Game-Labs Forum

Fun PVP for everyone!

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Captain: Your task is to inflict as much damage as possible on the enemy players shipping in the designated areas of the Caribbean. Running is discouraged, preservation of your vessel is not important! Assigned ships Cerberus, Renomme, Surprise.
  • Goal: Inflict 5000 damage on enemy shipping in the area.
  • Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

The player will have to arrive to the designated area, damage enemy ships and probably sink as a result, but he will learn something. Of course due to 2.5x pvp xp bonuses he will be leveling up faster and such navy patrols will help him recover losses.

This feature will be further underlined by the fact that tutorial master exam will award the player with the M&C rank making him immediately useful + such missions will route him to the most fun activity in game. 

Very good idea but make sure the zone is big enough for people to dodge gank dread fleets... it's the same and only problem PvP event had. Solo players and noobs only feed 10+ gank fleets sometimes. Reward or not it isn't fun for them... make the zone large enough for people to choose their fight and at the same time not simply run out of the circle / zone to avoid giving rewards, when being hunted...

Edited by Landsman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

safe zones are not a problem. They are small compared to the map and those who want to stay in safe zones stay in safe zones and dont attack even if they have a numerical advantage.

I would disagree.. The problem is that ressources can be farmed inside the safezones effectively ruling out any way to do economic warfare against an opponent.

5 minutes ago, Landsman said:

Very good idea but make sure the zone is big enough for people to dodge gank dread fleets... it's the same and only problem PvP event had. Solo players and noobs only feed 10+ gank fleets sometimes. Reward or not is isn't fun for them... make the zone large enough for people to choose their fight and at the same time not simply run out of the circle / zone to avoid giving rewards, when being hunted...

Yeah, make the Zone big, make it the whole map! And make it endless! Just give pvp marks for damage done!   

32 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

I would disagree.. The problem is that ressources can be farmed inside the safezones effectively ruling out any way to do economic warfare against an opponent.

Hard lesson learnt
Everybody is excited about losing economic warfare against the opponent in a single player game.
Nobody is excited about losing economic warfare against the real players especially if they play in another time zone. 

To show you real example of economic warfare feature you will love but everyone else will hate. You raid Port royal - all assets in port royal are lost. 
You will be excited - but most players will leave the game.

• Like 7

The idea behind this is pretty good, but I just don't see how it can be implemented properly.  We do not have the population, spread in 11 stupid nations, to create a search and destroy type of mission in areas that are not basically KPR or La Tort area.  If we do centralize the missions in the KPR/La Tort area they will just become gank zones (even though they already are) and people will stop bothering because they don't like to fight 5v1.  

I think a better solution would be to introduce the PVP Event Zones, in random locations this time, and then have daily/weekly challenge type of quest players can pick up and complete.  Have a location around navasse, one in the gulf by esteros and el rancho/tumbado, one down by carta area and another outside Aves.  Have a shallow one in the old spot.  

Daily quest - Kill one player of any rate in the PVP Zone.  -  Reward a basic chest
Weekly quest - Kill 5 players in 5 different PVP zone events by weeks end. - Reward a better chest.
PVP Leaderboard - top 10 get an epic chest or something.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

Это просто костыль. У игры неправильный дизайн и его надо переделывать.

Обоснуи:

Сейчас:
- пве игрок в абсолютной безопасности и без малейшего риска может позволить себе все, что есть в этой игре.
любой крафт, полный док первых рейтов в дорогом фите, то что только за марки - купит. он "богат", у него везде национальный док,
ложил он болт на пвп и рвр. я в домике и у меня все есть, тикер мне ни к чему, на крайняк заведу твинка.
- пвп игроки убивают вагон времени на поездки по карте, накачки, договоренности с отцепами, сборы на ПБ за пару часиков, логистику и проч.
кроме фана (этого не отнять) не получают ничего.  док/крафт в захваченных ими портах для всех, профита ****, а потери компенсировать как-то надо.

Должно быть:
С точностью до наоборот. Люди, которые сумели сколотить боеспособные алли, занять и отстоять профитные территории купаются в золоте, их забота - нехватка боеспособных капитанов, а не перевозка ресурсов. пве игроки в сейф зонах перебиваются с хлеба на воду, тикера нет - нет дока нигде, где есть сколько-нибудь стоящие ресурсы задешево, за зоной все враги, фарм в зоне с К 0.1 , а привозимый с пвп-территорий вайт ок **** как дорог, на санту фармить полгода и потом над ней дрожать.
Пве игрок с завистью смотрит на высоченные борта первых рейтов, на которых игроки пвп-кланов приезжают в трейд хабы, сопровождая караваны торговцев, проживающих на территориях, которые они держат.

Зачем писал не знаю. Разговор со стеной. Говорящей о своем стеной:blink:

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Hard lesson learnt
Everybody is excited about losing economic warfare against the opponent in a single player game.
Nobody is excited about losing economic warfare against the real players especially if they play in another time zone. 

