Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Concept of clanbased RvR rediii

That's what the lady says when throwing THAT mischievous look...

" you kids and your toy ships "

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Prussia is not the ideal nation, there are so many things that can ruin it. Imagine suddenly 500 players joins Prussia. What can you do? Nothing, change nations again, quit the game?

Imagine sweden joining prussia. Suddenly prussia is 1st in conquest leaderboard and everyone is joining prussia now.

• Like 1

Yes! All ppl join a Nation and we do PvE for Combat Marks. 

Carebears won. I knew it. It’s all their fault: they are the Big Brother behind the scene. 

Edited by blubasso

10 minutes ago, blubasso said:

Yes! All ppl join a Nation and we do PvE for Combat Marks. 

Carebears won. I knew it. It’s all their fault: they are the Big Brother behind the scene. 

It is kinda true. As soon as somebody threatens the status quo, they have to die. I've seen it happen time and time again.

2-3 starter factions for new and casual players.  KPR, Havana and FR become de facto hubs where players can craft basic ships for grinding and what ever.  Should a player get bored he can buy a letter of marque from the admiralty and branch out into the conquest aspect of the game and join a war company/clan.  War companies need to conquer territory to craft better ships for PBs and stuff like that.  Players in nations can still craft “capital area ships” with basic stats.  Can go out to pvp wherever and venture out to the Freetown areas to trade and do Econ.  Everything is at their fingertips in the safe zone, but to get better stuff (like non oak only ships) they need to leave the zone and purchase them from other players

Said clan or company loses its ports, boom they go back to their respective nations safe zones and have to start all over again.  They have to purchase another letter of marque through the DLC, creating an income stream for the Devs.  Problem solved.  

Create a “black zone” “free town” area somewhere in the map that is like a pirate outlaw area where players can purchase stuff on a black market like ships, books or whatever.  This becomes the hot zone on the map.  To become pirate turns into a reputation thing. Hunt enough of your own faction and you get negative rep and kicked out of your nation.  Can only use black zones or free ports.  

Ships and goods can only be teleported from Freetowns creating a stready supply of traffic on the water.  

Clans can ally with other clans, creating alliances.  They however are limited in members. 

Rough draft of an idea, but sure sounds like a game I want to play. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Where do I need to go when I want to fight every clan from any nation?

What happened to that 2nd Pirate "nation" they thought about to introduce (Republic of Pirates or smth)? If you go there you have no allies except your clan. No access to other ports from other clans of the same "nation", nothing. Just you and your clan vs the world.

I think the current pirates pretty much is that Republic of pirates, it was the outlaws that never got split and the removal of outlaws battles (which was more being abused by other nations and there alts, not pirates) was remove kinda killed that.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

We need a faction with different RoE so they can choose with who they play

YOu know we have a lot of area in game that could of been used for a PvP safe zone, other factions wouldn't work, but that whole turning the gulf into a PvE safe zone and merging the servers really wasn't a bad ideal and Admin even mention about staying flagged so you can still be attacked in that zone, but all the PvE server guys cried (the whole what 100 of them) that they wouldn't get the WHOLE MAP and the PvP guys cried cause they wouldn't get to hunt every where either (this was before safe zones).  I honestly think PvE Server is a waist with having safe zones now.  Atleast until relase and they can proper work on a PvE only server and content for it.

13 minutes ago, Christendom said:

2-3 starter factions for new and casual players.  KPR, Havana and FR become de facto hubs where players can craft basic ships for grinding and what ever.  Should a player get bored he can buy a letter of marque from the admiralty and branch out into the conquest aspect of the game and join a war company/clan.  War companies need to conquer territory to craft better ships for PBs and stuff like that.  Players in nations can still craft “capital area ships” with basic stats.  Can go out to pvp wherever and venture out to the Freetown areas to trade and do Econ.  Everything is at their fingertips in the safe zone, but to get better stuff (like non oak only ships) they need to leave the zone and purchase them from other players

Said clan or company loses its ports, boom they go back to their respective nations safe zones and have to start all over again.  They have to purchase another letter of marque through the DLC, creating an income stream for the Devs.  Problem solved.  

Create a “black zone” “free town” area somewhere in the map that is like a pirate outlaw area where players can purchase stuff on a black market like ships, books or whatever.  This becomes the hot zone on the map.  To become pirate turns into a reputation thing. Hunt enough of your own faction and you get negative rep and kicked out of your nation.  Can only use black zones or free ports.  

Ships and goods can only be teleported from Freetowns creating a stready supply of traffic on the water.  

Clans can ally with other clans, creating alliances.  They however are limited in members. 

Rough draft of an idea, but sure sounds like a game I want to play. 

The core nations: GB, US, Spain, French should be easy for players to pick straight off with Dutch, Swede, Danes listed as Hard.   

Than you have Very hard mode would be:  Prussia, Russia, Poland if they are keep in the game.   Listed the warning they have no perm capital or safe zones.

