Game-Labs Forum

Solve the PB timer abuse

Hello Devs.

Some Clans are using the PB timeframe to prevent PBs. I thought about that problem and come to a little idea:

Ports are owned by clans. Clans are mostly from one timezone. Why not bring an unchangedbale timeframe to the clan instead of every induvidual port.

When my clan captured a port the timeframe of my clan is used to set the ports timeframe.

That would solve: clans playing in a european timezone setting timers in the australian timezone, just to prevent other european clans to fight the port.

Why not? Atm the clans who wanna do RvR setting timers to their main game time. This is the same, without making clans to abuse the machanic

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

That would solve: clans playing in a european timezone setting timers in the australian timezone, just to prevent other european clans to fight the port.

Lol, it's just suicide. Somebody is doing it for real?

The mechanics behind the timers and charging more for setting a timer is pretty sound. 

The problem is that they were implemented at time when most clans/persons were rich enough to where owning ports and timers wasn't a big deal.  Imagine for a sec if the server had been wiped, including assets and cash.  A clan holding 20 ports + timers on those ports would be very hard pressed to farm enough cash to keep the lights on.  

I think a more pressing issue is the fact that there simply are not enough players in this game to justify all these ports.  Far too many ports are being held just for the sake of holding ports and getting victory marks.  Which should be addressed next patch.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The mechanics behind the timers and charging more for setting a timer is pretty sound. 

The problem is that they were implemented at time when most clans/persons were rich enough to where owning ports and timers wasn't a big deal.  Imagine for a sec if the server had been wiped, including assets and cash.  A clan holding 20 ports + timers on those ports would be very hard pressed to farm enough cash to keep the lights on.  

I think a more pressing issue is the fact that there simply are not enough players in this game to justify all these ports.  Far too many ports are being held just for the sake of holding ports and getting victory marks.  Which should be addressed next patch.  

The mechanic is broken - even a week after the wipe I had a couple of millions. The economy is broken and has been for a long time.

GB can defend at that time though...? As we did when the port was flipped on numerous occasions. We have more players at that time.

People are behaving as though we've never been attacked in that window, Arthurs, West End, Mangrove were all attacked then. People are just whining because they can't beat us at that time which again, isn't my problem.

10 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

GB can defend at that time though...? As we did when the port was flipped on numerous occasions. We have more players at that time.

People are behaving as though we've never been attacked in that window, Arthurs, West End, Mangrove were all attacked then. People are just whining because they can't beat us at that time which again, isn't my problem.

yea but you have fine enough people if not more in the evening too havent you? So why the 11-14 timers? oh yea because its straight after the maintenance and its almost impossible to flip it except in the weekends and you are lucky.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScipioTortuga said:

yea but you have fine enough people if not more in the evening too havent you? So why the 11-14 timers? oh yea because its straight after the maintenance and its almost impossible to flip it except in the weekends and you are lucky.

Nah, i feel scam in the air.

He's living in England, and he is keep saying that 11-14 is normal timer for him o.O

U are unemployed mate? Cause normal people are in work/school in this hours.

The timer is your decision, but stop saying that it's ok, to make it almost unavaible to flip.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Yeah but I want to spend my evenings with the missus, not killing you guys. Why don't you fight at 4 in the morning? 'cus it's inconvenient for you.

Funny how Gregory got all defensive before a single name was mentioned. All Sevn did was suggest a clan-window instead of a port-window, but look Gregory thought he personally was attacked. At the same time it proved ScipioTortuga is immune to irony. The whole hello kittying gulf of mexico is owned by French Euro clans with timers in the middle of the night and who's complaining about timers...?

IMO the whole timer thing is a cancer in the game, and we all saw it coming with the server merge. It was the biggest reason for the spilt in the first place! Unfortunately Christendom shouted the hardest and the longest and got what he wanted.

Please devs, something needs to be done! And no, a slightly different version of the warsupply bomb is not gonna solve anything, it will just make shit worse!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Hello Devs.

Some Clans are using the PB timeframe to prevent PBs. I thought about that problem and come to a little idea:

Ports are owned by clans. Clans are mostly from one timezone. Why not bring an unchangedbale timeframe to the clan instead of every induvidual port.

When my clan captured a port the timeframe of my clan is used to set the ports timeframe.

