Game-Labs Forum
SKurj

Shipwrecks... seem to be pointless now...

I think you can... I don't know what the end result will be if it will either reject you (and you get nothing)  because you don't have enough room or you will just get some of the stuff....

no, it's all or nothing. if you don't have the cargoroom, you can't pick up (anything from) the loot from the wreck.

20 hours ago, Eyesore said:

no, it's all or nothing. if you don't have the cargoroom, you can't pick up (anything from) the loot from the wreck.

Well then.  On to the next bottle.  Seems to be a bit odd these would be weighted so as to require an Indiaman.

I hope this isn't common since they appear to be getting dropped a good deal further away then they used to be.

30 minutes ago, Marcus Corvus said:

Well then.  On to the next bottle.  Seems to be a bit odd these would be weighted so as to require an Indiaman.

I hope this isn't common since they appear to be getting dropped a good deal further away then they used to be.

I have not seen a change in the distance though I haven't opened any in the last couple days.  And the difference in OW speed between a india and a tbrig isn't going to be that painful when the bottles are usually between 100-150k from opening location.

I just want the ability to choose which part of the loot to take.  (perhaps leaving the rest of the shipwreck loot for other players to find)  Then we wouldn't even need to do it in a trader and could pick them up on the way to do other things. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

1 hour ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I just want the ability to choose which part of the loot to take.  (perhaps leaving the rest of the shipwreck loot for other players to find)  Then we wouldn't even need to do it in a trader and could pick them up on the way to do other things. 

But that's the idea isnt it? So you have to take the risk

• Like 1

What if you bring a fleet of shallow water ships? Can you pick up a 2k load with 4x lynxes? If so I'd consider it not an issue. Although making us able to pull whatever loot we want out of the wreck without taking it all would be an improvement.

• Like 1

Imagine the activity you could have if you could just loot some of the shipwreck and then when you leave it it makes the shipwreck visible to everyone else on the server!

You would have mad dashes to the location. You could also then start using shipwrecks as traps to lure players into an ambush. That could get really interesting. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SKurj said:

I have not seen a change in the distance though I haven't opened any in the last couple days.  And the difference in OW speed between a india and a tbrig isn't going to be that painful when the bottles are usually between 100-150k from opening location.

My problem isn't the distance.  The Indiaman requires craft level 25 which is some distance above where I'm at.  And when they come up for sale (in Charleston) it is at exorbitant prices.  One is up now at 2 Milllion.  My little start-up operation doesn't have anywhere near the cash flow required to pay that.  It is also presumably a good deal more than the bottle could possibly be worth. 

I don't have the crafting recipe so I can't do a cost analysis but I am also guessing the I-man might be rather overpriced.

So, on to the next bottle.

43 minutes ago, Marcus Corvus said:

My problem isn't the distance.  The Indiaman requires craft level 25 which is some distance above where I'm at.  And when they come up for sale (in Charleston) it is at exorbitant prices.  One is up now at 2 Milllion.  My little start-up operation doesn't have anywhere near the cash flow required to pay that.  It is also presumably a good deal more than the bottle could possibly be worth. 

I don't have the crafting recipe so I can't do a cost analysis but I am also guessing the I-man might be rather overpriced.

So, on to the next bottle.

Where you been hiding?  Some bottles these days are worth 10mil+  even the worst are worth an indiaman

31 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Where you been hiding?  Some bottles these days are worth 10mil+  even the worst are worth an indiaman

Haven't seen one worth that much yet.  Did the math on a Charleston sale of all the contents.  It was a haul, but still below the cost of that Indiaman.

I've already gotten into the next bottle but now you've got me drooling.

Hey, here's another question.  Are the bottle wrecks visible to anybody but the opener, particularly after exploring them?  I could sell a position fix with a list of the contents in the chat for anything too big to pick up.

