Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 18: BR and Smuggler fix

Recommended Posts

Captains!

Emergency patch will be deployed today

  • Fixed a sneaky bug, that got in recently; bug that did not allow battle entry on the side of the smuggler
    • Smuggler flag has no influence on battle flag from now on. 
      • If a brit attacks a french smuggler a battle between britain and france will be created, not brit vs pirate flag as before.

As a result several other things also got into the game.

  • Battle rating for vessels has been tuned to incorporate long range dps and alpha
  • Port battles BR adjusted
    • generally was slightly increased for deep water ports - from 5 to 15%
    • more variety in BR were added for shallow water ports
  • BR influence on attacking in OW slightly reduced 
    • BR difference influence between solo ships greatly reduced
      • 100BR is now enough to attack a lone 1st rate
    • Influence of numbers for BR group modifiers was slightly reduced
      • You only need 13 santisima trinidads to attack 25 santisima trinidads

Prolific Forger DLC has been added to the game. Prolific forger grants access to permanent forged paper that can be used every 30 days to change nation.

 

as usual - we are adding a teaser from the new UI
f57sWHR.jpg

Update: Treasure island port battle BR limits

  • North Inlet - deep water - 2570
  • Kidd's Harbour - deep water - 2520
  • Rum Cove - shallow - 1110

Update: Hotfix is being deployed

  • Emergency fix of the port control user interface that helps clans owning more than 28 ports
  • Sealed bottles loot have been improved
  • Logs added to battle joins to help find the bug with disappearing buttons
  • Determined defender is back
  • Like 33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forged paper DLC on steam? And if so what price?

Edit: found it, about $20 on steam

Screenshot_2018-02-23-10-07-56.png

Edited by Liq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Liq said:

Forged paper DLC on steam? And if so what price?

steam has local pricing so you cant be given a definitive answer, it varies from country to country

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to expierience the whole game its currently 56,99€ in total. But I get it. If you are a hardcore player you pay anyway, you already bought alts. If you only play casual some PVE it doesnt matter how the RVR situation for your nation is as you dont leave capital area anyway and therefore you will not buy the forged papers. So I am fine with it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Never Surrender said:

So to expierience the whole game its currently 56,99€ in total. But I get it. If you are a hardcore player you pay anyway, you already bought alts. If you only play casual some PVE it doesnt matter how the RVR situation for your nation is as you dont leave capital area anyway and therefore you will not buy the forged papers. So I am fine with it.

Remember that tutorial final exam will grant players M&C rank.  So new player who thinks that he made a wrong choice when starting a game can just delete a character, pass a tutorial and get m&c rank back, by just passing the exam again.
Prolific forger DLC is not for them, its for players who cannot commit and change nations 5-6 times a year or more. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Prolific Forger DLC has been added to the game. Prolific forger grants access to permanent forged paper that can be used every 30 days to change nation.

Soooo 20$ for a feature that should be part of the main game? Oh well, luckily I have enough alts already anyways...

Name change DLC will be 30$? :P

 

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Prolific forger DLC is not for them, its for players who cannot commit and change nations 5-6 times a year or more. 

Should have added another nation for those people -  Hobo nation. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, admin said:

Prolific Forger DLC has been added to the game. Prolific forger grants access to permanent forged paper that can be used every 30 days to change nation.

Finally! Goodbye Spain !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically it will now be much easier for defenders to Screen out attacking PB fleets.

You will only Need 13 ships to Screen out the attackers 25 man Screen fleet, leaving the PB fleet vulnerable.

I can see Major Problems resulting from this.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

So...is this DLC a one time purchase that one can use as many times as one likes (subject to the 30 day cool down) or does one have to purchase it each and every time?

Permanent item, use as many times you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Glorgir said:

So basically it will now be much easier for defenders to Screen out attacking PB fleets.

You will only Need 13 ships to Screen out the attackers 25 man Screen fleet, leaving the PB fleet vulnerable.

I can see Major Problems resulting from this.

 

Wasn't it 25% before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

Permanent item, use as many times you like.

many times you like???? but still only once per month  right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guenwhyvar said:

Wasn't it 25% before?

For example, at N inlet there were 2 Screening fleets, one Danish and 1 Pirate, neither had the BR to pull the attacking fleet into battle enabling the PB ships to enter. 

With These changes, both fleets could have attacked the Russian fleet, ensuring no PB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Glorgir said:

So basically it will now be much easier for defenders to Screen out attacking PB fleets.

You will only Need 13 ships to Screen out the attackers 25 man Screen fleet, leaving the PB fleet vulnerable.

I can see Major Problems resulting from this.

 

Not just any 13 ships. You will need 13 Santisimas. The number required was 19 before the patch. It was strange and weird and not really historical that 18 first rates could not attack 25 first rates. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admin said:

Captains!

Emergency patch will be deployed today

  • Fixed a sneaky bug, that got in recently; bug that did not allow battle entry on the side of the smuggler
    • Smuggler flag has no influence on battle flag from now on. 
      • If a brit attacks a french smuggler a battle between britain and france will be created, not brit vs pirate flag as before.

As a result several other things also got into the game.

  • Battle rating for vessels has been tuned to incorporate long range dps and alpha
  • Port battles BR adjusted
    • generally was slightly increased for deep water ports - from 5 to 15%
    • more variety in BR were added for shallow water ports
  • BR influence on attacking in OW slightly reduced 
    • BR difference influence between solo ships greatly reduced
      • 100BR is now enough to attack a lone 1st rate
    • Influence of numbers for BR group modifiers was slightly reduced
      • You only need 13 santisima trinidads to attack 25 santisima trinidads

Prolific Forger DLC has been added to the game. Prolific forger grants access to permanent forged paper that can be used every 30 days to change nation.

are all old papers removed or do long playing captains get some gratitude by still being able to switch?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amplify said:

are all old papers removed or do long playing captains get some gratitude by still being able to switch?

on steam:

Redeemables clearance will start on 15th of march.
If you want to get ships, items, cannons, mast upgrades, XP for ship slots (merged from Global PVP) and forged papers you have to login and redeem them BEFORE 15 March 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, admin said:

Not just any 13 ships. You will need 13 Santisimas. The number required was 19 before the patch. It was strange and weird and not really historical that 18 first rates could not attack 25 first rates. 

How does this work with mixed fleets, what would the requirements be for the tag ,

for example a fleet of  10 first rates, 8 seconds , 6 3rd rates ,  and a mortar brig, set up so the PB ships have protection to the port.

PB fleet being 2 first rates, 3 3rd rates and the mortar brig.

What fleet would the Defender have to bring now to enable combat.

Isnt this giving the Defender just another Advantage, they have to bring less ships to be able to stop the attackers even reaching the port.

Please do not take this as a criticism, just want to be able to plan an appropriate Response for attackers.

If I am correct, you only Need around 58% of the BR to initiate combat now

Edited by Glorgir
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×