Game-Labs Forum

Lets build again

hi all

for what is see is that the young captains do not build their own ships

mostly they get ships from clan members to get in the game as fast as possible to join battles or grow as fast as possible

that's fine on it self but ...

some captains miss the most significant side of the game to often ,namely:

1. building ships..

2. and also for the value of the ship they sail

i want to make a suggestion to start with ,

to remove the ships above the basic cutters ,only the basic cutter and the traders lynx is a build you can buy in the shop from the AI

and remove the rest of the ships ...motto build your own .

just for the love of building ships and learn to build and respect the value of the ships , especially for young newcomers to the game 

only availability from the shop is the basic cutter and the trader lynx

if we want to keep the ships in the shop:: well than it has a pretty high price tag>>>>> triple the current price of the AI vessels in the shop

Make ship building great again

Edited by Thonys
removed offtopic music video
  • Like 2

What you propose is not the smartest way to go about things. If everyone builds their own ships like you want them to, I guarantee you that you will be back on the forums after a week crying about how expensive rare materials have gotten because suddenly everyone will be putting up contracts. Not only that, but it will also greatly decrease the already less and less pvp that is going on in OW because the stakes are so much higher whereas there reward stays the same. Also I dont believe in removing shop vessels as they are pretty useful at times for quick duels in exactly equal ships or being able to get back to screening quickly after you died.

Forcing everyone to build their own ships purely for 'appreciation of crafting' or 'respecting the value of a vessel' is kinda counterproductive in so many ways. I would even argue it could be gamebreaking. There is simply no way a 'new' player can keep up with contracts against someone with an alt and/or more resources.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

NO. 

No ship building from scratch >  no balanced game in the end

2 hours ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

Secondly, what you propose is not the smartest way to go about things. If everyone builds their own ships like you want them to, I guarantee you that you will be back on the forums after a week crying about how expensive rare materials have gotten because suddenly everyone will be putting up contracts. Not only that, but it will also greatly decrease the already less and less pvp that is going on in OW because the stakes are so much higher whereas there reward stays the same. Also I dont believe in removing shop vessels as they are pretty useful at times for quick duels in exactly equal ships or being able to get back to screening quickly after you died.

Forcing everyone to build their own ships purely for 'appreciation of crafting' or 'respecting the value of a vessel' is kinda counterproductive in so many ways. I would even argue it could be gamebreaking. There is simply no way a 'new' player can keep up with contracts against someone with an alt and/or more resources.

also restricted upgrades are the pvp killer ,

so stick to your own pvp game please...

i sometimes wonder are you 2 here for the  likes only or are you also thinking about the game (let me give you one+)

but let me give you a good one you can buy a bellona  in the shop for 50ooo gold and you would be happy ...also the upgrades are for free(i bet you vote yes)

Edited by Thonys

3 minutes ago, admin said:

please restructure your main post as it is impossible to read and understand

i see your problem 

привет всем

ибо видно, что молодые капитаны не строят свои собственные корабли

они получают от членов клана, чтобы как можно быстрее присоединиться к битвам или расти как можно быстрее

это нормально, но ...

некоторые капитаны часто пропускают самую значительную часть игры, а именно:

1. Строительство судов ..

2. а также стоимость судна

Я хочу сделать предложение, чтобы начать,

для удаления кораблей над базовыми ножами, только основной резак и рысь - это сборка, которую можно купить в магазине от ИИ

и удалите остальные корабли ... девиз создайте свой собственный.

просто ради любви к построению и уважению ценности кораблей, особенно для молодых новичков в игре

доступен только основной резак и рысь трейдера

если мы хотим держать корабли в магазине: это довольно высокая цена >>>>> утроить текущую цену судов ИИ в магазине

Сделайте корабль великолепным снова

4 minutes ago, admin said:

please restructure your main post as it is impossible to read and understand

He basically wants new players to not have access to ships unless they build it themselves or pay 3x the price, so they can quit the game faster....

