Game-Labs Forum

PvP Rank

If you see going hunting and looking for fights as grinding, you cant be helped IMO

sure its nice to have some spare marks but if you pvp regularly youll quickly sit on many marks not knowing what to do with. Im at 340 marks atm (and I know others like darkjoker, moscalb or ram got many more) nothing to spend them on (except a navy hull refit every now and then)

You grind the crew-rank to be able to command more crew; the pvp rank has no real meaning in terms of unlocking content, so you dont "grind" it. Its a side effect.

Edited by Liq
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

To make farming PvP marks even easier? Yes, please. 

Not saying it is obvious you are a farmer but it is quite obvious.

Are you kidding me?

The reason for my post is simple...

As a newbie you will not reallly getting better in this game with this system... You loose against Players that are much more experienced and much better equipt then you. The only thing you get from a fight, in which you wanna learn or getting better, is a punch in your face.

You loose your ship you loose almost everything and you will not been motivated to do more PvP because you dont even have a chance against a good geared/experineced Player. So why i should really waste my ships for getting hello kittyed up? If you would earn PvP Marks in relation to your damage youve got something from a fight against a good one... you should not get rich through this but you should receive something for your work...

With this system only the guys that are in this game for months and years will get better, the new ones getting frustrated...  I had the same Problem, before i received my marks in stupid ganks. Now ive got some of the most important books and upgrades and can get a better player... i am think i really Play better now buts its hard to learn if every enemy is faster, thicker and have more HP then you...

Farming Marks should not blockade a good system... farming marks should get punished through the devs...

Edited by the Kidd

1 hour ago, the Kidd said:

As a newbie you will not reallly getting better in this game with this system... You loose against Players that are much more experienced and much better equipt then you. The only thing you get from a fight, in which you wanna learn or getting better, is a punch in your face.

You loose your ship you loose almost everything and you will not been motivated to do more PvP because you dont even have a chance against a good geared/experineced Player. So why i should really waste my ships for getting hello kittyed up? If you would earn PvP Marks in relation to your damage youve got something from a fight against a good one... you should not get rich through this but you should receive something for your work...

With this system only the guys that are in this game for months and years will get better, the new ones getting frustrated...  I had the same Problem, before i received my marks in stupid ganks. Now ive got some of the most important books and upgrades and can get a better player... i am think i really Play better now buts its hard to learn if every enemy is faster, thicker and have more HP then you...

Farming Marks should not blockade a good system... farming marks should get punished through the devs...

The experienced veteran players weren't dropped out of their mama's huhu a Naval Action pro ready to destroy, they were noobs and ate shit to get better too. Of course you don't have to risk your ships in PvP in order to have fun and get better, you can simply drop the towel and quit PvP. Back in the day when the now veterans started out as noobs, there weren't even safe zones where they could have ranked up or made gold without getting farmed.... too many sissies out there. Yeah, maybe they should give PvP marks for damage but then they might remove them altogether, since they become more and more worthless anyways and they can soon simply sell the PvP admiralty shit for CM too...