Game-Labs Forum
Jean Ribault

Developers - Please Remove the Diolkos

Developers, why do we still see AI ships sailing through land in this game?  :rolleyes:

You've got all the shallows and land boundaries figured out for player ships, so why are the AI's alone still sailing through land?  Meanwhile you are rebalancing other minor things to player ships while AI's can sail right through land masses.  We do not have canals in this game, and it appears like we have game features like the ancient Diolkos set aside for AI.

Can we get this fixed?  I'm not sure of the in-game physics that make this insurmountable for you, but it seems ridiculous that we still have it at this stage of development.  Priority is not an answer, because it's so ridiculous and been far too long this way.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Batman said:

I think, @admin actually said circles on land are a feature and working as intended, not a bug.

I see his reasoning, if you can position your enemy hugged up against the coast then good positioning rewards. But circles on land looks silly and unfinished, and cut into gameplay too much when you can't join a battle clearly on water, like you HAVE to join in that circle.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:15 AM, Batman said:

I think, @admin actually said circles on land are a feature and working as intended, not a bug.

Yes. He did say something to that effect. If true, I disagree with that design. It makes no sense. I sort of suspect tho that it's a similar "feature" as AI sailing through land and spawn after battle at the exact location where you entered battle. The game has trouble keeping track of land and locations between battle instance and OW. If these things were fixable surely they would have happened by now. 

Design circles on land are silly, unless players understand completely where the join circles will appear. We did a tag near KPR and the brit join circle was i a mountain....

NO allies could join, we sank....  But how were we meant to know that would happen, and in future I still would have no idea where the join circles will appear....

If when you tag , the battle circle appears, why not ghosted out "Join circles" also appear....?

2 minutes ago, VonVolks said:

Design circles on land are silly, unless players understand completely where the join circles will appear. We did a tag near KPR and the brit join circle was i a mountain....

NO allies could join, we sank....  But how were we meant to know that would happen, and in future I still would have no idea where the join circles will appear....

If when you tag , the battle circle appears, why not ghosted out "Join circles" also appear....?

join circle of you = behind you

join circle enemy = behind enemy

your'r welcome. :)

1 hour ago, rediii said:

join circle of you = behind you

join circle enemy = behind enemy

your'r welcome. :)

Think the direction is the one of the attacker ow wind direction/position at the moment the tag runs to zero. 

One has to test it for one self to get some safety and experience in it.