Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Announcement on the Legends server status and long downtime

Recommended Posts

Captains.

Thank you for the participation in the first stage of stability and gameplay systems testing in Naval Action Legends. We appreciate your time, your input and your feedback. You are as awesome as you have always been! 

Servers will be stopped on Thursday 15th of February at 13-00 Pm kiev time for 1-2 months at least for the following reasons. 

  • Development of potentially exciting new game types incorporating capturable forts and towers.
  • Implementation and merge of the new sailing model from NA (including leeway)
  • Progression rework and improvements
  • Final tutorial integration

Thank you very much again.

We will keep you posted on the progress in this section of the forum. 

  • Like 25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was fun while it lasted, thanks for letting us participate and I look foreword to its new iteration. It was already great, you guys did a good job...thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for Legends!

I guess lots of people will, like @b.westall like it more than the "main" game, because it is quick fun.

In my humble opinion it is a perfect addition to Naval Action, but never could replace it. I am the type of gamer who prefers Diablo to Dota ;), so the main game is my choice. Nevertheless Legends is fun and if the two help each other (e.g. keeping players on their ships and not leave for something else at all, keep people who just want to fight others from ruining new players experience,...), I think I'll keep supporting both!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin & @slik

 

Like the other players comments I really enjoyed NA-L a lot more than I thought. The events and playing with the whole NA community was brilliant. The dreaded FORT Capture circle, rage quitters and hating the Renommee, some funny highlights. @admin and team a real good job well done. Can’t wait for the updated with sailing physics and UI and tutorial and FORT capture...

I think my “Norfolk nLegend does Grinder...!” Guide will need a big over haul. Title is just wrong on all sorts of levels lol.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/24680-norfolk-nlegend-does-grinder/

 

Please are you seriously going to make this player wait till April 15th before he can suffer the new grind you’ve envisaged for him?

I’m No F**king Legend but in the meantime @admin if you fancy a fight [PvP Caribbean] Aves you’ll find me. Really though, what chance do you think you’ve got?

 

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

 

Edited by Norfolk nChance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.03.2018 at 10:05 AM, Rychu Karas said:

we have got 15th of March, any sight on a resume the service?

Dear Captains

The goals of NAL were to:

  • Remove the open world (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the gear fear (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the unbalanced battles and ganking (with all their negatives)
  • Remove time wasting and hunting 
  • Provide the pure unspoiled experience of pure combat.

10,000 captains tried Naval Action Legends. Approximately 7000 of them got to the second level ship. 6 Captains have reached the Santisima Trinidad. Numbers usually do not lie and despite being a theoretically better game on paper, it did not have player retention compared with Naval Action with all the ganking, sailing, unbalanced fights, and complete lack of UI. It just could not keep players, forcing those who stayed to fight with bots, repeating the situation with the original sea trials. 

As a result, Naval Action Legends idea is temporarily put on hold. 

Several best ideas from the NAL will be brought into Naval Action in the future: specifically tournaments, challenges, the seamanship experience, and officers. Learnings from NAL will be applied to NA; with the main overreaching goal - fill the world with players, remove gear fear, and reward players for action (not only for kills). 

Inexpensive limited feature edition of NA will be introduced in the future that will increase the amount of players in the world, giving the NAL experience of non stop battles against players, in the world filled with players. 

PS. Regarding the new game type that was prototyped. Testing shown that all game types that could keep players would revolve around new content and adding that new content to 2 games is wasteful.

Adrenaline, the feel of the hunt, or being hunted gives a lot more spice to battles and our current plan is basically give this NAL feeling (ability to quickly jump to combat and recover losses quickly) in one game without splitting the audience in two.

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, admin said:

Dear Captains

The goals of NAL were to:

  • Remove the open world (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the gear fear (with all its negatives)
  • Remove the unbalanced battles and ganking (with all their negatives)
  • Remove time wasting and hunting 
  • Provide the pure unspoiled experience of pure combat.

10,000 captains tried Naval Action Legends. Approximately 7000 of them got to the second level ship. 6 Captains have reached the Santisima Trinidad. Numbers usually do not lie and despite being a theoretically better game on paper, it did not have player retention compared with Naval Action with all the ganking, sailing, unbalanced fights, and complete lack of UI. It just could not keep players, forcing those who stayed to fight with bots, repeating the situation with the original sea trials. 

As a result, Naval Action Legends idea is temporarily put on hold. 

Several best ideas from the NAL will be brought into Naval Action in the future: specifically tournaments, challenges, the seamanship experience, and officers. Learnings from NAL will be applied to NA; with the main overreaching goal - fill the world with players, remove gear fear, and reward players for action (not only for kills). 

Inexpensive limited feature edition of NA will be introduced in the future that will increase the amount of players in the world, giving the NAL experience of non stop battles against players, in the world filled with players. 

