Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Concept of clanbased RvR rediii

Since its a topic atm I would like to suggest my oppinion of a clanbased NA

So I thought I put a full thought out concept of clanbased RoE and Conquest into the forum.

What’s the idea?

Create a real sandbox. The nation you choose is only your starting position. National Ports are safezones for all and you only choose the flag you fly at the beginning. Once in “unsafe” waters you can get attacked by everyone except your own clan/alliance.

It fits the playstyle of players that like the safezones and the pve playstyle but also the outlaws that want to attack everyone and also the conquest RvR type of players.

What is needed to reach this?

• A new RoE. Not seperating battles into 2 nations but 2 “individuals” (further explained below)

• New clanfeatures to avoid exploiting

• No barriers between nations anymore. Forged papers become useless

• Safezones are safezones for every player. Not only this national player.

• A new alliance mechanic

• Conquest based on alliances

• New options for portowners

• No “national” chat anymore but regional chat instead.

1. The new RoE

Since everyone should be attackable a new RoE is needed. Everyone is red except he is in your clan, in your alliance or in your battlegroup.

Once attacked a normal battle opens. Now you dont “join sverige” or “join pirate” anymore but you have the following scenarios:

Join [name of clanless player]

Join [name of allianceless clan]

Join [name of alliance]

A nice bonus would be to introduce a 3rd faction in battles but it’s not realy needed I guess.

Why not outlaw battles for everyone? They are realy chaotic and many times you board the wrong person. Maybe atleast colour and make players in your battlegroup not boardable. In the end that would also eliminate the green on green trials.

Now safezones work realy easy: Noone is attackable, missions are not joinable, attacking fleets only drag your battlegroup and close instantly. Easy

2. New clanfeatures to avoid exploiting

Like leaving a battlegroup leaving a clan needs to have a timer of for example 2 day.

The same with kicking someone. 2 day until it happens

The same with leaving a alliance. 2 days until it happens

That should eliminate exploiting by leaving the clan or whatever before a planned PB to do some kind of exploit.

3. No barriers between nations anymore

The nation you choose is only your flag in battle and the position you start at in the map. Every safezone is your safezone and no nation is at war with each other.

4. A new alliancemechanic

A alliance is foundable by a clan. The founder can invite other clans to that alliance. The invited clan has to accept. 2 days until invite gets active and the clan is member of the alliance.

5. Conquest based on alliances

Hostility is created for the alliance. The port is owned by the alliance. Taxes go to the clan that made the most hostility.

New options get introduced. You can make the port available for all or available only for your alliance.

A new alliancechat is introduced.

Everyone in the alliance can access the PB.

6. There are still nations but the chat shouldn’t be present anymore

Instead there should be new chats possible:

• Regional (the region you are in)

• spanish

• russian

• german

• chinese

etc. … or just regional instead of nationchat.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

Oh and alliances have to be able to make another alliance to a ally.

We call it 'the super carebear alliance alliance'. Befriend everyone and you can't loose anymore. :)

Edited by Never Surrender

Just now, Never Surrender said:

We call it 'the super carebear alliance'. Befriend everyone and you can't loose anymore. :)

Thats possible now aswell. A alliancemechanic has to be in place and if a carebearalliance is forming other clans and alliances will form a counter against it

3 minutes ago, Never Surrender said:

We call it 'the super carebear alliance alliance'. Befriend everyone and you can't loose anymore. :)

Would like to add.

A carebearalliance was possible on global because the playerbase was too low

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Thats possible now aswell. A alliancemechanic has to be in place and if a carebearalliance is forming other clans and alliances will form a counter against it

Only because its possible right now, too, does not mean its a good system. You will always encounter a 'winning-team-joining' process. Therefor the winning team will get bigger and bigger, therefor less content for the winning-team, until players leave the game because it gets boring. Develop a mechanic that will counter this and the game gets a future.

