Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 18: BR and Smuggler fix

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, admin said:

Your favoritism comment is incorrect, the valid proposal to allow smaller ships/fleets to attack larger ships/ fleets was initiated by @Banished Privateer who is definitely not our fan (was even banned multiple times, in game and on the forums). His proposal was good though, i liked it. He sails for one of the smallest nations on the server.

The new 10/10/10 hostility mission system that will come to live servers soon and will help to balance port battle generation even more, giving more options to defend for smaller nations.

I was talking about attacking. You don't have to defend what you couldn't attack successfully before. 

 

19 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Sometimes you need 60 players to attack (15 in PB, 45 screeners), but only 15 to defend.  

Screeners should fight screeners, PB fleets should fight PB fleet.  

Wrong. As attacker you need zero screeners if the defender is a small nation without screening. Now the attacker needs much more screeners than the defender to enter the PB, since the defender not only has immediate entry into PB but also the possibility to screen out a full PB fleet with a small number of players. Remember, only 13 players are needed to pull 25 PB players into battle. Clear advantage for big nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I was talking about attacking. You don't have to defend what you couldn't attack successfully before. 

Sometimes you need 60 players to attack (15 in PB, 45 screeners), but only 15 to defend.  

Screeners should fight screeners, PB fleets should fight PB fleet.  

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Most shallow ports are similar indeed, i think we should probably cut BR limits for some of them to allow smaller size battles shallow water ports (more variety).
 

i would certainly enjoy some micro BR pbs for small clans to do alone. 800 br max woulf be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Never Surrender said:

So to expierience the whole game its currently 56,99€ in total. But I get it. If you are a hardcore player you pay anyway, you already bought alts. If you only play casual some PVE it doesnt matter how the RVR situation for your nation is as you dont leave capital area anyway and therefore you will not buy the forged papers. So I am fine with it.

Or you can delete your character and start a new one in an other nation like its in most other mmo games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flinch said:

i would certainly enjoy some micro BR pbs for small clans to do alone. 800 br max woulf be cool. 

I disagree.

In fact the high number of all 2500BR ports is a bit too much.

 

I wanted different ships on ports, but not so many ports defended by only 6 guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I disagree.

In fact the high number of all 2500BR ports is a bit too much.

 

I wanted different ships on ports, but not so many ports defended by only 6 guys.

Yah 2400/25000 is only like 6-7 guys so it's a pretty small fleet unless your talking about shallows.   That is why some small elite clans do so well in that range of port battles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin Is there a list of the BR's for ships change?  Or can one of you API wizards post up a new updated list?

 

Yes there is , look at page 2 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Christoph said:

on steam:

Redeemables clearance will start on 15th of march.
If you want to get ships, items, cannons, mast upgrades, XP for ship slots (merged from Global PVP) and forged papers you have to login and redeem them BEFORE 15 March 2018

But you cant redeem forged papers for later use - you can only use them there and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, amplify said:

ah thanks christoph this wasn't mentioned in the message that's why i asked

 

But you cant redeem forged papers for later use - you can only use them there and then (I refer to the ones we currently have as 'redeemables' not the DLC)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ship Battle Rating
Santisima 605
L'Ocean 580
Victory 515
Bucentaure 450
St. Pavel 395
Bellona 365
3rd Rate 355
Wasa 305
Agamemnon 300
Constitution 290
Wapen von Hamburg 285
Ingermanland 275
Indefatigable 250
Endymion 235
Trincomalee 230
Essex 200
L'Hermione 190
Belle Poule 185
Pirate Frigate 180
Frigate 175
Surprise 155
Renommee 150
Cerberus 140
Mortar Brig 80
Niagara 80
Mercury 80
Rattlesnake Heavy 80
Prince de Neufchatel 80
Snow 80
Edited by NavalActionPlayer
Updated with Admin's corrections to Christoph's list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Christoph said:

 

