Game-Labs Forum

A new take on RvR!

I have listened to the different takes on how to make RvR more attractive. We all want to get people more involved in RvR and this way, have them understand the beauty with this game. Have to say that suggestions are many and some are quite creative, one thing stands out thow, and that most of us agree that we need a clan based solution. Here is my suggestion.

Suggestion

My suggestion is based, and is quite similar to the competitions in the game of Football.
That is within every nation there will be a constant competition between clans to get to the top three. The national competition is flag based and requires that every clan should have an own outpost.
Like so:
Clan A pulls a flag for Clan B. Clan B attacks Clan A defend at Old Providence and the outcome Clan A wins. Clan A gets 3 points. Then Clan A attacks Clan B defend at Turneffe and Clan B wins. Both of them have 3 points and the national competition continues until all the participating clans have battled each other.

The next step is that the top three clans will participate in the world domination competition. The rules are the same only that this time the theater of war is the whole map.
Now I know that I said 3 clans from every nation but that gives 33 clans and that’s not a good number. So my suggestion is that the lowest points do not participate. And so we have a world domination competition with 32 clans. 

5a8b2eacc41c8_32teams.png.2c9a6041160803ca777863ca0894d7df.png

I understand that it is a bit trickier to duel other nations especially when it requires countless hours of sailing around the map. But, maybe adjustments can be made to accommodate this idea. Who knows…

Implementation

Most of the algorithms required for this idea, already exist within the game and have been tested at one point or another. Not a lot of new programing is required, even for a small team of developers.
The only new programing that is required is the competition framework and a counter that keeps tabs on the points from all the battles.

Conclusion

I believe that this idea have the potential to remove griefing from the RvR   and give us a clear winner and champion with every iteration.

Tks!

Edited by AxIslander

This means that clans with less than 10-15 active players can't be part of RVR.

By the way - RVR isn't unattractive. How much PB do you wish a day? One Portbattle occupies at least 20-30 players incl. screeners. So this means about 4-5% of all present players for only one event. If the target is very attractive or the  Port BR is higher the number of involved players increases incl. screener up to 80 members. Think battles for Cartagena engaged in a peak about nearly 100 players in two full PB-Fleets and 2 big screening fleets 

Maybe there are some details that can be improved. In my opinion it's a good mix between action by close fighting and fleet tactics. Wind changes made tactics more dynamic, different port/circle layout's force mulitple fleet maneuvers.

A fact is, that all nations haven't enough trained and experienced RVR players and commanders.