Game-Labs Forum

Port Wipe

^the racist euro players don’t want the global players to have the chance is the thing. I just love their society. Criticisms galore about America and it’s intolerant nature. Lmao. And yet this is how they treat others 😂 like God forbid they have to recruit US players to their nation to cover a time zone? And especially since we set our own PB timers? 

or its because they don’t want to try and are the real care bears. Take your pick. 

Just now, rediii said:

I find it interesting how you read all that from my post. You are a realy talented person. :)

I find it interesting you think I even saw your name here at all 😂😂😂😂 literally wasn’t even talking about your post evena smidge. I was talking about the barrage of eu players that are about to cry it’s a bad idea because it’s unfair. 

Rediii, in short I literally couldn’t care less about you, I’m sorry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Nice personaljty, keep it for yourself

I’ll keep it for those beyond egotistical people that think everything is about them, for which I don’t care about. *shrugs* 

i mean you literally didn’t even read ballofsteels post inbetween your post and mine. You literally saw a response and could only think it was about you, when it very clearly was not. I have nothing more to say about that.

but really, I do believe it is time that we have a map wipe. If the global players aren’t as significant as the EU players say, then most the map will be owned by eu anyway, and that will settle that. 

41 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I find it interesting you think I even saw your name here at all 😂😂😂😂 literally wasn’t even talking about your post evena smidge. I was talking about the barrage of eu players that are about to cry it’s a bad idea because it’s unfair. 

Rediii, in short I literally couldn’t care less about you, I’m sorry. 

You wanted the merge with timers for PB, you got it.

The merge was due to the fact that YOU were not enough players in your server. In EU server - on the contrary - we did not need more players at all to play our game.

So the merge was asked by YOU and Devs made it in YOUR interest.

It was clear since the very beginning that the merge would have led to the situation we are facing now.

Check the numbers of players in EU prime time and in US prime time and draw your conclusions.

So, please, do no come here asking for more: just play your night games with your friends where and when you can, but leave us alone.

Port wipe would mean the waste of months of efforts and struggles of all the factions in the old EU server.

Why we should support such a proposal?

Edited by victor

2 hours ago, Toto Cabbage said:

Global players have multiple targets to attack atm. whole Dutch coast, France, some GB ports.

Euhhh.. what is a global player? Are the French, Brits, and dutch (well maybe not the dutch), no part of the global community anymore ?

as long as we float ,we all exist.

OT:and the day of the port wipe ,well that day will be called the: " Cartagena Run"

[i hope this is not to salty, rediiiii]

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, victor said:

Port wipe would mean the waste of months of efforts and struggles of all the factions in the old EU server.

It's Alpha none of that matters. All of that struggle was testing.

Before release I would expect a map reset with new victory conditions put in place. 

3 minutes ago, William Wade said:

It's Alpha none of that matters. All of that struggle was testing.

Before release I would expect a map reset with new victory conditions put in place. 

At the release it's ok, but now - just beacuse US players whine - it is not.

20 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

> US has night timers

> Russia has night timers

> France has night timers

> Dutch entire nation has night timers

You still say you got no chance? Maybe try to set a PB, instead of only trying to capture neutral port in PvE PB.

US has what like 6-7 ports like they need to loose any more.  Russia does not have any US time zone ports.  France does by the looks at it but way over in the BFE area.  Same with Dutch but man some of those are even late for us.  I just wonder why so much of the Bahama is owned by one clan and why so shitty PB timers?  It's really hard for us to pick targets and get a piece of a pie when almost every thing on the map is in EU time.  As Russia and  US time zone clan I was looking at targets early this week for maybe taking one port for our clan and it's very slim pickings.  Was hoping for some shallows but even most of that is all odd times even for the EU's.  

