Game-Labs Forum

Multiple Hostility Missions Stacking on Each Other in the OW

Christendom

I unfortunately meant to take a screenshot but forgot to do it.

At Somerset yesterday we (Russia) pulled multiple battles and had 2 players join them solo and then we were going to fill in afterwards.  Both the missions ended up being right on top of each other and it seemed like one cancelled the other one out (visually).  I was able to select the mission with the fewer amount of players, but then ended up joining the larger one everyone else could join.

I noticed this one before when doing hostility missions, seems like if 2 are close enough one will cancel out the other visually and others cannot join.

It was something we discovered allready a long time ago when looking for missions in shallow water and for certain ports there was only one mission possible in deep water. We talked about it that this could be used as an exploit to stack like 5 missions in the same spot and this would counter the enemy to join this mission however we never used this exploit. Dont think that the devs can actually do anything about this though as the crosswords appear in the same exact spot.

I think it will be one of those things where we as players have to be fair and not use some metagaming exploit. The only way i see it is that the game will only generate unique hostility missions and that there is a cap of how many hostility missions can be generated per port.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Solution - Missions generated positions ( 3 positions ) will stay the same through the day until they are done ( even removed and try new mission generation will yield same result ) and new missions taken.

Three spots just means it would stack on top even more.  When we do hostility every one pulls missions and we pick the closes ones for where we need to be out of all those missions.   So it's not just three missiosn at a time pulled.

Just want to add we had the same thing happen with little river flip last week.  We where in a mission some one had a mission in the same spot and couldn't join it as both missions where going on at the same time.  Once we finished off the last two ships we could see the other fight and join it (had some guys out side trying to join the new one).   So they do some times stack and if two are at the same spot it can cause some issues.

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Wish the swords were a color OTHER than white too.

Maybe color code the boarders of the swords.  RED for hostility and black for normal missions.  I pulled missions where I had hostilities we didn't use and accidentally joined the wrong one.  Can even go as far as make Solo BLUE and FLEET black trim with RED hostilities.  Any color could be used, but man in storms or bad weather it's so much a pain to find these things.