Game-Labs Forum

US Player base

AmericanOutlaw

Question

14 answers to this question

us Dutch have a decent US timezone population, we are looking for more US players, we arent very active in pvp right now as we could use some more pvp players, but given a couple more we have outposts in various free ports just for that very purpose. Today we capped an ocean and sank his friend that was also in an ocean, it was an even match, and we lost a buc and aggy. 

In size it prob goes like GB US and France.  GB has the most players than most nations combine, but as folks said a lot of them just trade and care bear it up.  US has the same problem but larger number of them are going out and trying to fight back.  They tend to get farm a lot so if they start to learn and get some guidence they might be able to bite back.   France has like two main groups that are RVR/PVP the rest are EU.  

If your new I would say go US and just learn the game and get in with a clan and take your time.  Than again I'm a bit bias since I just recently switched from Russia to US.  Remember many of the other nations are majority EU players and some are largely none English speaking.  Spain has very little to my knowledge US player base other than alts for the most part.   For the most action I would stick with the three I meantion above.  US, GB and France.  We picked US cause there was more room to grow in that nation and would allow us to fight France and GB.  GB to me is just to large so doesn't need more fat to the trimmings per say.  France well a lot of the guys we want to fight are on that team so if we wanted good fights we didn't need to join them.  

So either way good luck and welcome to your new nation when you pick it.

2 hours ago, AmericanOutlaw said:

What is a nation with a decent US player base that does PVP? I just switched from the Pirates as they sadly seem to sit in port when a threat is in the harbor, and France's English clans seem to be quite full. Not sure which nation would be a good fit for me as my playing time is 3pm-10pm EST.

If you are looking for a US player base your best bet is the US. GB does have people that play in the US timezone but majority of them are not PvP players. 

12 hours ago, AmericanOutlaw said:

What is a nation with a decent US player base that does PVP? I just switched from the Pirates as they sadly seem to sit in port when a threat is in the harbor, and France's English clans seem to be quite full. Not sure which nation would be a good fit for me as my playing time is 3pm-10pm EST.

Keep in mind your peak time is also peak time for ANZAC's like myself and those players in Asia Pacific time zones that are mostly online during the day weekdays.   

First up , whichever nation you chose to play with , try and make sure they are active at the times you will be playing. Also , communication is something to bear in mind, if you are not willing to try and fit in with non native speakers, you  may be best advised to pick based on the language you speak. google translate gets boring fast and sense of humour and sarcasm don't come across well in text.

Picking a nation isn't so hard, finding a decent clan is harder