Game-Labs Forum

Tutorial bug

Banshee Queen

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307626533

@admin & @Ink

Tutorial Bug last mission Endurance

Just tested this now to see if I could find @Banshee Queen bug.

For the Brig the Repair Ratio is 3x Hull 4x Rigging and 27x Rum. The Mission starts and I [5] immediately. My Brig Repair ratio was 27-30-139. This number I knew from somewhere I'd seen it before. So, took a couple of hits and hit Hull repairs. It all works.

Eventually, I ended up boarding this ship. After wining the hold carried 99x Hull and 99x Rig repairs which I couldn’t place in my own cargo hold. Also, my cargo hold should “0” weight and the 3 repair balances also didn’t show in the [x] aftermath screen.

Pulling away I press [5] and my balances are still there.

After finishing the mission which is not easy for beginner or Legend alike. I retuned to my UI PORT screen looking at my Aggie. Went to the equipment screen and in my hull was the repair balances. That’s where the numbers came from originally 27-30-139...

So, second test this time put 15-30-240 into the Aggie hull. Pressed escape into the tutorial. Sure enough pressing [5] I see 15-30-240 as my Brig repair kits...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

@Banshee Queen

Before doing the tutorial load up a ship with max amount of Hull Rig and Rum. Don’t worry about space or weight. The only measure is cool down. So, Hull will take 3x kits and cooldown is 10 minutes. With a battle length of 1hr 30mins you can stack a lot.

Make sure, you have that ship active then do the tutorial.

The Endurance mission itself is very hard so you are not bad. Remember to work on one side of the enemy not both. When he shows the other side go for his sails. Keep your distance and take your time taking him down. It’s not a race. When reloading always be angled towards him (45’ will theoretically add 33% to your thickness value). Keep damage taken to a minimum.

STERN and Grape rake the crew will slow the enemy down in all aspects from moving to reloading. Don’t purposefully go for sails using chain. De-Mast if he’s showing his other side. You can chain a Brig down to 70% and he’ll still catch up to you when you run and repair.

Make sure you do RUN & REPAIR often. They hit more accurately than you and will inflict heavy damage so show as little side to the enemy as possible.. The tutorial is called “ENDURANCE” for a reason...

Boarding, you will encounter marines. Grape him first. When done don’t wait get moving RUN & Rum REPAIR asap as the next Brig is quite close and usually sat on your fastest tack.

Hope this helps a little...

Norfolk.

Well the lack of information in the tutorial section is kinda lame,but guess this is a early stage.

But the first part was fine,there at least they told us what to do with a small right hand info box. But how could anyone know that we need a active ship in port with hull,rum and rig to be able to repair ships in a tutorial,it makes no sence. As I said,I guess this is just a test and here is my feedback. Please put little more information so new players don't get confussed so easly. I should't search this up in a forum,this should be ingame intel for my knowledge.

Thank you Norfolk for your reply,you've bin a great help.

• Like 2