Game-Labs Forum

pls change timers

ScipioTortuga

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

to be fair pb timers are set to avoid multi flips .. rather than pbs at all ... easy way to solve it remove timers but a lock  attacks on nations that are defending ports so you dont have to defend more than 1 port at once  wiith ,aybe an hours grace either side

Aye. The reason we put it at this time originally was because people kept multiflipping. They didn't care about a good fight, they just wanted the port. Now the shoe is on the other foot, they whine.

Idea would be to increase costs for every extra port you want on the same timers. So example. 1 port on 11-14 timer costs 100k for that port. If you want a second port on 11-14 it will cost you 150% more, and next one at same time 200% and so on ( these are just example amounts/%). This will make putting all ports on the same timer very expensive. This will make it still possible for clans to do these timers, but maybe set different (cheaper) timers on port they find less important. Then maybe timers will be more evenly distributed over the different timezones.

This was not my idea but a clan mates and I kind of like it.

22 minutes ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

Or maybe because you can acces forum from mobile or anywhere with interruption which can't be said about playing the actual game especially when prepping for or participating in a PB.

I check the forums while at work cause my lunch (2am) is about when the devs get active and post some times.  I check discord through out the night cause if something happens after I leave for work I know about it in the mornign when I get home and can join in or move ships around if need be for the after noon or weekends.   That and I"m just a forum whore so I'm always on it any way.....I mean just look at my post count lol

6 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

plenty of brit ports set at eu prime time if you want to fight brits .... plenty of shallow water ports .. around the map at eu primetime

its fake news

Maybe it's not EU players that would like to have port battles in the shallows?  When we where still Russian I was looking all over the map for decent times to maybe flip a for our clan.  It seem that the only way we could get a port was on the other side of the map where we would of gotten no support from our nation or by doing the port battles on the weekend very early in our mornings.  Which isn't bad cause we had some AUS/SEA/EU players that could join, but it's hard to get folks organazed when the majority of us are not EU players.  I like to do things in the middle of the day (like sleep cause I work 3rd shift) or family stuff and play my game in the eve (sounds like what the EU players like too) not have to get on right when I get off work or in the middle of my sleep time just to flip a smaller shallow port that is owned majorly by one or two clans with one timers only.

YOu could always ask some of the other time zones clans if they want to defend the ports for you in off times and than if they loose it or not so be it.  Do you honeslty need to own over half the Bahamas?

2 hours ago, admin said:

you can sink players Rediii — its totally possible to get PB set up by pure pvp. Some battles were set up by pvp in the last month.

Ai is there for reserve - if players dont come out.

Only 1 battle was setup in the last month and it was done so by sinking 17 or 18 ships.  It was flipped because we willingly gave them a fight.  All we had to do to prevent that fight was simply not sail out of port.  

• Like 1

Just now, Christendom said:

Only 1 battle was setup in the last month and it was done so by sinking 17 or 18 ships.  It was flipped because we willingly gave them a fight.  All we had to do to prevent that fight was simply not sail out of port.  

And the one flip wasn't even the one they came to flip right if I understood right?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe it's not EU players that would like to have port battles in the shallows?  When we where still Russian I was looking all over the map for decent times to maybe flip a for our clan.  It seem that the only way we could get a port was on the other side of the map where we would of gotten no support from our nation or by doing the port battles on the weekend very early in our mornings.  Which isn't bad cause we had some AUS/SEA/EU players that could join, but it's hard to get folks organazed when the majority of us are not EU players.  I like to do things in the middle of the day (like sleep cause I work 3rd shift) or family stuff and play my game in the eve (sounds like what the EU players like too) not have to get on right when I get off work or in the middle of my sleep time just to flip a smaller shallow port that is owned majorly by one or two clans with one timers only.

YOu could always ask some of the other time zones clans if they want to defend the ports for you in off times and than if they loose it or not so be it.  Do you honeslty need to own over half the Bahamas?

You think we have the nation rushing up to the Bahamas to defend it? No. We have to convince folks to come up. You can go flip the French ports in the Gulf which wouldn't be so hard since you attacked GB there in the past. Your inability to get people there is your problem, not mine.

And yeah we do, 'cus people keep multiflipping us so it's the only way we have a chance of remaining high on the leaderboard for the Conquest Competition. You don't need the ports either and frankly I don't care for your needs, as I said before it's not my problem.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And the one flip wasn't even the one they came to flip right if I understood right?

right.  This "oh well you can flip ports with PVP" is utter bullshit.  11 nations and 700 people MAX on a server at once means we do not have enough players in areas that are not high traffic.  

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

You think we have the nation rushing up to the Bahamas to defend it? No. We have to convince folks to come up. You can go flip the French ports in the Gulf which wouldn't be so hard since you attacked GB there in the past. Your inability to get people there is your problem, not mine.

And yeah we do, 'cus people keep multiflipping us so it's the only way we have a chance of remaining high on the leaderboard for the Conquest Competition. You don't need the ports either and frankly I don't care for your needs, as I said before it's not my problem.

Again why do I want to go across the map to flip a port where no one else in my nation is at?  Your in the middle where most of the other nations are. If you don't want to get multi flip maybe you shouldn't own so many ports you can't defend?  Every one has money so that isn't an issue.  IF your not using the ports than let other folks use them instead.  

Bahamas should be a melting pot of multi nations owning ports there not one or two nations owning the majority of the ports and locking them up in one timer that most players don't play in.  

