Game-Labs Forum

Regarding "special trim"

Hello!

I have an idea regarding these new "special trims" on crafted ships.

Right now these special rewards are given at random to crafted ships, and it can also get more perm upgrade slots.

How about if these new special trims were given by special ports but the random number of upgrade slots would remain RNG? 
For example: If you build a ship in Jeremie, it gets a random chance for more perm upgrade slots but it will get agile. Agile ships will always be from Jeremie.

The benefits of this would be:
* More reasons for holding ports.
* Would create more high value target ports like ex. Cartahena.
* Would move ship crafters away from the capital and safezones.
* Would create more traders moving around OW.

Ideas? Suggestions?

• Like 1

We had a similar thing before the last wipe, called „regional bonuses“.

I don‘t know why devs removed them.

Concerning the new boni:

1. I like your idea of linking them to certain ports.

2. But I don‘t know if that lead to more RvR, because as far as i know the actual boni are not that much of a buff. Increasing them in a system like yours wouldn’t be a good idea though, because this would possibly widen the gap between the powerful and rather weak.

• Like 2

How about don't worry about the RnG trims and regional ship bonuses as this is what people hated before and now its come back because the devs still don't grasp a proper concept of how a OW and functioning Economy should work, if they actually used that thing between their ears then maybe we could actually get some progress on the subject and stop resorting to these kind of stupid features!!!!

I don't see any porblem with these new bonuses and the way they are given out atm, though perhaps it could be improved by giving players a means of improving their chances at getting a bonus or even a specific bonus.

And as far as the extra slots... I think they are fine too... seem to be rare enough that its not a big deal..   

2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

I don't see any porblem with these new bonuses and the way they are given out atm, though perhaps it could be improved by giving players a means of improving their chances at getting a bonus or even a specific bonus.

And as far as the extra slots... I think they are fine too... seem to be rare enough that its not a big deal..   

The problem with the extra slots is that their existence has caused rapid inflation in the economy. Ship prices haven't dropped (because material resources haven't dropped) but blue 3/5 ships (especially without an extra perk) don't sell nearly as well now because people are holding out for that 4/5 or 5/5 ship. So you end up with a glut of blue ships in the markets, and even in  KPR (which is probably one of the more active markets), it leaves  ships sitting unsold.

The problem with regional bonuses is that although it may lead to more RvR for control of the important ports the issue is if the bonus is OP then it eventually leads to an imbalance as the side holding the port become too strong to dislodge while the attackers get weaker and weaker.

Imagine if the hull strength bonus could only be on ships built in Cartegena, whoever owned the port could keep churning out strong hulled ships while the attackers would eventually run out of ships strong enough to attack. At least at present persons who do not own the port have some chance of getting the items to make the bonus.

1 hour ago, BPHick said:

The problem with the extra slots is that their existence has caused rapid inflation in the economy. Ship prices haven't dropped (because material resources haven't dropped) but blue 3/5 ships (especially without an extra perk) don't sell nearly as well now because people are holding out for that 4/5 or 5/5 ship. So you end up with a glut of blue ships in the markets, and even in  KPR (which is probably one of the more active markets), it leaves  ships sitting unsold.

Yes and the 3/5's will come down in price soon which ain't a bad thing, but i dunno why my 4/5 L'Ocean hasn't sold yet...  

As much as I hate RNG I believe that every nation should have a more or less equal chance of getting every refit - regional refits could work if you had to take a trade mission to these regions to get om materials for the refit - but having to conquer the port is a completely different thing. Some nations will never have access to certain refits and it would heavily benefit the large nations.