Game-Labs Forum

Join the circle (and not to end up in tokyo)

@admin when going in battle we get 2 circles

why not 6 circles , 3 for the enemy and 3 for the allies 

why :

battle circles on land;  so you can choose another circle on water.

and to overcome bad winds with huge of distance ...

and timers with bad winds... what give you the opportunity to choose a better course

discuss 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

AFAIK the one massive join circle was removed so players couldnt join on the best possible location and surround enemies. Joining should only be possible where the iniital ship that tags / got tagged was in OW - thus the two circles, so noone can surround anyone by using OW speed advantage and sailing past the ship.

Might end up similar with 3 join circles per side

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

AFAIK the one massive join circle was removed so players couldnt join on the best possible location and surround enemies. Joining should only be possible where the iniital ship that tags / got tagged was in OW - thus the two circles, so noone can surround anyone by using OW speed advantage and sailing past the ship.

well it mostly end up in shit winds whit a distance from timbuktu to brazil....your call

speed meta all over the place,

i go play a race car game... 

Edited by Thonys

Just now, Thonys said:

well it mostly end up in shit winds whit a distance from timbuktu to brazil....your call

That's how it should be if you were not in range of first main tag, simulates that you first have to get to the battle (and not use hyper OW speed and surround the enemy), IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

That's how it should be if you were not in range of first main tag, simulates that you first have to get to the battle (and not use hyper OW speed and surround the enemy), IMO

no it does not it sucks

or are you just like me a pve player..

look they fight around the corner , you can join the mcdonalds store and eat chicken for a while you have plenty of time

Edited by Thonys

I personally think that the mechanic in having it impossible to join a join circle because it's on land is Cancer.

Why should I not be allowed to join a battle but the enemy can? So the enemy gets away with entering a battle when I want to fight them but can't because my side has some shitty Land in the way.

it doesn't add "strategy" it adds anger and frustration.

1 hour ago, Liq said:

but what sux is when you are right on top of the initial tag, but don't get pulled in and have to sail away to get to the join circle, and then instead of being in your initial position, you are km's away.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liq said:

They should do a hybrid of the big second circle they had before when it was two circles, but instead of being pulled in the second circle you get a message to instant join when the tag goes through so every one can join from there OW position.  Some times that might be a head or behind the other ship.  Counter tags are bad cause they can mess up a perfect box in of an enemy ship.  This system will stop that.   Than have any one else that joins have to do the old fashion join circles.  

With this system you can pick if you want to get pulled or not and or go after other targets or just leave if your in the bigger outer circle.  Nothing is worse than being right on the out side of the tag circle.  Not geting pulled and than you have to turn around and go back to the join circle that is against the wind and you might not make it in even though you where pretty much right on the ship at the edge of the pull circle.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hethwill said:

@Teutonic

No circles no land. ( system requires it for positioning )

Land Ho! was the best thing in OW, leeway was the second.

One was "hammered" so much it is barely noticeable, please do not remove the other one. :( 

Solution is to return to he BIG circle. :) 

Mind you, I am not asking for land to be gone from battles, I am in agreement with you.

I just wish for a solution to what I precieve as a problem, although I know others do not believe it to be a problem. So bigger circles? Great, love it.

21 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Mind you, I am not asking for land to be gone from battles, I am in agreement with you.

I just wish for a solution to what I precieve as a problem, although I know others do not believe it to be a problem. So bigger circles? Great, love it.

Big circle was, IMO and contested by many, as the best ROE.

Further, it cleans away too many "powergaming" tags and counter-tags loopholes.