Game-Labs Forum

Yacht Sailing Wierdness

Barbancourt

Has anyone experienced weird Yacht sailing behavior in a battle instance recently?  I was in a battle with a T-Brig and it got me down to about 65% sails which I repaired to 97%.  After the repair it seemed like the Yacht sailed very oddly.  I would be going about 8 knots across the wind, then I'd turn 180 degrees through the wind in either direction (with/against) to be sailing across the wind in the other direction so I could fire the other broadside, and that turn would lose all my speed so that I was stuck at 1-1.5 knots for what seemed like a really unusually long time before the speed finally started to build again.  If I was within 30 degrees of sailing with the wind I'd also almost come to a stop.  Then I'd turn 180 to the other direction and in that direction it would sail more normally again.  I do not remember this behavior when I battled with the Yacht a lot last summer, and this was my first battle in it since about June. 

Build is Bermuda/Teak.  (such an improvement from the old mandatory cag/crew redeemable!)  I was not in manual sails.  I did f11 it, but I was uncertain if the f11 went through. 

Since my Yacht kept coming to a stop I struggled to keep the t-brig tagged and it had me down to 30% structure at one point, but after about 75 minutes I did manage to finally unlock that 5th slot on my Yacht.  :D 

yacht5.jpg