PS. Regarding the new game type that was prototyped. Testing shown that all game types that could keep players would revolve around new content and adding that new content to 2 games is wasteful.

Adrenaline, the feel of the hunt, or being hunted gives a lot more spice to battles and our current plan is basically give this NAL feeling (ability to quickly jump to combat and recover losses quickly) in one game without splitting the audience in two.

I like the decision but hope that Eco and feeling of value of ships and shiploss isn't gonna vanish from NA

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit i was one of those that never made it to my second ship.  Simply put there is enough arena games out there I didn't have any interest in doing this one too as an arena after Beta/Alpha testing many of the WoT titles.  Love the ships, love the age, but I like the open world sailing not arena style combat.   If I want Arena style combat for ships I'll go play WoWs instead.  Which I haven't really even played since it's releases since I was part of the closed beta and it just never caught my interest.

Now is it a bad concept?  I don't think it was, just don't think this is it's time.  Wait until NA is released.  Than add it later as an edition to the base game or stand alone for discounted price for those that want something.  Hell It could be prob like the WoT BLITZ and made simpler so you can play it on console and tablets?

On 3/15/2018 at 3:05 AM, Rychu Karas said:

we have got 15th of March, any sight on a resume the service?

They did say 1-2 months, it has just barely been one month.  Though you got your answer pretty much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Small Battles and Tournaments in NA, but NAL felt like a totally different game than NA. I also didn't quite like the "game types" it had with weird capture zones like in PB or forts. Some stuff was overdone in NAL, that's it. What I really liked was auto-maintenance (automatic repair of the ship), some new skills/knowledge or whatever you want to call it and few other small things that are not in NA. The Battle interface scoreboard was horrible, I have no idea why you didn't copy it from NA (TAB info). Chats were kinda buggy for some time lowering the quality and chance to communicate with other NAL players. The worst thing from all I would actually point out match-making. Not going to cry about bots, but even with players match-making was disappointing and that's the most important thing in arena lobby based games. Another really annoying thing is that you had to start with small cannons on big ships and you had to level them up to use bigger cannons. Using 4-6-9pd cannons on big ships was just a silly joke, making XP grind a horrible "experience" on bigger ships.

Edited by Trashed Privateer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think PvP events can fit the balanced fights etc. thing NAL had. With BR limits in these zones you can make these events into small scale pvp events with balanced BR while keeping big scale battles to the OW, hostility and portbattles.

Tournaments would have to be a lobby though I guess.

NA should be the game you can start and do anything you can think of in sailingships.

Maybe even implement a event where everyone sails a lynx, where no autoskipper is possible and you have to sail a course. Racemode is something I think could be funny

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally the recent changes to NA start to make sense. Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped play NAL when i understood that sailing model and physics of NAL and NA is not equal.

But it's good news because developers of NAL can join to NA development team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol 6 players reached the santi, all that pve 

I stopped at the essex cause there were barely any other players in frigates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, admin said:

Adrenaline, the feel of the hunt, or being hunted gives a lot more spice to battles and our current plan is basically give this NAL feeling (ability to quickly jump to combat and recover losses quickly) in one game without splitting the audience in two.

This is a fantastic idea or intention.

But what an emotional rollercoaster! ;) I've always loved NA:OW but I admit I've not always been able to deal with the PvP aversion that made OW more about downtime than funtime.

18 minutes ago, admin said:

it did not have player retention

I doubt that means much as all captains who participated knew they would have to grind again after release. The retention numbers of the testing phase we did was rigged to fail, so to speak. I had faith in future player retention of NA:L after a f2p release with no further progress wipes.

All I care about in NA is to fight other players. Full. hello kittying. Stop.

If I can plop down at my computer, fire up NA, go out and find human players who happily accepts the fight; win or lose, then we have reached NA nirvana.

I'm scared, tho. I was looking forward to a care-free environment where everything revolves around "The Fight". Now I have to re-adjust myself to deal with the clear and present dangers that eco, consequences, value, "depth" and "meaning" pose to fun-loving PvP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jodgi said:

 

I'm scared, tho. I was looking forward to a care-free environment where everything revolves around "The Fight". Now I have to re-adjust myself to deal with the clear and present dangers that eco, consequences, value, "depth" and "meaning" pose to fun-loving PvP.

The new idea is that an active pvp player should be able to get everything from the government. Crafters can just give you this content faster and cheaper, or give you access to ships of the line, but the rest should be available from the government if you sink enemies of the state in patrols or elsewhere. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

...active pvp ...

sounds very reasonable. Just hope that gank squading will not be the meta. Really looking forward for an better RoE in PvP event zones.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

The new idea is that an active pvp player should be able to get everything from the government. Crafters can just give you this content faster and cheaper, or give you access to ships of the line, but the rest should be available from the government if you sink enemies of the state in patrols or elsewhere. 

I sure you need more people who will read tribunal and check players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×