Game-Labs Forum
SKurj

Shipwrecks... seem to be pointless now...

1 minute ago, Spitfire83 said:

So I was at home but to busy to actively play naval action so I left a lgv fishing 160 days at sea 1 bottle and that was after  I put lgv away and went to move some gear in a trader brig lol yea it's defo a bit excessive to wait so long between bottles...imo

I heard the reward is amazing now but I wouldn't know because I haven't caught a bottle in my last 100 or so hours of game time. I guess if you don't have the fishing perk your odds of ever finding a bottle is once every other October, if you're an active sailor. 

9 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

I heard the reward is amazing now but I wouldn't know because I haven't caught a bottle in my last 100 or so hours of game time. I guess if you don't have the fishing perk your odds of ever finding a bottle is once every other October, if you're an active sailor. 

No, not that amazing, most of the time stuff not worth a million. It's just random, sometimes you get multiple, sometimes none for days. 

I believe I've seen @Ink saying book drops in bottles are completely random. But are some books never in bottles? Are some books exclusive to epics?

I haven't done a single epic so I have no idea, but there are people here who have fished up a lot of bottles in addition to doing epics with their friends; What are your observations?

I also think I've seen it stated that bigger OW bots may drop better loot than smaller bots (3rd rates and up?), can anyone confirm?

Just trying to know the best method of finally getting my hands on the two "art of..." sub books...

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

I believe I've seen @Ink saying book drops in bottles are completely random. But are some books never in bottles? Are some books exclusive to epics?

I haven't done a single epic so I have no idea, but there are people here who have fished up a lot of bottles in addition to doing epics with their friends; What are your observations?

I also think I've seen it stated that bigger OW bots may drop better loot than smaller bots (3rd rates and up?), can anyone confirm?

Just trying to know the best method of finally getting my hands on the two "art of..." sub books...

The loot drop tables from the API do confirm that some books are never in bottles. No books are exclusive to epics. Even the very rare books will drop from non-trader, open world AI of any rate. But some mods and books seem to have higher drop rates for higher rated ships, or in some cases with rank-specific mods (Planking 1-3, Barricades 1-3, etc.) those are only available from sinking/capping ships of that class.

• Like 2

We need new bottle types

• Ones that provide an Epic Mission (Solo or Group)
  • Ones that provide a supply fleet to attack. Think of 2-3 trade-ships and a few warships defending. (Solo or Group)
  • Normal shipwrecks (what we have now)
  • Rescue bottles (rescue "crew" and deliver them to a designated port... could be any nation...) 
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 4:19 AM, Slim McSauce said:

Fishing perk does nothing for the bottles