Game-Labs Forum

Boring map

11 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Something is missing from the map.  Where is the sea monster that should be lurking over on the edge?!  

Come to think of it...are cannonballs effective to fight off sea monsters? 

Do you really believe in monsters?  

At time it was created to scare the others .

Edited by CaptainSparckles

13 hours ago, admin said:

Everything is boring after 2000 hours. Even the most beautiful woman can become boring after 2000 hours.
Please do not project your jaded view on new players. The map could be boring for a veteran yes we agree but it only happens after a while. But the game never promised to entertain the players forever.

Regarding the map
we can remove it, if players dont like it and find it boring. We went the way of open development and listen to players who asked to add the map. I am still 100% against the map in game. It should be players responsibility to learn the surroundings and its fun to chart your way yourself. like real captains - on paper..

well, i do not agree ....first of all i love every woman 

and almost every captain, even ........

after 500 hours (random number :) ),  i am still not bored to the game ,what's wrong with you people..(little kids ,where the pigeons must fly into the mouth ? )

regarding the map ,

perhaps you should interact with your woman more , and look a bit more in the eyes  , and talk more, interact and get wise ...from your lady..

threaten to slap her around the face,  ....so low...

you want to beat up a woman and the kids to,....i don't believe you ...

or don't you have balls....

don't listen to players ,listen to you wife.........if you are bored.

Sometime: you buy stuff for your wife  ,and at first glance you like it ....but you will regret it........... later on.........(even when the batteries are down)

@admin> tip make :make disengaging a perk (the captain with the five rings without marines is disengaging to easy ,lets buy it herself........

greetings the schidzo

Edited by Thonys

I still think we should start with a hybrid fog of war map.  You map only shows the capitals of countries and maybe regions when you start.  Prob shows all your nation.  Than as you explore it begins to show all the other ports as you find them.  This will give folks a reason to do like an explore achievement in game and folks love quest and achievements.  Since it still shows the Capitals and Region capitals folks can still get around on the map the same as they do now.    

Also remember there is some odd time piece item reward listed in the new UI tutorial they have posted.  So maybe we will be getting some Map tools to play with.

I still think we need more in game navigation tools or just give ups our map cords to plot them.  They had these things back in this games time period so never understood other than to please the hard core guys that all used third party stuff any way to navigate was done.  Hell most of those players prob aren't even around any more.  We need to keep it simple to make it fun for folks that don't want a hard core sail sim game.  I spent a good half my life working offshore in one form or another (Navy and offshore oil and gas) and I can tell you I suck at navigation real life and in game (and I'm an eagle scout to boot).   Not as bad as letting the 2nd Lt in the Army try to find his way, but yah I'm not good at it.  Why should my Captains in game be bad at something I am RL?  And yes I call them Captians as I play this game as if I was a fleet commander since I have multi ships spread out all over the place.