To show you real example of economic warfare feature you will love but everyone else will hate. You raid Port royal - all assets in port royal are lost. 

I think it is good as it is as long as you keep the best woods as far away from the capital zones as possible. This promotes trading and the economic warfare part but still allows people to build ships in the safezone, albeit not with the best stats...

All this is going to do is move the camping from safezones to free ports. You need to do more to encourage people to actually go out and look for ships. People will just sit outside the free port waiting for lone ships to come in.

For example, I (generic player) would pick a mission up at Aves, La Mona and La Tortue. I would then just keep popping out of out those 3 ports until I see someone to attack because why would I need to bother actually going out to look.

The way I see it is that all this will do is move the issue, not solve it

Edited by NethrosDefectus

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Yeah I am not too sure about this. From what it sounds like I would have to continuously have to go back to a port to get another "patrol" mission every time I sink a ship. I think the rewards are good but the whole mission idea is just going to be a hindrance and reduce PvP overall.

I wish it would act more like "daily reward" type stuff then having to get a mission.

So I am in agreement here, I like the idea...I think the execution of it though is not the right direction.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, admin said:

@adminWrong again. If you separate assets from Port Infrastructure (Fort quantity, tax, labor penalties after raid) it will work nicely. No need to go and touch player assets, just hit infrastructure a little and let them restore it. More things to do and more fun. But...Duh...no one wants to think here...

If enemy made my econ difficult(not impossible) like you have it now, I will try to prevent it next time. 

Make players deliver goods to restore forts, harbors, factories that were burnt down during raids. Few days of restoration work is fine before next possible attack every 7 days on the same port. 

Edited by H2O
  • Like 1

Would it not work better, if you were given the ship for the pvp "Naval Patrols" on taking the mission itself and not as one of the rewards for doing it. Then if you have not done the objective within "X" hours, the next time you enter a port the ship is removed. Ship perma upgrades/knowledge could be pre-set/fixed for the given ship.

Combine this with:

• You receive little to no rewards for using this ship outside of the Patrol area (for your example, La Mona) and unable to join other missions (combat/fleet/hostility).
  • Anyone sinking you outside the Patrol zone would get no rewards or very little.
  • make it so everyone can see your on a "patrol" ship. (just like when carrying a deadmans chest, everyone can see you are).

You could even then provide bonuses/counter missions to kill players on these "naval patrols".

This would do exactly what you want:

The goal is to remove gear fear from pvp and motivate fighting, not ship preservance. 

As well as provide the opportunity for more balanced fights. 

Rewarding a ship note for these missions removes a large portion of "customers" from the crafting/gathering market. 

so do it the other way round. 

"here's a free ship, go do pvp you got nothing to loose"(but with a few limits) and then if you want to do Port battles, true open world pvp... " go play the other parts of the game and gather what you need".

These misisons seem like a good soft entry point for new pvp players and even for people just looking for more pvp who cant afford to loose their ships on a regular basis due to limited time to play and this way it serves it purpose better without impacting the economy to much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trino said:

How do you recognize a Pro on pvp mission?

He will chain you to 20%, then dismast you. After that he destroys your bow, stern and side armor, grape you to 20 crew, shoots your structure down and wait until you repaired before he starts again. After that he sails away without killing you.

That sounds like an excellent way of doing it actually.

3 hours ago, Fenris said:

Because the idea didn`t work, why bringing her back.

What prevents players from bringing lineship fleets to the area where others get their frigate missions? This idea here will work worse than pvp event

Pvp event was fix, players knew when it was, where it was. Now the pvp missions will be different for everyone and chance of actually meeting someone will be significantly lower

But im happy to test and get proven wrong

1 minute ago, Liq said:

What prevents players from bringing lineship fleets to the area where others get their frigate missions? This idea here will work worse than pvp event

Pvp event was fix, players knew when it was, where it was. Now the pvp missions will be different for everyone and chance of actually meeting someone will be significantly lower

difference is that reward is tied to some kind of ships. Therefore my bet is that majority will bring this kind of ships to get the reward (and if its a daily mission) log off afterwards or get new missions and do it again. As long rewards while fulfiling the mission are bigger than bringing a sol to this location we will most of the time see the quest vessels.

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

difference is that reward is tied to some kind of ships. Therefore my bet is that majority will bring this kind of ships to get the reward (and if its a daily mission) log off afterwards or get new missions and do it again. As long rewards while fulfiling the mission are bigger than bringing a sol to this location we will most of the time see the quest vessels.

