Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 18: BR and Smuggler fix

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

That means more rogues and traitors will stay in your nation :)

Well they can’t shoot at me regardless, so tallyho! I’ll use them as cannon fodder 

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Well they can’t shoot at me regardless, so tallyho! I’ll use them as cannon fodder 

Usually people in your own nation can cause more trouble than enemies ;) Enemies I can kill at least...

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Usually people in your own nation can cause more trouble than enemies ;)

Oh, I am aware, after dealing with the worst however, we have our unique ways of dealing with them :D

What are the developers thinking?

I bought this game because the description said it was a 'historically accurate' game. The past few updates have have done nothing but make it more and more casual, which is eroding the charm that the game has.

The game is a huge grind-a-thon and nothing has been done to fix that. When faced with constant grinding, the game can easily become boring. We don't need BR or PB reworks - focus on combat, focus on AI and focus on making the game less of a grind.

Oh, and Prolific Forger is just a blatant cash grab, no matter how much you dress it up. Among the myriad of issues to still address, DLC in an Early Access game is Simply something that should not be. If anything, it has only confirmed my fears that this game will turn into Pay-to-Win bullshit once it leaves Early Access.

You have a niche audience for this game - you can't afford to lose them.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sometimes you need 60 players to attack (15 in PB, 45 screeners), but only 15 to defend.  

Screeners should fight screeners, PB fleets should fight PB fleet.  

Yah that is my biggest issue with port battles and them saying, "We lower the BR to give smaller clans/nations a chance."  Uh no they still have to fight through a ton of screeners if all they can field is the PB fleet they may never make it to the port battle.  Any nation can screen another nation out of a port battle even if it's not a port they own.   This would be a very tricky mechanic to work around without doing something like Lobbies for port battles which I don't wan't.

41 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Please do read carefully everything before posting with such haste.

The DLC item grants the player the opportunity to change nation every 30 days. There's no limit of uses, it is a one time buy, use as many times as needed/want. It is a comfort item, not a necessity.

Any player that is certain of what their place is in the game sees no need to change nation will not consider it. @sveno comes to mind. Adamant eternal captain of the Swedish Krown.

Hope it serves to clear some of your doubts.

I prob will put it on at least one char.  Now if they will just come out with a name change token or something. I have one char I use to like flipping around names and nations on just to try new things.  When I switched nations with him I would make a Nation name that was proper for that nation.  Since the wipe we really can't do that unless you delete the char.

forgot to add a teaser from new UI

result screen from passing of the hard master & commander exam.

f57sWHR.jpg

• Like 21

Just now, admin said:

NAVAL CLOCK. WHAT IS THE NAVAL CLOCK?!

WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE UI TIMEPIECE THAT WAS SHOWN ON THE FIRST SNEAK PEAK?

ANSWERS REEEEEE

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, admin said:

0JPPv6R.jpg

I hate to be that guy but it's "received" and not "recieved". :P 

Also it seems that there are some grammar mistakes in the descritpion of the DLC's Steam page. Proper grammar matters to people in these situations (or at least to me and i am not a native English speaker). 

Regardless, the art style is lovely.

Edited by Sella22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sailor19 said:

I bought this game because the description said it was a 'historically accurate' game. The past few updates have have done nothing but make it more and more casual, which is eroding the charm that the game has.

which are? Provide the list of specifics fixes that made it more and more casual for you
List of 5 things will be enough.

1 hour ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

NAVAL CLOCK. WHAT IS THE NAVAL CLOCK?!

WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE UI TIMEPIECE THAT WAS SHOWN ON THE FIRST SNEAK PEAK?

ANSWERS REEEEEE

"It's a CLOCK, Lara. *audible eyeroll* It ticks, it tells time... It's wrong."

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey

Not planning to change nation any time soon, but glad you added it. thumps up

7zgQRrg.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Please do read carefully everything before posting with such haste.

The DLC item grants the player the opportunity to change nation every 30 days. There's no limit of uses, it is a one time buy, use as many times as needed/want. It is a comfort item, not a necessity.

Any player that is certain of what their place is in the game sees no need to change nation will not consider it. @sveno comes to mind. Adamant eternal captain of the Swedish Krown.

Hope it serves to clear some of your doubts.

$10 max, forget about $20. No matter if it has infinite uses. More and more I realize that NA project is just a rip off. So much promised stuff got removed and now we have to pay $20 to switch nations? No way. 

Edited by H2O

1 hour ago, Sella22 said:

I hate to be that guy but it's "received" and not "recieved". :P 

Also it seems that there are some grammar mistakes in the descritpion of the DLC's Steam page. Proper grammar matters to people in these situations (or at least to me and i am not a native English speaker). 

Regardless, the art style is lovely.

Not only grammar that makes bad impression here. Money is in the details... 

Edited by H2O

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

So much promised stuff got removed

You evaded to answer because you're only hot air?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

$10 max, forget about $20. No matter if it has infinite uses. More and more I realize that NA project is just a rip off. So much promised stuff got removed and now we have to pay $20 to switch nations? No way. 

Can I have your stuff?!

• Like 2

Captains, 

Treasure island port battle BR limits:

• North Inlet - deep water - 2570
  • Kidd's Harbour - deep water - 2520
  • Rum Cove - shallow - 1110

17 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, 

Treasure island port battle BR limits:

• North Inlet - deep water - 2570
  • Kidd's Harbour - deep water - 2520
  • Rum Cove - shallow - 1110

Thanks. What about Nassau? Is that on purpose having 2850 BR?

6 hours ago, Sailor19 said:

Oh, and Prolific Forger is just a blatant cash grab, no matter how much you dress it up. Among the myriad of issues to still address, DLC in an Early Access game is Simply something that should not be. If anything, it has only confirmed my fears that this game will turn into Pay-to-Win bullshit once it leaves Early Access.

hahahahha ... now if prolific forger was a one time use item mebbe...