I honestly think there should be some limit of owner ship clan wise so that one or two clans can't own majority of the ports and gives smaller clans of any time zones chance at one or two ports.  Right now if a small clan tries to take one port they get jump by half the servers and silly alliances. I was told don't even try GB Shallow ports cause I would have Swede Pirates and others screeening for them and have to fight through 75+ screeners to even get in.  We are talking about a none key port not something like Cart or a copper ports. So that doesn't really encourage small clans of any time zones to try to get into RvR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

this will change soon once new VM conditions will be deployed

That why I mention limit of owned ports a clan to can own might be something to look at too.  That way one clan or even a mega can can't own all the port or keep small clans from having a few ports here are there.  The time zone thing didn't bother me to much as we can do things on weekends and maybe get some EU help it's the fact that you have to fight half the server to get even a shallow water port if you piss off the wrong clan.  That just kills it for any small clan when the whole reason for the smaller BR is to give them a chance.

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

4-7 is not late for me that is 10am to 1pm for me.....I'm asleep during those hours cause I work 3rd shift, but most normal Americans are at work during those hours so that is not a prime time for a US player.  Same with 3-6 would be 9am-noon, 2-5 would be 8am- 11am........are you getting my point mid day on a weekend might work, but most of us don't just play just on the weekend.  Actually I play more on the week days than weekend at times.  I'm not exactly sure where you get mid day port timers are US night time.  I think you got it backwards or something. UTC is 6 hours a head of me as I'm CST.   Might want to work on that math a bit...lol  Than again your talking about the dutch, so maybe you where using Dutch Math?

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

US has what like 6-7 ports like they need to loose any more.  Russia does not have any US time zone ports.  France does by the looks at it but way over in the BFE area.  Same with Dutch but man some of those are even late for us.  I just wonder why so much of the Bahama is owned by one clan and why so shitty PB timers?  It's really hard for us to pick targets and get a piece of a pie when almost every thing on the map is in EU time.  As Russia and  US time zone clan I was looking at targets early this week for maybe taking one port for our clan and it's very slim pickings.  Was hoping for some shallows but even most of that is all odd times even for the EU's.  

I honestly think there should be some limit of owner ship clan wise so that one or two clans can't own majority of the ports and gives smaller clans of any time zones chance at one or two ports.  Right now if a small clan tries to take one port they get jump by half the servers and silly alliances. I was told don't even try GB Shallow ports cause I would have Swede Pirates and others screeening for them and have to fight through 75+ screeners to even get in.  We are talking about a none key port not something like Cart or a copper ports. So that doesn't really encourage small clans of any time zones to try to get into RvR.

#Globalserverfailed

3 hours ago, admin said:

this will change soon once new VM conditions will be deployed

Perhaps it would prevent stuck conditions (where too many ports are “locked” behind timers) if there was a limit to the number of timers a nation can place.

In fact, make it based on the “difficulty” level of a nation. You can place timers on half the number of ports you have in a safe zone. For example, the Dutch have 4 safe ports. We could place (and pay for) timers on 2 additional ports. I don’t know how many Spain has but let’s say 30. They could place 15 timers. “Impossible” nations are impossible. They have no protected ports so could place no timers.

Edited by Farrago

I do not see there need to be a port wipe based upon what Global players wanting ports. I only side "slightly" on the view of port wipe because of the various changing of clans to different factions creating an undesired port vacuums, the factions are completely different from the start of the merger. Prussia, Dutch, and France being good examples of this. Then there is forged papers which have disrupted any chance of stability in the servers division of the population. If any port wipe before release occurs it needs to be done after the removal of forged papers in everyone's redeemable and made into dlc content.

• Like 1

While joining an established server with a map that was pretty much already set was an annoyance, it's a small price to pay for having a merge and everyone back together on one global server.  Numbers seemed to have leveled off and stabilized with a steady 650+ population most evenings and peaks over 700.  Far better than before the merge.  Even anti mergers like the famous Lars @Bearwall have returned, despite vowing to never come back.  They always do.  

• Like 2