Game-Labs Forum

Review and Suggestion of the Impossible Nations

if you want new nations to work you need to remove victory marks in my opinion and everything else that penalises smaller nations.. I would like to see PVP marks go as well.

I know these marks are meant to reward people but how can the pirate nation ever be real pirates when we know it will be open season on pvp mark farming.

Perhaps there could be more rewards for sailing for a smaller nation than a bigger one. Different nations should offer different rewards for different activities this would give nations a different play style as they could be given different goals and reward able objectives.

2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

You dont need alts as an impossible nation. Time management is needed, that is all. 

You're able to claim this because you were not focused yet, Commonwealth was never in a total war. 

Imagine if someone really focused your high tax ports one after another. How would you build your ships after a few weeks? Maybe HOST could survive this, but I doubt other Commonwealth clans would. Rebuilding your shipyards every few days is hard. 

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Imagine if someone really focused your high tax ports one after another. How would you build your ships after a few weeks? Maybe HOST could survive this, but I doubt other Commonwealth clans would. Rebuilding your shipyards every few days is hard. 

Shop ships, buying free/open port ships, lying low and cruising in the shadows.  It may be a little expensive, and much harder without the windfall of Global redeemables, however it's a project to keep you busy.

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

That might become a bit difficult if the population gets large enough that it's hard to get in/out of the Free Ports, though. 

Right, there's no escaping from the fact that the Impossible nation has to maintain OW dominance near the freeport.

Really shouldn't be hard if every Pole is out in force. Not even the most vindictive clans are going to maintain an SoL blockade of a freeport when there's no profit in it.

1 hour ago, maturin said:

Right, there's no escaping from the fact that the Impossible nation has to maintain OW dominance near the freeport.

Really shouldn't be hard if every Pole is out in force. Not even the most vindictive clans are going to maintain an SoL blockade of a freeport when there's no profit in it.

This won't work for a free nation if it wants to recruit and train new people. If nation doesn't keep retention, it dies, as people leave. If they're easily targettable, they leave quickly.

If nation does PvE missions from a free port, it will be targetted extremely efficiently. I would definitely use it.

To compete with others, such nation has to have enough alts and strong enough fleet to win almost every fight. The only free nation that has a chance in global RvR is Prussia, provided that things that are discussed will happen.

Just now, vazco said:

This won't work for a free nation if it wants to recruit and train new people. If nation doesn't keep retention, it dies, as people leave. If they're easily targettable, they leave quickly.

If nation does PvE missions from a free port, it will be targetted extremely efficiently. I would definitely use it.

To compete with others, such nation has to have enough alts and strong enough fleet to win almost every fight. The only free nation that has a chance in global RvR is Prussia, provided that things that are discussed will happen.

This. Eventually the few nations we have now will lose their capitals, people will lose interest and change back to a real nation and the colonial nations will be left with maybe a dozen players as a nasty blemish.

2 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

At the moment some of them are usually pretty quiet.  However, if the population is up near 2500 it will be different. 

If the population gets up to 2500 we're gonna need more freeports and regular ports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maturin said:

Again, it's expected. Most of these minor nations didn't last very long in the Caribbean IRL.

If they're just going to be wasted space on the screen 98% of the time lets get rid of them. Things are already messy with the nation we have, who all somewhat belong there from a gameplay in line with history perspective.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

33 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

If they're just going to be wasted space on the screen 98% of the time lets get rid of them. Things are already messy with the nation we have, who all somewhat belong there from a gameplay in line with history perspective.

So the big nations can collect even more ports their players rarely bother to visit? 

You need to do two or three things. First rid all Nations of fixed hide behind Capitals. Secondly FREE PORTs cannot accommodate Clan Warehouses. I suggest two super capitals based along Religion NOT Nation lines in a thread near. Take a look.

This solves all problems from all Nations, including Nations that have yet to arrive.

Popular Nations like GB and Pirate will still be popular, but PPRs will no longer have that Impossible start.

The ONE downside is historical legacy accuracy. Which accommodating so many Nations and Localization familiarity is almost impossible to balance both. You can’t have both, but you can have a level playing field...

IF THAT’S WHAT YOU REALLY WANT...?

But you don’t really want that do you?

You guys sound like my wife at times... work it out what you really want or admit you just don't know....

Edited by Norfolk nChance

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

You need to do two or three things. First rid all Nations of fixed hide behind Capitals. Secondly FREE PORTs cannot accommodate Clan Warehouses. I suggest two super capitals based along Religion NOT Nation lines in a thread near. Take a look.

This solves all problems from all Nations, including Nations that have yet to arrive.

Popular Nations like GB and Pirate will still be popular, but PPRs will no longer have that Impossible start.

The ONE downside is historical legacy accuracy. Which accommodating so many Nations and Localization familiarity is almost impossible to balance both. You can’t have both, but you can have a level playing field...

IF THAT’S WHAT YOU REALLY WANT...?

But you don’t really want that do you?

You guys sound like my wife at times... work it out what you really want or admit you just don't know....

Safe capitals are the reason the other nations work and don’t hemorage all their players when it goes wrong.

9 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

Russia, Poland and Prussia have clearly provided tons of great gameplay for many people. And continue to do so. And it's good marketing.

Very easy for someone from a different nation to say "ban them."

All the hand-wringing over their vulnerability is also unwarranted. Has anyone noticed that Sweden won the map? Sweden who was designed to be the pathetic one-port nation for masochists? And France isn't far behind. France has never had any power before now.

Edited by maturin