Game-Labs Forum

Port / City visuals

Landsman

Showerthought time... what is the logic of architectural styles between nations? Swedes, Danes and Dutch have this North-eastern european style and Russia, Prussia and Poland this mediterranean(?) style... why? Also I'd like to see more diversity in architecture in general as seen on some very old teasers but that is never going to happen I guess...

What happened to this? .... fort upgrade for increased maintenance cost, please?? Nice visuals and another gold sink to help the inflation? No? Ok...

2Swtq1e.jpg

This one actually is from NA too... probably scratched? .... Improving visuals of OW even further would have been pretty nice.

584239909479c_NavalActionPortScreeenUIID

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

As an archittect and a player, I really miss a proper representation of cities.

The current visuals belongs to the PS2 era. Land textures, trees, rocks, buildings are outdated.

2 programmers and 2 modelers can only focus on this not that. So its either ships or cities from the art perspective. + its hard to improve the land due to sheer size of the world without ruining something else (for example FPS). For example adding 2 new tree types will send it below 10-15 for majority of machines

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, admin said:

2 programmers and 2 modelers can only focus on this not that. So its either ships or cities from the art perspective. + its hard to improve the land due to sheer size of the world without ruining something else (for example FPS). For example adding 2 new tree types will send it below 10-15 for majority of machines

I thought so but can you maybe give russia, poland and prussia the style of dutch, danes and swedes? Or let clans choose which style / version they want to use? Would be better in my opinion. 

I think alot more nations ( especially russia, poland, prussia) should have this style:

maxresdefault.jpg

And this one fits more  for Spanish, French and Pirates or small / shallow ports:

29891910613_1b85217b26_o.jpg

Russia, Poland, Prussia, Sweden, Danes and Dutch should all have the north-eastern european style...

• Like 1

I think the 'culture changing' feature should be switched off.

It doesn't make sense that Sweden captures a Spanish port in the Bahamas and rebuilds every house in stucco.

Just wastes the original level building work and takes up space.

PS: Half of Russia's navy comes from the Black Sea, where the architecture looks more Mediterranean than N. European.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

I thought so but can you maybe give russia, poland and prussia the style of dutch, danes and swedes? Or let clans choose which style / version they want to use? Would be better in my opinion. 

I think alot more nations ( especially russia, poland, prussia) should have this style:

And this one fits more  for Spanish, French and Pirates or small / shallow ports:

Russia, Poland, Prussia, Sweden, Danes and Dutch should all have the north-eastern european style...

individual styles were originally considered for all nations and could be implemented after localization

nRUJNBR.jpg

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Have you played Assasin Creed Origins?

That game has an interesting and spectacular world full of life. I can run it at High settings with smooth FPS on a laptop.

So it can be done with NA. And I advice to try, and to try hard, because the world is as important as the ships. Succesful Sandbox games like GTA, AC, Far Cry gives a great importance to their world.

NA right now is all about the instance battle and battle mechanics. Lots of true potential wasted.

We have one of the best visual representations (if not the best) of a 16 mln square km caribbean. 
http://www.navalaction.com/blog/2015/3/5/beautiful-open-world
we know it raises expectations and players of course want more.
We can assure you that land and cities will be amazing in Naval Action 8, just like they are amazing in AC 8 also known as Origins delivered by 300 artists and programmers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I want to Naval Action 1 to be as sucesful as possible.

I understand the difference on manpower between both games.

However, if you update a bit the looks of the buildings (more polygons and better textures) and you code the postions of the buildings to look a bit more like the plan I posted that part will be mostly solved.

About the land itself, the issue are the textures and the visual look of vegetation. Just increase resolution and make them less 2D.

agreed

all resources now are focused on the tutorial, and UI. it will bring more impact and will keep more users happy initially.  Focus is key with the small team. 
Once its done we can review and freshen up the buildings and cities

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Have you played Assasin Creed Origins?

That game has an interesting and spectacular world full of life. I can run it at High settings with smooth FPS on a laptop.

So it can be done with NA. And I advice to try, and to try hard, because the world is as important as the ships. Succesful Sandbox games like GTA, AC, Far Cry gives a great importance to their world.

NA right now is all about the instance battle and battle mechanics. Lots of true potential wasted.

you comparing gamelabs to ubisoft? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow,  I missed this thread back in February.

My request is very simple.  I dearly hope that someday we will have a way to turn of the BIG TEXT that floats above all ports.
The Ctrl H keybind turns off the UI, but leaves the Port Names untouched.  It would be wonderful if there was a way to remove this text.  

• Like 1