5 pvp marks for 5000 damage in the ship or 10 pvp marks  for the kill in any ship, guess what people choose ^^

7 minutes ago, Liq said:

5 pvp marks for 5000 damage in the ship or 10 pvp marks  for the kill in any ship, guess what people choose ^^

so we will see noobs bring quest ships and vets waiting with meta ships ;-) sound like the standard NA game experience. Like i said after all iam thankfull that game labs still believe in us but we are not worth any trust we get by them. We will turn this fun mechanic into a pain mechanic.

Edited by z4ys

3 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe its time to reduce the rewards for ganking?

Like if you bring more than 2x of the enemy BR you only get half the exp, gold and marks (except for 1v1).

Look at battle results thread and tell me that here is an issue of superior numbers countering smaller groups. There is already as discrepency between skill that is hard to counter even with superior numbers. Reduce repair times further please. Reduce sealclubbing.

5 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We already announced the changes that will improve the hostility missions and victory mark distribution in game, giving everyone equal footing. Individual port ownership will grant you victory marks and even owning one port will make your conquest efforts count. You will no longer be limited by your nation capabilities and your small clan can influence the conquest, and get rewarded even if you are the only clan in your nation.

Now it is time to improve pvp itself.

In one patch a new type of mission will be added to the game. This mission will completely change the mechanics and motivation behind progression and will route the player to one of the most fun and varied activity in the game.

PvP missions will reward player based on the damage he was able to inflict on enemy shipping. PvP missions will reward the player with ships, repairs and small amount of pvp marks. The goal is to remove gear fear from pvp and motivate fighting, not ship preservance. 

Example of the mission for the light frigates

La Mona Naval Patrol

• Captain: Your task is to inflict as much damage as possible on the enemy players shipping in the designated areas of the Caribbean. Running is discouraged, preservation of your vessel is not important! Assigned ships Cerberus, Renomme, Surprise.
  • Goal: Inflict 5000 damage on enemy shipping in the area.
  • Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

The player will have to arrive to the designated area, damage enemy ships and probably sink as a result, but he will learn something. Of course due to 2.5x pvp xp bonuses he will be leveling up faster and such navy patrols will help him recover losses.

This feature will be further underlined by the fact that tutorial master exam will award the player with the M&C rank making him immediately useful + such missions will route him to the most fun activity in game. 

Discuss. 

Finally some PvP incentive. If you find a way to link success of such a mission (or eg. a more advanced one) to RvR or economy, it can be a great way to fix the main issue of this game, which is:

As a PvP player I want to be able to start a meaningful PvP action with my friends within 30-45 minutes of logging in.

If you find a way to solve this, I think this game can become a huge hit - as last patches and upcoming UI patch will fix almost all other issues.

You could even eg. link missions, so that two groups get a mission of operating in a given area at the same time, having contradictory goals.

38 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Look at battle results thread and tell me that here is an issue of superior numbers countering smaller groups.

If you would do some OW PvP you would know that it is an issue. The only way to die when you have 3x BR is if you get isolated and the enemy can kill you in one rotation or if you dont have any repairs. These are absolute beginner mistakes and happen to people who have 3k hours in this game. It happens because they never learned to fight.

Why are they not learning? 

1. PvE makes you bad. You get bad habits, you can penetrate PvE ships at angles where you cannot penetrate normal ships from real players.

2. They only do this "coastguard" thing. Playing against coordinated PvP players with a random group where you cant rely on anyone (yesterday we had a fight where the enemy fireship won us the fight).

So this changes maybe puts them up against other normal players, where they get into small even fights. They will learn fast and kill anyone when they have 2x BR.

49 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Reduce repair times further please.

Increase you mean hopefully? Yes I hope so too, Im still a fan of 1 rep each and thats it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Like if you bring more than 2x of the enemy BR you only get half the exp, gold and marks (except for 1v1).

This would be great if it was joined with PvP rank. Eg. for Liquicity or Dron you should be able to bring 5x their BR to have an even fight, while eg. for MrCuteSeal you should get full rewards only if you bring 1.5x BR.

This would really incentivise fun fights, without harming good players by making people not want to fight them (since once you bring enough BR to kill them, you don't get any rewards). This could be a holy grail of PvP :P

Edited by vazco

Even if the gains are marginal, I rather make sure I win and bring the numbers for a 0.1x rewards, rather than the toss the 1.0x coin for a "not-so-sure-if-we-win" situation.

In a general sense that is. Sense of security - sure win - will always beat the challenge for supreme reward.

Hence we stand where we stand today :) 

1 hour ago, Liq said:

That's true. It would work if everyone would get missions in the same spot, or eg. if it was varied based on your rank etc. If one player gets a mission to go to port A within eg. 30 minutes, and three other players get a mission to scout and sink ships in this area, it suddenly starts to get interesting (provided noone can teleport).

This could be mixed with eg. delivery missions, "kill bot" missions similar to hostility battle etc. There are multiple ways to get players in one place and do this in an immersive way.

My main issue with PvP event was that it was not immersive and very artificial. It was also limited to the given time, not available for everyone at any time.