2 minutes ago, Never Surrender said:

Only because its possible right now, too, does not mean its a good system. You will always encounter a 'winning-team-joining' process. Therefor the winning team will get bigger and bigger, therefor less content for the winning-team, until players leave the game because it gets boring. Develop a mechanic that will counter this and the game gets a future.

How does eve handle that?

There will be no game winner in NA. Yohr carebearalliance is possible since the start of NA. Some time with and without a actual alliancemechanic.

Right now there are alliances on the server aswell even though wenhave no mechanic for it.

"No barriers between nations anymore. Forged papers become useless"

Du nimmst den DEVS eine der vielleicht beste Optionen Geld zu verdienen und glaubst dann, nachdem schon einmal der Versuch eines clanbasierten NA abgelehnt worden war, die DEVS werden deinem neuen Konzept zustimmen?

Na da bin ich ja mal gespannt....

+++++++++++++++++

You might consider DEVS to be the best option to make money, and then, once the clan-based NA attempt has been rejected, the DEVS will agree to your new concept?

Well, I'm curious ....

Edited by Dominique Youx

1 minute ago, Dominique Youx said:

"No barriers between nations anymore. Forged papers become useless"

Du nimmst den DEVS die vielleicht beste Option Geld zu verdienen und glaubst dann, nachdem schon einmal der Versuch eines clanbasierten NA abgelehnt worden war, die DEVS werden deinem neuen Konzept zustimmen?

Na da bin ich ja mal gespannt....

+++++++++++++++++

You might consider DEVS to be the best option to make money, and then, once the clan-based NA attempt has been rejected, the DEVS will agree to your new concept?

Well, I'm curious ....

I dont take away anything from devs I just suggest my concept and I'm 100% surd that devs wont take it 100% but maybe they get some good ideas oht of it if they consider changing the mechanics.

Forged papers are a good way to get money I know. But nations realy limit the gameplay atm.

I would rather see them make money with skins than with forged papers

Just as with alliances breaking it last time around, I don't think it's going to go well on a global server. Semi-permanent national allegiance and denying as much cross-timezone RvR as possible is the only thing holding it together at the moment - to say that it "works" is a bit of a misnomer.

Wouldn't look forward to what the players would get up to with free-flowing clans and clan alliances, timezone monopoly 2.0.

Which is too bad since alliances and clan-based warfare is otherwise better and more interesting.

Edited by  Aegir

We proposed it some time ago ago and comments show that it exponentially increases griefing potential and removes the understanding of what is going on for the average player. 

Example
Clan joins one battle on your side and next battle against you
Clan joins the battle on your side and griefs you (right now there are only 2 sides in battle)

Basically - proper clan based RVR is impossible with instanced combat. It can only function in the seamless world where no time compression exists.

But maybe someone has a great idea that will solve those problems.

14 minutes ago, admin said:

We proposed it some time ago ago and comments show that it exponentially increases griefing potential and removes the understanding of what is going on for the average player. 

Example
Clan joins the battle on your side and griefs you (right now there are only 2 sides in battle)

Basically - proper clan based RVR is impossible with instanced combat. It can only function in the seamless world where no time compression exists.

question out of curiousity, why is not every battle a ffa battle with "friendly" marked ships in the map if they are in your group/battlegroup?

1 minute ago, rediii said:

question out of curiousity, why is not every battle a ffa battle with "friendly" marked ships in the map if they are in your group/battlegroup?

Because you sail for nation A and should expect all ships in nation A to be friendly (enforced by design or rules of the game)
majority of new players come to sail for Nation A o other.. Only later some of those players start considering options to expand content (for example fighting other clans).

And we did propose clan based rvr but based on comments this feature would make things a lot more complicated and messy. 

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Example

The current RVR situation is a consequence of several factors, in which are included several game mechanics as:

1. The introduction of impossible nations. When most of the community asked for less nations, and not more.

2. No alliance system in which nations could support their friends. Would be Cartagena-Somerset taken if spanish or french had outposts there?

3. The conquest competition for Victory Marks, which make people lose their head for having VM.

The captain doesn't win a "place" with a faction by actions ( like in Elite Dang. ) The captain chooses a nation at start.