Why not? Atm the clans who wanna do RvR setting timers to their main game time. This is the same, without making clans to abuse the machanic

and how do you regulate a clans main game time .. some clans have members from all time zones ....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

and how do you regulate a clans main game time .. some clans have members from all time zones ....

Regional servers.

#Globalserverfailedsohardthatwejusthavetotestitalloveragain

8 hours ago, Bearwall said:

The mechanic is broken - even a week after the wipe I had a couple of millions. The economy is broken and has been for a long time.

I'm going to have to agree with you on the money.  Charging more isn't going to fix it, but will hurt small clans/nations that can't make all that money like the big guys as fast.  Instead we need hard caps or limits.  Make it you can only set up to 10 timers and that is it.  If you own more than 10 ports you have to pick which don't get timers and the rest are open to all or you need to have other clans own them.   Maybe limit the number of ports owned to clan members.  Every 10 members you have you can own a port.  So that means if a clan has 250 members it can own 25 ports.  Though I think the hard cap should be 24.  Though they will have 14 ports with no timers set so they can be attacked at any time.  Owning more and more ports should be harder just like if a nation gets to big and owns more and more land it should be harder and harder to protect all your boarders.  We are just making it more a clan base thing. If you want to have a lot of ports in your nations than you need other clans to own ports too.  This keeps from one mega clan from happening.

Well what about alt clans and clan jumping?  Well make it so if you leave your nation (which should be in game any way) or clan that your Lord Protector status is gone.  You have to do a new port battle in your new clan to keep the lord protector status and gain your VM's.

Rememeber clans still get 10 ports in there prime timers which is more than enough ports for them to defend if they so wish.  The goal is to encourage more folks to fight and more clans to own ports in game and not just one or two mega clans or nations.  Mega clans can still own the key important ports they just don't need to own every dot on the map.  We don't have map resets in game which would be the other option.  Every three months the map resets, but I'm sure a lot of folks would not want to regrind ports over and over.  Other wise without encouragement to have folks fight over ports the map gets very stale mated and no one fights cause the little guys don't want to try to take on the big guys that owns most of the ports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knobby said:

Funny how Gregory got all defensive before a single name was mentioned. All Sevn did was suggest a clan-window instead of a port-window, but look Gregory thought he personally was attacked. At the same time it proved ScipioTortuga is immune to irony. The whole hello kittying gulf of mexico is owned by French Euro clans with timers in the middle of the night and who's complaining about timers...?

IMO the whole timer thing is a cancer in the game, and we all saw it coming with the server merge. It was the biggest reason for the spilt in the first place! Unfortunately Christendom shouted the hardest and the longest and got what he wanted.

Please devs, something needs to be done! And no, a slightly different version of the warsupply bomb is not gonna solve anything, it will just make shit worse!

You're welcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knobby said:

Lol those timers were set before I joined, and we have an actual American playerbase. Other Americans can just attack it. The Brits however have timers that almost nobody can attack those ports. Way different

1 hour ago, ScipioTortuga said:

Lol those timers were set before I joined, and we have an actual American playerbase. Other Americans can just attack it. The Brits however have timers that almost nobody can attack those ports. Way different

Who gives a hello kitty when those timers were set? You have American members? Die ene american zullen we dan maar de Excuus-Amerikaan noemen dan. Stop hiding behind irrelevant technicalities.

You are complaining about somebody else's timers, while your clan and your buddies' clan have even worse hello kittying timers. If you cannot see the hypocrisy in that you truly are beyond all help.

13 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Who gives a hello kitty when those timers were set? You have American members? Die ene american zullen we dan maar de Excuus-Amerikaan noemen dan. Stop hiding behind irrelevant technicalities.

You are complaining about somebody else's timers, while your clan and your buddies' clan have even worse hello kittying timers. If you cannot see the hypocrisy in that you truly are beyond all help.

The French nation had atm the biggest American playerbase I think. And other Americans can perfectly fine attack them, the Brits have attacked La Navasse before and you apperantly had the ability to do night flips with the Dutch too. The timers the Brits have however are almost impossible to flip for everyone, impossible for Americans, EUs and Ausez, simply because its hello kitying hard to flip a port straight after the maintenance. The Brits timers are clearly worse and are just their because they dont want to get attacked there and want to stay high on the conquest board.

Edited by ScipioTortuga
  • Like 2