8 hours ago, Marcus Corvus said:

Haven't seen one worth that much yet.  Did the math on a Charleston sale of all the contents.  It was a haul, but still below the cost of that Indiaman.

I've already gotten into the next bottle but now you've got me drooling.

Hey, here's another question.  Are the bottle wrecks visible to anybody but the opener, particularly after exploring them?  I could sell a position fix with a list of the contents in the chat for anything too big to pick up.

Ok the contents themselves taken as is are always in the following format:

1 - book for an elite refit

25 - items which enable you to make 5 refits - tho you may have to add gold coins or plants whatever

2 items, that are either labour hours/coins and 1 of an item such as textile machinery  $$ items

That first item for most refits will sell for 1 mil+ some will be worth multiple, those 25 items, assembled into refits will sell for at least a few hundred K each.  The prices are assembvled into refits:

25 carta tar = 10 mil+

500 copper ingots 10 mil+ 

25 gjietrt whatever 4 mil+

25 barbary canvas.. ok this one isn't worth alot these days, but it could still get you over 1mil if sold as assembled refits

25 spanish square at least 2-3 mil

25 royal navy grads - 1 mil +

25 french sail cloth - 2 mil+ 

25 crooked logs - 5 x 400k+ for assembled 

and so on, likely barbary or maybe the diplome are the least valuable and still 1 mil + when you include the rest of what you looted.  

Interesting.  Need to work on getting that I-man.  The only thing on the list that I remember seeing in heavy one was the Gjietrt.  What is that by the way, and what is it used for?

55 minutes ago, Marcus Corvus said:

Interesting.  Need to work on getting that I-man.  The only thing on the list that I remember seeing in heavy one was the Gjietrt.  What is that by the way, and what is it used for?

Go to Admiralty in port (Or Den if you are pirate) and look through the module section at all the different blueprints and what you can make, and then go to upgrade section in shop at a free town or capital.

Edited by SKurj

On 3/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, Marcus Corvus said:

It is used to make the Bovenwinds refit. 

what if we drop this sealed bottles and just add shipwreck on random places around the map so players will sail around in hope of finding a wreck

• Like 2

you dont have to drop the bottles.

Place ship wrecks randomly on maps, like Lovec said.

On ‎08‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 12:18 PM, Lovec1990 said:

what if we drop this sealed bottles and just add shipwreck on random places around the map so players will sail around in hope of finding a wreck

Now you have two possibilitys, go out and searching random for wrecks or fish a bottle and get the exact position of it..

100 days at sea, got one sealed bottle; droprate is a little low dont you think?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Liq said:

100 days at sea, got one sealed bottle; droprate is a little low dont you think?

According to my *cough* testing it's guesstimated to around 60 days at sea. Think along the lines of a drop on average each 12 real hours spent at sea.

Hey! Don't look at me like that! I'm trying to be a good sandboxer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liq said:

43 minutes ago, jodgi said:

According to my *cough* testing it's guesstimated to around 60 days at sea. Think along the lines of a drop on average each 12 real hours spent at sea.

Hey! Don't look at me like that! I'm trying to be a good sandboxer.

I think it was a bad move by them to nerf bottle droprate. It was very good since it rewarded being in the OW ( even if someone is afk fishing with 5 alt accounts, his ships are in the OW open to attacks ) and gave more people access to the better upgrades.

More good upgrades available = more even playing field and less fear of losing upgrades = more ships in OW / PvP = more content = more players = more money = more content = even more players = even more money etc.

The only people that like super rare upgrades are the hardcore powergamers and these people won't quit anyways, if they are still playing. We need more average joe / casuals to raise server population and fill the huge map.

Also we have super rare ships now and ships should be the expensive asset - not upgrades. Aren't rare expensive ships enough?

• Like 1

So I was at home but to busy to actively play naval action so I left a lgv fishing 160 days at sea 1 bottle and that was after  I put lgv away and went to move some gear in a trader brig lol yea it's defo a bit excessive to wait so long between bottles...imo