Game-Labs Forum

Port Wipe

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

While joining an established server with a map that was pretty much already set was an annoyance, it's a small price to pay for having a merge and everyone back together on one global server.  Numbers seemed to have leveled off and stabilized with a steady 650+ population most evenings and peaks over 700.  Far better than before the merge.  Even anti mergers like the famous Lars @Bearwall have returned, despite vowing to never come back.  They always do.  

Doesn't really peak at 700, haven't since before the merge and EU daytime numbers are the same as before.. The two pops hardly inteeracts, if ever - which is why the regional servers are a better idea..

8 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Doesn't really peak at 700, haven't since before the merge and EU daytime numbers are the same as before.. The two pops hardly inteeracts, if ever - which is why the regional servers are a better idea..

it was over 700 this past monday during the carta/somerset battles.  It was also over 700 when you nation attacked france down at carriacou.  

#whyareyoualwayswrong

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

it was over 700 this past monday during the carta/somerset battles.  It was also over 700 when you nation attacked france down at carriacou.  

#whyareyoualwayswrong

So.. on average the merge did nothing for the playerbase and the numbers went above 700 twice this week because of important PBs? Hardly a testiment to the success of the global server..

#globalserverfailedsowehadamergetotestitalloveragainanditsstillfailing

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

So.. on average the merge did nothing for the playerbase and the numbers went above 700 twice this week because of important PBs? Hardly a testiment to the success of the global server..

Player counts are constantly high. The lows are not as bad as they use to be. Pre- merge you could go as low as 80 players at night. That's 80 people on the entire map. Try PvP in back then as an off peak player. 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Flinch said:

Player counts are constantly high. The lows are not as bad as they use to be. Pre- merge you could go as low as 80 players at night. That's 80 people on the entire map. Try PvP in back then as an off peak player. 

Try PvP now in any tz.. reinforcementzones basically killed non-RvR PvP.

7 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

which are not related to the merge.

14 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

pre merge population would barely crack 500.  

Thank us later.

PS - why after vowing to quit yet again, did you return?

Just now, Christendom said:

PS - why after vowing to quit yet again, did you return?

Because I was asked to.. And I missed your ugly posts and very uncreative insults.. 

#USeducationalsystemneedsmassivereforms

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It depends if you're East or West Coast...

East is one hour a head of me, west coast is two hours behind me making it even more early morning.  Man you really should learn time zones before thinking it's our eveings.  Again we can only play those times on the weekends unless your jobless or like me work a night shift.  Even than my hours doesn't match EU as that is when I sleep and by time US prime time start kicking I'm heading out the door for work.  Though my point is most of those timers you mention are not any one US prime times for the most part.

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

#Globalserverfailed

EURO Bias is what failed things.  

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I do not see there need to be a port wipe based upon what Global players wanting ports. I only side "slightly" on the view of port wipe because of the various changing of clans to different factions creating an undesired port vacuums, the factions are completely different from the start of the merger. Prussia, Dutch, and France being good examples of this. Then there is forged papers which have disrupted any chance of stability in the servers division of the population. If any port wipe before release occurs it needs to be done after the removal of forged papers in everyone's redeemable and made into dlc content.

Another big problem is how many ports have not been touched since the wipe and owned by nations?  They really should do a port wipe when they bring out the new conquest mechanics to restart it so it's fair for all nations and all clans to get new ports and chance at there VM limit.   I bet you if a few nations have to refight for there ports they might show just how week they really are with numbers.  That is why they don't want a wipe.  Kinda seems odd the only way most of the big ports are getting won right now is with multi flips and multi nation screens.  

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I would say let's wipe everything. XP (which can be returned upon release, fulfilling the dev's promise), ships, gold, ports, mods, books, etc.  Let's test the new player experience! :ducks: :ph34r:

Oh dear lord can I murder you now for even suggesting it? I really do not plan to do that grind again.  Hell I'll be honest that if we have to regrind ship knowledge upon release it might be a deal breaker for me to lol

33 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

They do at Bermuda and the hidden island.

Can't see hidden island times, but I'm sure flatts was changed recently it use to be on EU timer like the rest of Russia ports.  