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I check the forums while at work cause my lunch (2am) is about when the devs get active and post some times.  I check discord through out the night cause if something happens after I leave for work I know about it in the mornign when I get home and can join in or move ships around if need be for the after noon or weekends.   That and I"m just a forum whore so I'm always on it any way.....I mean just look at my post count lol

so you want  eu players to set timers at your prime time that is middle of night for us .... that seems fair

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

so you want  eu players to set timers at your prime time that is middle of night for us .... that seems fair

Are drop ports they aren't using since there wasn't a wipe with the merg.  It's hard to take some ports for US and EU player to fight over when they are all in other times zones.  And saying going to the other side of the map to flip a port won't encourage multi nations to fight over a zone.  It just ends up in one sided fights.  We are still in alpha so there is no reason for us to not do wipes to test things.  It's hard to test stuff when the content is locked behind some one owning most of the ports in a zone folks should be fighting in.  Oh and last I checked they are not in EU time zones.   11-14 is mid day for most of ya'll so that means your at work and such.  That is early morning for US.  It is not game prime time for EU players so don't say it's EU players prime time.  I have no problem getting on mid day to play in EU prime time, I do have problem when they are set out side of most of the servers prime time to avoid fights and that is exactly what he's admitting he's doing.  They own to many ports they can't defend on there own so they are trying to us  a time when the less  amount of players are on to avoid fights.  How about a bunch of us go try to flip multi ports and see how many they can actually show up for at that time?

I think folks are so against a wipe of the ports cause they know they will loose most of there ports when folks find out just how many players they really have in there nation and they have to fight over scraps with current players.

4 minutes ago, RKY said:

script should handle timers on ports, not players.

at least one port or more depending on national port owned should be open any time of the day.

there are currently time of day where no port can be attacked.

Are make certain none important ports where you can't set timers on them so that they can be fought over at any time of the day by any one that want them.  Notice I keep saying none important ports.  We have tons of ports with no key mats or goods in them that can be used in such manor.  There needs to be some sort of check and balance as to not let folks abuse the timers and lock out content from a good part of the player base both US and EU players.

Maybe limit how many ports you can restrict timers on.  Each clan gets 10 ports they own that they can pay to have the timers set to what they want.  All other ports have to have open timers.  This means that clan has to pick the 10 most important ports they want to defend.  I would go about saying make it only 5 this way it would encourage them to let other clans own ports and help each other defend them as a team.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Are drop ports they aren't using since there wasn't a wipe with the merg.  It's hard to take some ports for US and EU player to fight over when they are all in other times zones.  And saying going to the other side of the map to flip a port won't encourage multi nations to fight over a zone.  It just ends up in one sided fights.  We are still in alpha so there is no reason for us to not do wipes to test things.  It's hard to test stuff when the content is locked behind some one owning most of the ports in a zone folks should be fighting in.  Oh and last I checked they are not in EU time zones.   11-14 is mid day for most of ya'll so that means your at work and such.  That is early morning for US.  It is not game prime time for EU players so don't say it's EU players prime time.  I have no problem getting on mid day to play in EU prime time, I do have problem when they are set out side of most of the servers prime time to avoid fights and that is exactly what he's admitting he's doing.  They own to many ports they can't defend on there own so they are trying to us  a time when the less  amount of players are on to avoid fights.  How about a bunch of us go try to flip multi ports and see how many they can actually show up for at that time?

I think folks are so against a wipe of the ports cause they know they will loose most of there ports when folks find out just how many players they really have in there nation and they have to fight over scraps with current players.

think you will find that we have defended ports at those times so we have enough players online at those to do so

dont tell me when im at work etc etc ... for same reasons you gave me about posting on a forum

currently there are 312 players online .. which is around 50% of the eu prime time numbers   it takes as little as 4 people to raise hostility .. and  less than 20 to fill a shalow water port battle

your arguments are not well founded

Edited by Grundgemunkey

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We own those ports because we took them off others. It wasn't always in our primetime but we did it.

Unlike the European Americans we don't set our timers for the early hours. TURN etc, are European clans so perhaps before criticising others, lead by example. We're perfectly capable of defending at that time and it's not our problem you can't attack. I don't play when or how it suits you, if don't like it well tough shit.

When people have attacked us at 11-14 we've had enough to fill the port battle plus screeners. It's not my problem you can't inspire enough people in your nation to attack us and throw away their ships.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

Just now, Gregory Rainsborough said:

At the weekends at least one port is always in the evenings. Not my fault you guys can't be arsed to check.

I call BS on this unless it's something you just changed. I checked several weekends in a row as we been looking at ports and the timers have not changed in almost a month.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

TBH its a bs argument because you have 100% of your ports at the same pb window in bahamas

I wohld be ok with it if you would have 1 port on a EU night timer but this way its just a excuse you and grudge came up with

actually every timer of your ports is at this time not only bahamas

really redyy ... you  want to have a little bet .. that your statement is true ? plenty of brit ports with other timers

Edited by Grundgemunkey

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

you change if on friday and then again on saturday?

Lol dude stop giving that bullshit excuses to look better and tell the plain truth

Little Isaac Rocks is usually the unwilling victim.

I'm reconsidering the policy right now though :)

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I call BS on this unless it's something you just changed. I checked several weekends in a row as we been looking at ports and the timers have not changed in almost a month.

You're not paying attention then, just like your claims that there were no ports you could attack when you can always attack @rediii here. The Swedes are more than willing to get multiflipped and get attacked by the sounds of it so why don't you two attack each other?

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

maybe devs should split servers again as you said earlier we are testing .. and 24hr pbs isnt working