Pirats should not be able to pick from start they should be turned in game like the old way where you become a pirate  by attacking a friendly nation ship.  Than use a reputation system if they want to return to a nation or well the DLC forge papers would be the only way to return.  The should not have RvR, they should only have Pirate haven perm ports (Kidds, Mort and a few other ports) that act as pretty much Freetowns (think the old Neutral towns every one could use).  Thus making them the true extreme mode.  I can see they could maybe own a port clan wise, but not as a nation.  Maybe even restrict them to one port per clan even, thus making it the haven port for that clan.

I think we both have been on the same pages about pirates lately.  That or make them privateers that can be hired out by other nations.  Think of Merc Units in Mech Warrior ONline if any one has played that.  They get a -+ to xp and gold depending if they join a high pop nation or low pop.  They only get to work with that nation for a week at a time on contract.

@admin the blunt trueth is priates should not be a nation per say, they should have a mechnic of there own and something diffrent from all the other actual nations.  I honestly thought the new nation thing was a way to test out how to do new pirate mechanics that we may get some time in the future  instead of them being some bastard nation.

I like @Christendom's proposal, and I've thrown out similar ideas in the past. But I don't see the dev's implementing something as complex as that before release.

Instead I suggest something simpler but very flexible here, that can be accomplished without changes in ROE, just a couple tweaks to clan UI and some logic checks on friendly/enemy clan tags:

To summarize it here, because I think it's do-able:

Allow at the clan management interface to specify any clan, regardless of nation, as friendly. By default all players from another nation would be red/enemy. But, if both clans from different nations have declared each other as friendly then they'd turn green and all of a sudden those clans could join each other's side in port battles and battle instances.

A modification of this would be to allow access to friendly clan's ports.

But for resolving within nation beefs, you could have a "hostile" clan list, as @vazco proposed. Within a nation if either of two clans had the other listed hostile then you're an enemy/red and can be tagged. These battles are only open to members of the nation and have a "Join [VCO]" or "Join [Insert your name here]" button.

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I like @Christendom's proposal, and I've thrown out similar ideas in the past. But I don't see the dev's implementing something as complex as that before release.

Instead I suggest something simpler but very flexible here, that can be accomplished without changes in ROE, just a couple tweaks to clan UI and some logic checks on friendly/enemy clan tags:

To summarize it here, because I think it's do-able:

Allow at the clan management interface to specify any clan, regardless of nation, as friendly. By default all players from another nation would be red/enemy. But, if both clans from different nations have declared each other as friendly then they'd turn green and all of a sudden those clans could join each other's side in port battles and battle instances.

A modification of this would be to allow access to friendly clan's ports.

But for resolving within nation beefs, you could have a "hostile" clan list, as @vazco proposed. Within a nation if either of two clans had the other listed hostile then you're an enemy/red and can be tagged. These battles are only open to members of the nation and have a "Join [VCO]" or "Join [Insert your name here]" button.

the tricky part is OW behaviour.

Can your friendly spanish clan join your side vs other spanish guys?

Why should your friendly spanish clan be able to join portbattles against other spanish clans?

etc. stuff like that

1 minute ago, rediii said:

the tricky part is OW behaviour.

Can your friendly spanish clan join your side vs other spanish guys?

Why should your friendly spanish clan be able to join portbattles against other spanish clans?

etc. stuff like that

The question is, why shouldn't they?  If they did, then that clan would likely go immediately on your clan's "hostile" list right?

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The question is, why shouldn't they?  If they did, then that clan would likely go immediately on your clan's "hostile" list right?

Sorry missed that part somehow.

But what with clanless players? Not able to be hostile to them?

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Sorry missed that part somehow.

But what with clanless players? Not able to be hostile to them?

I would say no. They belong to the nation they belong to, can't take part in RvR aside from screening (spying if they're an alt), remain separate from the politics and inner workings of the nation, etc.  Basically they function as they do now.

• Like 1

Then nation flags doesnt matter. So why not go fully clan based and remove nations?

I cant understand and do not like the current mix of clan based rvr with national identity. I need a flag to identify and fight for. That mustn't be a nation flag, maybe better would be a unique clan alliance flag to fight for. I want to know my friends and my enemies.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, rediii said:
  • No “national” chat anymore but regional chat instead.

Mate, that remember me the historical post ships, which were going since one region to other to give the information... That can give some more movement in sea, with ships that send the information to others regions. More realistic... Just imagine...

Are we going to get a rouge status at some point in game? so that a nation could attack a rouge clan and eliminate it , perhaps this could be incorporated by reintroducing National Alliances in game , and making it so that if a player attacks an allied player of another nation he becomes rouge. keeps his nationality status but gets marked and can be attacked freely by the assaulted nation, also to be attacked by friendly nation if not in a trader. And also if your rouge status gets too high to become pirate and or a major reduction in rank.

Any thoughts on this?

I believe this to be more complex than the current state of the political system in game as it stands, however it would, I believe, result in a more orderly form of structured gameplay with the appropriation of a fair system of punishment for those that team kill friendlies.

I have seen many players get killed in game by players that bomb missions, I feel that this could be a solution to team killers also.

Let me know what you think.

And remember mates, attack the weak, and take them.

Attack the strong, and control.

Good luck Captains and may you find your fortune, for mine comes by sea.

LIONOFWALES