12 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Really cause combat news pretty much says other wise. It's scrolling all day long.  Trying again buddy. Take a look at how many kills are in reinforcementzones area.  Nouvelle-Orleans, Fort-Royal, KPR....this is just since I logged on 2 hours ago.  It stays constant through out the day and US eves.

F62368D38A5C213D706FBCF4982B1095C44F969E

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

no matter how many times you say you're gonna quit tittybaby, you always come back to me.

Ehm.. does this mean we're in an abusive relationship? I'm really confused now.. Who am I? where am I? What are my sexuality and why didn't I find out in puberty?

37 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

@Sir Texas Sir why not just grab a few of the ports that's gone neutral if you don't have the balls to take a contested port..

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

maybe cause there was no neutral ports until this morning?   You say that like there are neutral ports all the time. 

like i said in my earlier post, prepare for butt hurt eu players with less of a fact checker than Hillary Clinton. 

That aside. Bearwall, Texas is not afraid of pvp either way. take it from someone from one of the few nations that did fight BLACK back, even though we were vastly outnumbered once other nations couldnt join our PBs. And when they could BLACK still won most of the time, probably 90% of the time, because they were well organized. 

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

Sigh.

What is the global gaming population + population like myself who otherwise plays no games but is interested because of this games theme?

Some may have quit because of timers or lack of but the reasons why we don’t have 2k, 3k, 10k or greater players at any one time are far more complex than timers.

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

like i said in my earlier post, prepare for butt hurt eu players with less of a fact checker than Hillary Clinton. 

That aside. Bearwall, Texas is not afraid of pvp either way. take it from someone from one of the few nations that did fight BLACK back, even though we were vastly outnumbered once other nations couldnt join our PBs. And when they could BLACK still won most of the time, probably 90% of the time, because they were well organized. 

I'm actually pretty dang rusty with all these new changes and me taking some time away from the game, though we are no where at the level of the old BLACK prime days but the key has always been good team work and organization in fights will win most the time even when out number and your playing two accounts at once (refuse to dualbox port battles again).  Though the point of my comments was we where as a clan looking for our piece of the pie and you had to go across the map to no man land (DUTCH) or into hostile waters and try to take a deep water when you just want a simple shallow to test the waters.  Though that is prob going to change soon as some clan merges and movements are in the work to get some better fights and resources (like recruits).  Believe me we plan to start up our own little war but all ready expect certain EU clans to freak out and gang up to stop from loosing a port or two.

20 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Sigh.

What is the global gaming population + population like myself who otherwise plays no games but is interested because of this games theme?

Some may have quit because of timers or lack of but the reasons why we don’t have 2k, 3k, 10k or greater players at any one time are far more complex than timers.

What they don't look at is the over all day numbers.  The server numbers might not peek to much over prime time numbers, but it holds a good steady numbers in other times.  Even more than GLOBAL had in it's prime time so that means your still getting more players than you had before the merge, just might not notice it in ones time zone cause a player isn't on in the others.  I'll honestly admit I hated it when the EU server was over 1K cause back than you couldn't leave a port and piss off your deck without getting ganked by half a dozen ships with nothing better to do than kill newbs.  I lost a lot of ships early on cause of this and they where mainly 1 vs 6 fights that I had no chance of even cause they all out classed me ship wise back than.  That is why I left and went to the PvP2 server when they split to the PvP3 server.

I also think it's funny most the guys that complain about timers and PvP you never hear or see out playing in the OW.  They are all over here on the forums though.  I wonder if they know you have to actually leave a port to get fights?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Strong players on an underpopulated server says nothing about their skills on a populated server..

1 hour ago, Farrago said:

Sigh.

I won't deny that - but the regional server were functioning and the global wasn't.. atm we've seen timers being used for many things, among others to avoid PBs.. The dutch nation is basically a nation of cowards - a group larger than DK/NG but putting nighttime timers to avoid fighting against us.. And when flipped in EU night they don't show..

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

I won't deny that - but the regional server were functioning and the global wasn't.. atm we've seen timers being used for many things, among others to avoid PBs.. The dutch nation is basically a nation of cowards - a group larger than DK/NG but putting nighttime timers to avoid fighting against us.. And when flipped in EU night they don't show..