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Landsman said:

He basically wants new players to not have access to ships unless they build it themselves or pay 3x the price, so they can quit the game faster....

i dont think so , they are forced to build their own ships (to give them some more depth to the game)

they dont stay in the game if it is boring for them (the only thing they see is get a ship and get bullied by otto)

give the young captains  ,something to do

build in the first place and afterwards doing pvp with them

and not the other way around

think about it a young captain with cartagena refit in his upgrade ...ever seen one ...well i didn't and if he does he does not know where it is good for

a other example :a given ship with northern carpenters in the upgrades ,the captain removes it for a useless pump because he sinks to much  (ftw)

Edited by Thonys

7 minutes ago, Thonys said:

i dont think so , they are forced to build their own ships (to give them some more depth to the game)

they dont stay in the game if it is boring for them (the only thing they see is get a ship and get bullied by otto)

give the young captains  ,something to do

build in the first place and afterwards doing pvp with them

and not the other way around

think about it a young captain with cartagena refit in his upgrade ...ever seen one ...well i didn't and if he does he does not know where it is good for

Then as an experienced captain you should by teaching him what it’s for and even supplying it for him,that’s what we do right?

9 minutes ago, Tac said:

Then as an experienced captain you should by teaching him what it’s for and even supplying it for him,that’s what we do right?

we all try ,but there are more captains who do not clan up ,and those are the one we have to keep in the game 

or we must make a mechanic wath give benefit for joining clans.

(like clan build ships +  slots in the clan warehouse (clan docks) for example [[+ clan warehouse logs [before i forget])

Edited by Thonys

Depends on the clan really , there was one guy recently who joined Cabal from a low rank wth little pvp experience and no ships really.

He came to us so we supplied him with everything, ships , mods, carta the lot all free all he had to do was sail to outposts and grind up.

literally 2 weeks later he’s full rank, full ship 20 slots and participates in 1st rates pbs, and has become an excellent supplier of goods/ win/win.

I don’t think new captains realise the benefits of a clan, I believe it’s our job to show them the way.

If they are forced to do stuff they often leave.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tac said:

Depends on the clan really , there was one guy recently who joined Cabal from a low rank wth little pvp experience and no ships really.

He came to us so we supplied him with everything, ships , mods, carta the lot all free all he had to do was sail to outposts and grind up.

literally 2 weeks later he’s full rank, full ship 20 slots and participates in 1st rates pbs, and has become an excellent supplier of goods/ win/win.

I don’t think new captains realise the benefits of a clan, I believe it’s our job to show them the way.

If they are forced to do stuff they often leave.

all true, but what matters is the novice player that is the one who should give you a challenge tomorrow
it's about the novice player 

the player who can sail a frigate, but does not know to build one

Edited by Thonys

3 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

I don't understand what you mean here. Use Google Translate plz.

o.0 it is google translate

you should use google translate lol 

i'm done here...

Edited by Thonys

Otto, suppose everything starts from zero tomorrow. Both veterans and newcomers start with nothing.

That's how I read it.

The biggest thing a clan can offer is indeed - experience and knowledge.

A new player needs to carry social skills though, which in itself cannot be covered by any mechanics or clan rewards.

Maybe upcoming Tutorial can help in this ?

There are really valid reasons here as to why your proposal isn't the greatest to put it mildly. Why not make a proper argument for your point of view instead of rambling like a politician with 1000 words, but no real information. I get that its fun to craft good ships and it makes you appreciate the value more especially if you have to collect resources yourself. The downsides of this do however heavily outweigh the upsides. 

8 minutes ago, Thonys said:

all true, but what matters is the novice player that is the one who should give you a challenge tomorrow
it's about the novice player 

the player who can sail a frigate, but does not know to build one

That’s my point he was a novice sailing a frigate, now he builds ships for others , not because he’s forced to, because he wants to.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tac said:

That’s my point he was a novice sailing a frigate, now he builds ships for others , not because he’s forced to, because he wants to.

When I start a new game I try to play through a lot of the content solo and not part of a clan. I It was almost 5-6 months before I joined a clan in NA and that was only cause of an old friend from WoT was in the clan and we where just going to tag along.  Other wise I wanted to stay clanless and do my own thing.  Other folks are like that too so no one should force them to do what they don't want to do.  When I was burned out of the game after the wipe and trying to leave my old global clan I wanted to return to do that just that run solo with my alts as a mini small clan and not a worry about other players.  Luckly some clan mates let me burn steam and take a break and brought be back into the clan and we made a smaller less stress clan out of the like minded officers and players that didn't want to do mega RvR every one against them clan stuff.  Hell with my crappy work hours I stil pretty much play like a casual now any way.