Game-Labs Forum
Intrepido

Fun PVE for everyone?!

2 minutes ago, staun said:

Again you are wrong. You say the 300 would be split 1/2 on each server. My guess most of those that have a play time around 16-23 servertime would stay on the EU server. 

Lets say each plays around 3 h. That would mean there is around 700 different players  in total online. I would State with an EU server with a limited battle window, er would be caple of activate the to be more online at the same time. Hence numbers would go up and increase the posibility to make content.

EU server a fail. Well not a big one as global. The global players would get a fresh start. All ports for the taking, can make the clan name they want. A win win for all.

You fail to see that you make an assumption that a new primetime would lead to more players active at the same time. That is not the case as we already have those primetimes. Additionally your dreamed split would lead to players that don't play at primetimes to have less content and less players to find in OW. Right now a non-EU primetime player can go up the florida coast to farm PvP marks and a global non-primetime player can go to all other capitals to get content. Splitting servers is a loose loose for all.

In general the server merge was a good thing, just the worst game mechanics got digged up to make the game the least amount of fun for all sides.

7 minutes ago, staun said:

Again you are wrong. You say the 300 would be split 1/2 on each server. My guess most of those that have a play time around 16-23 servertime would stay on the EU server. 

Lets say each plays around 3 h. That would mean there is around 700 different players  in total online. I would State with an EU server with a limited battle window, we would be caple of activate them to be more online at the same time. Hence numbers would go up and increase the posibility to make content.

EU server a fail. Well not a big one as global. The global players would get a fresh start. All ports for the taking, can make the clan name they want. A win win for all.

Acutally on steamcharts (that records the total number of players logged in the game on steam in a given moment) it marks - for last days - some like about 500 players peak (counting both servers). If you count alts .... well ... its not encouraging.

Just now, Nelsons Barrel said:

You fail to see that you make an assumption that a new primetime would lead to more players active at the same time. That is not the case as we already have those primetimes. Additionally your dreamed split would lead to players that don't play at primetimes to have less content and less players to find in OW. Right now a non-EU primetime player can go up the florida coast to farm PvP marks and a global non-primetime player can go to all other capitals to get content. Splitting servers is a loose loose for all.

In general the server merge was a good thing, just the worst game mechanics got digged up to make the game the least amount of fun for all sides.

We dont have that prime time. Timers expand it. Imo it should be limited like 18-21 servertime.

Players that play outside allready have less content. The numbers outside primetime is the same for global as before. So they would have the same numbers to PvP against. The non prime just stay on the EU server.

The mechanic came because of the Merge. Fine you belive it is the best ever. I disagree. 

3 minutes ago, victor said:

Acutally on steamcharts (that records the total number of players logged in the game on steam in a given moment) it marks - for last days - some like about 500 players peak (counting both servers). If you count alts .... well ... its not encouraging.

Yep not good numbers. But we can continue down the road we are on or try to change it. I belive a split would be the best. Numbers is expected to go Down a bit in the summer.

Oh, how I detest PVE and all the problems that come with it.

Hey, @Otto Kohl, we should make a club or something called "the sane asylum".

On 6/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, jodgi said:

Oh, how I detest PVE and all the problems that come with it.

Hey, @Otto Kohl, we should make a club or something called "the sane asylum".

Since you regularly state that you never ever PVE and you wouldn't no matter what and that to you the only thing you do is PVP, why on earth do you copmplain or object to ANYTHING to do with PVE.  After all, it has zero effect on you, or are you like a politician..  only my view of the world is the real one and everyone else is wrong?

Here is an example of good PvE content

NPCs now have a small chance to sail 4-5 slot ships. 

Suggestions

- NPCs have a small chance to drop 1 Gold Mark.

- NPCs have a small chance to drop 1 Silver Mark

- NPCs have a small chance to drop treasure fleet location (visible only to you)

- NPCs have a small chance to drop rare loot that you can sell for gold or collect all and exchange for even better reward. @admin

Until then we will be picking bread crumbs...

Edited by Wind

9 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Since you regularly state that you never ever PVE and you wouldn't no matter what and that to you the only thing you do is PVP, why on earth do you copmplain or object to ANYTHING to do with PVE.  After all, it has zero effect on you, or are you like a politician..  only my view of the world is the real one and everyone else is wrong?

He does PvE as everyone else: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

After all, it has zero effect on you

It has a massive effect on everyone as the best books are pve exclusive.

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

are you like a politician..

Yes.