Their loss then. 

3 minutes ago, Flinch said:

Their loss then. 

Everybody loses - they lose a port, morale, any claim of being just a decent nation and we lose the time it takes to do host and has to sit around in an empty PB for 32 mins.. Nobody wins anything and everyone loses - if they wanted to go PvE there's still an entire server for them..

16 hours ago, Bearwall said:

We are larger than the Danes? Damn. Wish I could find a magical group of 25 to put together

44 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

We are larger than the Danes? Damn. Wish I could find a magical group of 25 to put together

According to the devs and the unique log-ins you are.. And I believe (read - believe) that the former RUS and RDNN captains still have a lot of alts in Denmark-Norway that would inflate DK/NGs numbers but wouldn't be an asset in RvR or PvP.. Why anyone would have a dutch alt is beyond me.. Nothing to trade, no large clans that has switched side (CABAL are good players but doesn't really match RUS or RDNN in numbers), so why would anyone have a dutch alt? Try to organize the playerbase - a great way to do this is to make port battles, so you should be happy - we will be giving you guys a reason to find a new sense of community..

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

According to the devs and the unique log-ins you are.. And I believe (read - believe) that the former RUS and RDNN captains still have a lot of alts in Denmark-Norway that would inflate DK/NGs numbers but wouldn't be an asset in RvR or PvP.. Why anyone would have a dutch alt is beyond me.. Nothing to trade, no large clans that has switched side (CABAL are good players but doesn't really match RUS or RDNN in numbers), so why would anyone have a dutch alt? Try to organize the playerbase - a great way to do this is to make port battles, so you should be happy - we will be giving you guys a reason to find a new sense of community..

i know why our unique log ins are so high, but im not going to tell you why. long story short, they arent players that can, or will participate in anything. they are either clanless and refuse to talk or communicate back when messaged, or are something else. Trust me when I say that there is a much larger story behind that unique log in bs. Because I have only ever seen 25 dutch right as us Americans are logging on, and only for 20 minutes at a time due to the time zome difference. whereas you danes have literally a larger fleet solely in our dutchs' own waters than we do more often than not. 

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Though that is prob going to change soon as some clan merges and movements are in the work to get some better fights and resources (like recruits).  Believe me we plan to start up our own little war but all ready expect certain EU clans to freak out and gang up to stop from loosing a port or two.

Interesting. I agree, lets show them something to actually complain about. 

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm actually pretty dang rusty with all these new changes and me taking some time away from the game, though we are no where at the level of the old BLACK prime days but the key has always been good team work and organization in fights will win most the time even when out number and your playing two accounts at once (refuse to dualbox port battles again).  Though the point of my comments was we where as a clan looking for our piece of the pie and you had to go across the map to no man land (DUTCH) or into hostile waters and try to take a deep water when you just want a simple shallow to test the waters.  Though that is prob going to change soon as some clan merges and movements are in the work to get some better fights and resources (like recruits).  Believe me we plan to start up our own little war but all ready expect certain EU clans to freak out and gang up to stop from loosing a port or two.

What they don't look at is the over all day numbers.  The server numbers might not peek to much over prime time numbers, but it holds a good steady numbers in other times.  Even more than GLOBAL had in it's prime time so that means your still getting more players than you had before the merge, just might not notice it in ones time zone cause a player isn't on in the others.  I'll honestly admit I hated it when the EU server was over 1K cause back than you couldn't leave a port and piss off your deck without getting ganked by half a dozen ships with nothing better to do than kill newbs.  I lost a lot of ships early on cause of this and they where mainly 1 vs 6 fights that I had no chance of even cause they all out classed me ship wise back than.  That is why I left and went to the PvP2 server when they split to the PvP3 server.

I also think it's funny most the guys that complain about timers and PvP you never hear or see out playing in the OW.  They are all over here on the forums though.  I wonder if they know you have to actually leave a port to get fights?

I seen you picked up kingdom come deliverance...surprised you have time for anything else.  I'm enjoying training up my bohunk.