Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 18: BR and Smuggler fix

11 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Remember, only 13 players are needed to pull 25 PB players into battle. Clear advantage for big nations.

1. On one hand: Numbers matter, yes! But that’s how things have been ever since. If you don’t have the numbers get yourself some allies!

2. On the other hand: If you needed an equal BR or number of ships to attack an opposing fleet, it would grant highly populated nations an (even bigger) advantage!

Thus the new system could even be seen as an improvement for smaller factions: Now they are able to screen thier ports against attacking fleets superior in numbers / BR.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

39 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

(where is gunboat buff)

I want a gunboat that can be launched from my Bellona! :lol:

• Like 1

@admin

Hey devs,

you promised to buff the upwind sailing capability of the Victory some time ago.

Although it wasn't that much of a buff you kept your promise and enhanced the sailing profile in patch 17.

With this patch though, it looks like you nerfed the Vics upwind sailing capabilities again:

https://sites.google.com/view/speedtrials/lineships

Why?

9 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

1. On one hand: Numbers matter, yes! But that’s how things have been ever since. If you don’t have the numbers get yourself some allies!

2. On the other hand: If you needed an equal BR or number of ships to attack an opposing fleet, it would grant highly populated nations an (even bigger) advantage!

Thus the new system could even be seen as an improvement for smaller factions: Now they are able to screen thier ports against attacking fleets superior in numbers / BR.

Don't agree. Also the screeners of a small nation can be pulled in battle by much less ships. Small nations will lose screening much easier now.

It's the end of the impossible nations. Devs should be consequent and remove them before forged papers lose their value. Otherwise they are a trap one can escape only by paying money. Best would be to remove Danemark-Norge and Sweden as well. If size shall matter now, game mechanic should force players into 4 big nations to test it.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

On 2/24/2018 at 4:00 AM, Graf Bernadotte said:

Don't agree. Also the screeners of a small nation can be pulled in battle by much less ships. Small nations will lose screening much easier now.

It's the end of the impossible nations. Devs should be consequent and remove them before forged papers lose their value. Otherwise they are a trap one can escape only by paying money. Best would be to remove Danemark-Norge and Sweden as well. If size shall matter now, game mechanic should force players into 4 big nations to test it.

As a Prussian player, I do not agree with you simply because we have accomplished things that others said could not be done. Just because screening might be a little more easier now, doesn't mean that our entire nation is doomed. I doubt attacking will be much harder since we are always outnumbered 50 to 1 anyways :P 

On 24.02.2018 at 11:27 AM, Navalus Magnus said:

@admin

Hey devs,

you promised to buff the upwind sailing capability of the Victory some time ago.

Although it wasn't that much of a buff you kept your promise and enhanced the sailing profile in patch 17.

With this patch though, it looks like you nerfed the Vics upwind sailing capabilities again:

https://sites.google.com/view/speedtrials/lineships

Why?

victory has a better sailing profile compared to ocean and santisima (to our data)

2 minutes ago, admin said:

victory has a better sailing profile compared to ocean and santisima (to our data)

to be fair I think ships are really really well balanced but I have a question and I really want an answer please. You mentioned a year ago maybe you might do a kickstarter for the connies model. Are there any plans to update it to your later in game model standards? 

• Like 3

On 23.2.2018 at 10:45 AM, admin said:

Remember that tutorial final exam will grant players M&C rank.  So new player who thinks that he made a wrong choice when starting a game can just delete a character, pass a tutorial and get m&c rank back, by just passing the exam again.
Prolific forger DLC is not for them, its for players who cannot commit and change nations 5-6 times a year or more. 

Smell to farm things that you will get, when you pass the exams. If I do only the exams and getting cerberus, hull, rig repairs, rum, books and sell it or transfer to friends or alts, to get be rich, how you will deal with it? 

Sincerely 

1 hour ago, admin said:

On the mentioned website (which claims to use your data) it looks like the Vic is the best overall sailor of the 1st rates.

