Game-Labs Forum
SKurj

Shipwrecks... seem to be pointless now...

I've done perhaps 8-10 sealed bottles of late, apart from a few gold coins the only other thing of value has been a few labor contracts(4).  The vast majority have been primarily rum silver coins and tobacco, not worth the time it took to sail the 200k (round trip)

• Like 3

My bet is they're turned into OW encounters that you just come across by chance like Epic Events.

It would make sense, they'd act as the "mining" tool for NA. Ya know how a lot of game has you go out looking for resources, NA has you go out looking for shipwrecks.

22 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

just save them, they will be upgraded any time soon i hope

Thats what I was doing till they wiped them in the server merge, lost a load of bottles.

i've had things like old flag officer from them before but that was before xmas..  oh and did get parisiene furniture once too but again, long ago.

2 hours ago, SKurj said:

i've had things like old flag officer from them before but that was before xmas..  oh and did get parisiene furniture once too but again, long ago.

I got an Old Flag Officer from one about 2-3 weeks back, and stuff like 5x cartagena tar and 5x sail cloths in some.  I hate the ones the ones with heavy stuff like parisian furniture, because then I have to go back to port and get an LGV. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

3 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I got an Old Flag Officer from one about 2-3 weeks back, and stuff like cartagena and sail cloths in some.  I hate the ones the ones with heavy stuff like parisian furniture, because then I have to go back to port and get an LGV. 

I only use tbrigs to loot them for that reason, i haven't had carta or anything like it since xmas time

3 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I only use tbrigs to loot them for that reason, i haven't had carta or anything like it since xmas time

Usually a lynx or t-lynx is enough, so I always try with one first. Make sure you "use" that Sealed Bottle at a quiet friendly port.  :D

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

i have one wreck on my map , i  don't even bother to pic it up..for me it seems only tobacco and bad  rum 

i can buy rum and tobacco  in the shop  

i should have sold the bottle in the tavern....

i would go for the manifest or upgrades or books , pood guns, dutch guns, swivel guns ,maps or  other things i need ...

23ad4d15ce664a13624c1de74d3c3ae3_flash.j

now it is a ship with the black dead and many rats 

Edited by Thonys

I agree that the loot obtained from sealed bottle wrecks is pretty underwhelming, (I think I recall a single Old Flag Officer and one Parisian Furniture) admittedly I haven't been actively going out to the wrecks for maybe four months or so. Instead I tend to open the bottle and leave the wreck there assuming I'll be passing nearby at some point, usually in a combat ship so I dump the rest and take the labour contracts (if any).

I propose that the potential loot or chance of good loot not just be increased, but to alter the system a bit more than that.

Make the loot slightly better/increase chance of better loot BUT offset that higher reward chance by using a system similar to the sunken fleet whereby a chest i given that can only be opened in port and you could even have the same notification on the player card that the player has a chest. Obviously the rewards should be lower than that of the Sunken fleet chests

Perhaps a 20% chance of ship paints would be good

Edited by NethrosDefectus

7 hours ago, SKurj said:

haha, as of today i think the pendulum swung a little too far...

I'm just mad I've already used all mine and have little hope of getting more before they correct it.

3 hours ago, BPHick said:

I'm just mad I've already used all mine and have little hope of getting more before they correct it.

don't be, likely the only change will be reduction in weight of marks...  wrecks are too heavy to loot now.. only one i visited today was close to 6k...

Edited by SKurj

8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

don't be, likely the only change will be reduction in weight of marks...  wrecks are too heavy to loot now.. only one i visited today was close to 6k...

WTF!  I thought parisian furniture and textile machinery was bad! 

Ok looks like the marks were removed from the loot.

Only bottle I have looted today:

8 labor contracts

500 copper ingots

Expert Carpentry Book

Sussex oak

Easily 10 mil...  

Perhaps a bit much :)

Edited by SKurj

And an ignorant question about the heavy stuff.

Can I pick up an overweight sealed bottle haul with a fleet or do I need a bigger ship?  Found a drop at 2375 which is more than I can get in my T-Brig.  I am a long ways off from being able to get an Indiaman.

No you need a bigger single ship, 2375 is going to need an indiaman.  Thats too big for an lgv with hold optimization.

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

No you need a bigger single ship, 2375 is going to need an indiaman.  Thats too big for an lgv with hold optimization.

Can I do  partial pickup and leave something behind?  An Indiaman looks to me like a big floating target.  In any case even I am not even close to the craft level I need to build one.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
typo

3 hours ago, SKurj said:

no..

You get one chance to collect and thats it

To clarify what I meant, can I do a partial pickup and simply abandon the rest?  I'm only expecting one shot at the pickup.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
clarification