Ship Battle Rating
Santisima 605
L'Ocean 580
Victory 515
Bucentaure 450
St. Pavel 395
Bellona 365
3rd Rate 355
Wasa 305
Agamemnon 300
Constitution 290
Wapen von Hamburg 285
Ingermanland 275
Indefatigable 250
Endymion 235
Trincomalee 230
Essex 200
L'Hermione 190
Belle Poule 185
Pirate Frigate 180
Renommee 170
Surprise 155
Frigate 155
Cerberus 140
Mortar Brig 80
Niagara 80
Mercury 80
Rattlesnake Heavy 80
Prince de Neufchatel 80
Snow 80
  • difference between Vic and Buc seems quite small compared to their in-battle usefulness (less firepower). Difference between Buc and Pavel is a bit too big (Pavel has outstanding armor and shape which increases bounce level). I would suggest to lower Buc’s BR to approx. 420.
  • Surprise’s maneuverability makes it stronger than Renomee. I would suggest to set both of them at 165
  • Niagara is more powerful than Merc. Ships below Niagara should probably have 70 BR
  • Prince and snow should probably have 60 BR. Prince is very weak, while Snow had downside due to high sides
Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Liq said:

Forged paper DLC on steam? And if so what price?

Edit: found it, about $20 on steam

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-07-56.png

 

 

$20 for nation change? you lost your mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

$20 for nation change? you lost your mind?

That is good. Make nation flippers pay the cost

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, H2O said:

$20 for nation change? you lost your mind?

Please do read carefully everything before posting with such haste.

The DLC item grants the player the opportunity to change nation every 30 days. There's no limit of uses, it is a one time buy, use as many times as needed/want. It is a comfort item, not a necessity.

Any player that is certain of what their place is in the game sees no need to change nation will not consider it. @sveno comes to mind. Adamant eternal captain of the Swedish Krown.

Hope it serves to clear some of your doubts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Please do read carefully everything before posting with such haste.

The DLC item grants the player the opportunity to change nation every 30 days. There's no limit of uses, it is a one time buy, use as many times as needed/want. It is a comfort item, not a necessity.

Any player that is certain of what their place is in the game sees no need to change nation will not consider it. @sveno comes to mind. Adamant eternal captain of the Swedish Krown.

Hope it serves to clear some of your doubts.

IMO it is to little. 10 euro pro change. Make the people that take the easy way out pay

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HachiRoku said:

IMO it is to little. 10 euro pro change. Make the people that take the easy way out pay

It is FREE to change nation as well. DLC is a comfort item that allows to change without having to recreate the character. You cannot FORBID any player from erasing the character and starting a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin said:

Most shallow ports are similar indeed, i think we should probably cut BR limits for some of them to allow smaller size battles shallow water ports (more variety).
 

With some of the larger Shallow Port BR's, it is not possible to get to the BR limit.    2850 for Nassau...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

It is FREE to change nation as well. DLC is a comfort item that allows to change without having to recreate the character. You cannot FORBID any player from erasing the character and starting a new one.

Is it really free if you loose your books? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Is it really free if you loose your books? 

Yes, without a second thought. Nothing new for me. Still in EA and I plan to hardwipe again and again and again like I did 8 times already. Good for testing.

On release, sure, I'll stick with a character for good.

In any case will be acquiring the DLC myself in the hopes we see Portugal as a nation, not because of nation change.

We do not share the same concerns over our virtual lives.

Let's get back on track with the topic :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I was talking about attacking. You don't have to defend what you couldn't attack successfully before. 

 

Wrong. As attacker you need zero screeners if the defender is a small nation without screening. Now the attacker needs much more screeners than the defender to enter the PB, since the defender not only has immediate entry into PB but also the possibility to screen out a full PB fleet with a small number of players. Remember, only 13 players are needed to pull 25 PB players into battle. Clear advantage for big nations.

In war you're expected to at least have 1.5x the numbers as your enemy. In the future we're gonna need many stacks of screening fleets to engage, probably a better way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

With some of the larger Shallow Port BR's, it is not possible to get to the BR limit.    2850 for Nassau...

will check

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×