Game-Labs Forum

Mortar Brig Build & Advice

Landsman

Question

I don't have much experience with the MB and would appreciate any advice and info about the best builds for it. I assume best is to stack speed and reload speed? What books have effect on the mortars and which don't? I assume Gunnery Encyclopedia does nothing except buff reload speed for mortars? Is there a reload speed hard cap for mortars? Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/24239-epic-event/

Try this link instead. The chap asked another epic question using the same title. I got confused Apologies.

With M-Brigs use with fleet Pickles for defense. Also, the M-Brig Officer Perk and reload time factors like Open Mag Access. And finally, the boats balance. Remember firing when the boat is at 0’ and not heeling at 3%+.

Haven’t ever used with Gun Encyclopedia, but with dispersion, reload times would help. The angles not so much. Would free up skill knowledge space for others like Pellew sights or powder monkeys.

Then its what you will use it for? It is virtually one of the slowest boats in the game. Like my suggested use in the example of mission running you’ll need a speed built one and with an ALT as well to make it work properly.

For PB not so much but your team needs to protect you. Accuracy with dispersion here is very important to drop towers forts or SoLs.

Read my posts that show the basic usage but more important how much damage you deal on the top deck of ships. Used with an ALT it truly is devastating, but if caught you are toast. Takes a bit of practice but a good skill to have that not many use...

Hope this helps

Norfolk

• Like 1