I come to think...

"when you want to fight every clan in your nation YOU are in the wrong nation"

It’s not my game, i just bought the rights to test and play it as everyone, so Devs can do whatever they please, of course.

IMO i’d like the game will stay Nations based because Clan based works at its best with experienced players.

Let’s pretend that I bought the game today. I don’t know anything but what i read on Steam. I opened the game I see the little flag on the map: Great Britain, Spain, Sweden and so on. Very well: i choose a Nation and see what’s happen, i can switch Nation if i want to, later. 

Other scenario: i bought today the game and i see a lot of flags on the map. Every flag is a clan. Who are they? Why should i join “I am the best clan in the world” rather then “We kill alot” clan. I repeat: who are they? Why should i join them? 

It should be better the things will stay as now. 

That said, for the sake of testing, i am ready to test a clanbased game and what @rediiiwrote is ok, for me.

Just remember i don’t like the idea of a NA clan based.

My 2.000 cents (we have inflation ingame atm :D )

Edited by blubasso

56 minutes ago, admin said:

It can only function in the seamless world where no time compression exists.

that's my dream boy <3

29 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The captain doesn't win a "place" with a faction by actions ( like in Elite Dang. ) The captain chooses a nation at start.

I come to think...

"when you want to fight every clan in your nation YOU are in the wrong nation"

Where do I need to go when I want to fight every clan from any nation?

What happened to that 2nd Pirate "nation" they thought about to introduce (Republic of Pirates or smth)? If you go there you have no allies except your clan. No access to other ports from other clans of the same "nation", nothing. Just you and your clan vs the world.

35 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The current RVR situation is a consequence of several factors, in which are included several game mechanics as:

1. The introduction of impossible nations. When most of the community asked for less nations, and not more. Agreed tho I prefer the historical setting

2. No alliance system in which nations could support their friends. Would be Cartagena-Somerset taken if spanish or french had outposts there? You could've been there if you wanted to, wouldn't have made a difference - Spain got an OP near Carta and the french could've sailed there in less than an hour..

3. The conquest competition for Victory Marks, which make people lose their head for having VM. Agreed, conquest competition is the worst feature since the "treasure fleet" events..

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

Where do I need to go when I want to fight every clan from any nation?

Not in Naval Action for sure.

Sometimes we need to accept the games as they are.

As Admin said, maybe someone comes up with a refreshing idea.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

What happened to that 2nd Pirate "nation" they thought about to introduce (Republic of Pirates or smth)? If you go there you have no allies except your clan. No access to other ports from other clans of the same "nation", nothing. Just you and your clan vs the world.

We have Prussia ^^ We dont need another Pirate nation. Mayby Its time for EU map where all PVE and solo players can have fun. And then Caribbean region only for clan based RvR/PvP.

1 minute ago, GhastlyGhost said:

We have Prussia ^^ We dont need another Pirate nation. Mayby Its time for EU map where all PVE and solo players can have fun. And then Caribbean region only for clan based RvR/PvP.

We need a faction with different RoE so they can choose with who they play

1 hour ago, admin said:

Because you sail for nation A and should expect all ships in nation A to be friendly (enforced by design or rules of the game)
majority of new players come to sail for Nation A o other.. Only later some of those players start considering options to expand content (for example fighting other clans).

And we did propose clan based rvr but based on comments this feature would make things a lot more complicated and messy. 

Then I would suggest to go foward with the idea of a "nation" of outlaws. Able to create a clan and conquest with that clan. Able to attack everyone on the map.

Players joining a "outlaw" faction will understand it is a free for all faction.

14 minutes ago, rediii said:

Then I would suggest to go foward with the idea of a "nation" of outlaws. Able to create a clan and conquest with that clan. Able to attack everyone on the map.

Players joining a "outlaw" faction will understand it is a free for all faction.

Shouldn't it be the Pirates?^^

13 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Shouldn't it be the Pirates?^^

In theory yea but in reality all the kids go there. :D

2nd most populated nation I think?