clans, knowing that us Americans can defend their ports pay the price to protect their ports through using what the Dutch have. And that's an American population. Pervs did nothing wrong, and Sweden proved that it actually wasn't an issue by taking these ports. 

I think his point was if you americans want a fight too,why didn't you turn up for PBs in your time? simple enough question really and a valid one.

15 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

So where were you? We took these ports with 3-5 guys, and the only 3 VP guys that showed up are ppl that I know to be Dutch IRL. You could easily have stopped us, cus we only had a tiny fleet. The fact that not a single American showed up proves me right.

Nobody wants to one-port anybody. And nothing is more boring than attacking an empty port.

34 minutes ago, Tac said:

I think his point was if you americans want a fight too,why didn't you turn up for PBs in your time? simple enough question really and a valid one.

Indeed

• Like 1

I know a solution. 

Let's modify the cost of holding the timers by the percentage of the players playing at specific hour, compared to peak hours. 

For example, each week, admin takes a look at active player counts. 

Then, we divide the regular cost, by percentage of players to have final cost.

For visualization I'll use "100" gold as a base. 

1) PB Timer set for peak hours (600 players in average) 

100 gold : 100% = still 100 gold 

2) PB Timer set for off-peak hours (300 players on average) 

100 gold : 50% = 200 gold

3) PB Timer set for time when lowest number players is online (60)

100 gold : 10% = 1000 gold

Whatever the solution with the port timers are it needs to include players from all time zones.

Perhaps a lateral solution are needed where port timers as we know them are scrapped yet still facilitates for players in all timezones to defend and attack. A server split would kill the game for me unless the game has a big resurgence in players beforehand.  

One solution which some mmo's are using are usimg actual timezone on the map that sets static defender/attacker times depending on location on the map.

I am not suggesting this would be a good alternative in NA but I believe an alternative to server split / night timers abuse need to be considered.

48 minutes ago, Christendom said:

One solution.  Get up early and coordinate with other nations.

bfbe9aeefb3ee9c980665929d49ee3b3.png

Multiflips are ok when it's not against you right? And this time it's because Gregory was being a dick, not some kind of meta-game racism against a single underdog nation I suppose?

• Like 1