... but isn‘t the Vic slower than the Santi on bearings closer than 60 degrees to the wind?

Edited by Navalus Magnus

On 2/23/2018 at 7:52 PM, jodgi said:

You evaded to answer because you're only hot air?

the guy you talked to was wind /ned low/ - multiple other aliases - hope it clears it ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

On the mentioned website (which claims to use your data) it looks like the Vic is the best overall sailor of the 1st rates.

... but isn‘t the Vic slower than the Santi on bearings closer than 60 degrees to the wind?

let me know the specific of the mistake we will fix it.. victory should be the fastest 1st rate closed haul and closer to wind

On 2/23/2018 at 7:42 PM, Liq said:

Not planning to change nation any time soon, but glad you added it. thumps up

7zgQRrg.jpg

thanks liq - thanks everyone dlc buyers and game buyers alike  for support  !!!

On 2/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, Fenris said:

Thanks. What about Nassau? Is that on purpose having 2850 BR?

no purpose - theoretically it can be most profitable port in the caribbean - thus the BR

but i agree its too high. - i always forget to fix it. Will put the reminder.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, admin said:

the guy you talked to was wind /ned low/ - multiple other aliases - hope it clears it ;)

Lol, ya, that adds up.

To get the prolific forger you have to search for it in the store (or you get "There is no downloadable content for this game" message).dlc.jpg.50936d03c56a371b70b384c2e2021089.jpg

Edited by PG Monkey

7 minutes ago, admin said:

thanks liq - thanks everyone dlc buyers and game buyers alike  for support  !!!

Ill buy it when I get the answer for the connie model kickstarted :P 

8 hours ago, PG Monkey said:

To get the prolific forger you have to search for it in the store (or you get "There is no downloadable content for this game" message).dlc.jpg.50936d03c56a371b70b384c2e2021089.jpg

It probably has to do with NA still being in early access. But that's only my guess.

37 minutes ago, Sella22 said:

It probably has to do with NA still being in early access. But that's only my guess.

Nah, back when Ark was still in early access it had DLC listed on their store page with their Scorched Earth DLC.

On 25.2.2018 at 7:39 PM, Capn Rocko said:

As a Prussian player, I do not agree with you simply because we have accomplished things that others said could not be done. Just because screening might be a little more easier now, doesn't mean that our entire nation is doomed. I doubt attacking will be much harder since we are always outnumbered 50 to 1 anyways :P 

50 to 1 is a bullshit argument. There is no nation on server which can bring 300 or more screeners in front of a port. And if they are able to bring 50, you wouldn't be able to win the PB anyway with only one player attacking. :P 

Russia managed twice to get into a PB by sticking together all screeners and PB players in one big battle group against an almost equal screening fleet, which didn't have the battle rating to drag us in. With the new BR ratio we would not have entered those PBs. With the old BR ratio defender was forced to bring three times the BR of the attacker, since they have to split their forces to be prepared that the attacker enters from all sides possible. Now 1,5 BR rating is enough to cover a port.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

8 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

50 to 1 is a bullshit argument. There is no nation on server which can bring 300 or more screeners in front of a port. And if they are able to bring 50, you wouldn't be able to win the PB anyway with only one player attacking. :P 

50 to 1 is an exaggeration. But we did get our full PB fleet into Cayo Biscanyo with (literally) 50+ screeners outside... the US were too dumb to expect us to come from south :D Too bad we lost that PB due to game mechanics :( (won majority of points but failed to hit 1k)

I don't really care what Russia did and didn't do, because they took the coward's way out and jumped ship the minute the rules changed out of their favor. The small nations are supposed to be "impossible" difficulty and the rules now reflect that difficulty better. I (for one) am very happy about the BR change because the previous system discouraged solo hunting in 5-6th rates (BR difference). We are a PvP nation first and RvR second and we know how to manage our expectations and not get salty over rule changes. Have fun hiding out at Charleston :P