Game-Labs Forum

The Death of a Nation

Nelsons Barrel

38 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Third option is to exchange a bad rule by a better rule. Therefore one has to convince admin or who ever sets the rule. If the arguments are not convincing enough one cannot blame other players for accepting the rules how they are. That shows a character of personal superiority. Denying others using a game play which is in accordance with the rules is the biggest source of hate in this game.

You hear that guys? Using exploits shows you have superior character!

That's the biggest load of bullshit you have spouted so far. Goddamn you should work for the Ministry of Truth [1]

Edited by Knobby
spelling

8 hours ago, staun said:

Lets us not skin the Russian Bear before it is actually dead. 

We may not like some of the key players in the nation ore the way they have acted. But never the less they do deserve credit in building a nation and make a top contender. Hope we will se them bounce back(ofc not to much)

Agreed ^ and to all the forum pvp'ers out there - this is class act..

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

If you’re gonna do something, do it right.  Learn from the best. 

Yet shockingly I’ve had zero in game or chat bans.  Can you say the same?

Weren't you demoted due to the debacle at Cap Francais? - no chat bans, but a cheat conviction... I may remember wrongly though but I do seem to recall you were in cap francais..

Good to see the mudslinging is the main content still. Left the game because of toxicity. So much salt. If we can somehow convert this forum to ingame pvp/rvr this would be a good game. Still waiting for better times. Carry on gentleman. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I still dont understand why you guys joined all that "strategic timers" bullshit after you were on the oposing side of night flips and were fine with all the mechanic abuse.

Same with anolytic. I thought you were better and looking for a nice game.

But maybe my view is just percieved by being on the enemy side....

Anolytic is looking  for a better game. He takes a break. Yersterday we wasnt enough player. He was only online for the pb. 

The same with me. I m only online for importent defence pb.

The game is at the moment very boring.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Weren't you demoted due to the debacle at Cap Francais? - no chat bans, but a cheat conviction... I may remember wrongly though but I do seem to recall you were in cap francais..

Same can be said more recently about Danes and Swedes.

Your point?

22 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Read it again, mate.

Ah yes I did misread that. Well, as you say all rules are open to interpretation because no rule can be worded perfectly to include all possible situations, it's true. That is why judges often consider what is called the spirit of the law, as well as the letter of the law.

This is also why often there are more generally worded rules or laws that do not try to pin down specific situations but instead say for example that in traffic you are not supposed to hinder or endanger other people without specifying all the different ways in how you could hinder or endanger. Naval action has just such a rule:

Exploits and game breaking bugs.

It is the responsibility of captains to report exploits and game breaking bugs. If you found something that allows you to receive abnormal amounts of XP, money or goods - please report this by using F11 or on the forum. Its ok if you used that bug for testing reasons and reported all cases to us. It is not ok to use the exploits consistently.

Now this would have been better if admin had written 'gain an unfair advantage', but it is clear what is meant with this rul.

Thus using an exploit for testing and subsequently reporting it is ok (did you ever report the exploits you used? I can't seem to remember that ever happening). But then you should immediately refrain from using this exploit again, regardless of how long it takes to be fixed!

But I'm sure you know all this as you are not stupid, and you arguing for using loopholes shows your intellectual dishonesty.

Edited by Knobby

11 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

My point exactly.^^

The Brits even built a train station with that name just to try to convince us that their winning was more important than Napoleon loss. :D:D 

As a counter example when we say Austerlitz we automatically think about a great victory.

People like seeing great nations/people brought down.  

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Unrightfully. I should be banned on forums, not in game and everyone knows it :rolleyes:

Sinking ships without cannons aside, impersonating admin in game is pretty hello kittying stupid   :-)

10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I was called ShoKosugi (not admin) and it was not in game but forums :-) Seems your facts are not correct. If you didn't know, Sho Kosugi is Japanese actor playing in movies, I guess I was impersonating him, not admin? Unless admin is Sho Kosugi... I suggest admin to next time name his character Horatio Hornblower and ban all impersonators :lol:

suuuuuuure  

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If I understand you correctly this is no critic on the Russian gameplay but on the decissions in tribunal how to interprete game rules of Naval Action. Admins are the judges in this game. They decided about battle hiding, and ruled that it is in accordance with the rules.

You left the game because you didn't like decissions of admin? Otherwise you agreed in a bad rule.

Nice twist. No.

I'm saying that the fact you are arguing you should be allowed to use loopholes while they remain unfixed just because there is no literal rule saying you can not do that exact thing (whatever exploit, loophole or unintended use of game mechanics) is intellectually dishonest. because both in real life and in games there is a general agreement that such stuff is not ok.

"They decided about battle hiding, and ruled that it is in accordance with the rules."

In that case it is by definition not an exploit and thus clearly not what i'm talking about

It is lame, however, and if i find out my buddies are doing that i will say so to their face. But lame is not the same as cheating, and thus this is just my personal opinion. It can contribute to a negative reputation with other players though, but yours has long been beyond saving anyway.

Edited by Knobby

3 hours ago, Thonys said:

ask the devs 

this is a good example, why you are wrong.

exploits have to be reported and fixed ,that does not mean it is valid practise .

(I have thrown it through the translater to look for language errors, but I could not discover it in any case)

i never said i was perfect (brains) , and yes my english is very bad, but what about your russian language or chinese :)

I don't know what you're smoking but the duping was NOT reported by LV but rather perpetrated.. And there were NO punishment.. The demotion he finally got at Cap Francais should've been a permaban along with the rest of the cheaters.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Man you seriously have an unhealthy fascination with @Christendom.  I mean very much on the level of stalking man.  You really might want to look into getting some help for that man.  It's like the main thing that comes out of your mouth almost 99% of the time is something about him.

Well KoC ain't alone in that.. I do love Christendoms IKEA furniture tho..... And the dog..

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

I don't know what you're smoking but the duping was NOT reported by LV but rather perpetrated.. And there were NO punishment.. The demotion he finally got at Cap Francais should've been a permaban along with the rest of the cheaters.

well to give you an answer, i smoke javaanse boys (ask your dutch captains, they sail it also i think [contrebande])

and i believe, i can be wrong on that one , but it was toto who s made a vid of it (but i can be wrong on that one, can also  be otto or toot   )

if it was someone else just let me know .

and make it 99.99%, than i would be happy to :)

ohh..and by the way you can always use FP  (still for a couple of hours )to make a switch to the dutch nation (we have loose bears over here, who need a good wall to protect them :) 

ps and give my regards to donnerschock  ,and tell him, it was a empty trader :) he did me a favor (finally a empty dock slot)

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Batman said:

There was no Brits because I made an arrangement with dShiro. Sadly I was informed by dShiro that ARM clan is to stubborn to agree ...

what a durty looser you are Batman !

your slimy talk has no effect on our group, you fail to unify your faction so you try to divide other faction...

What a frustration it must be for GB players to have to deal with you...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Same can be said more recently about Danes and Swedes.

Your point?

My point - Christendom is hardly the one to throw rocks.. In Denmark we have a saying - "you shouldn't throw stones when living in a glass-house".. I on the other hand has never cheated, never gotten a chat ban so I can throw all the rocks I can find.. though I have received numerous warnings for suggesting slavetrading (which was historically accurate and one of the most profitable business' in the west indies) and a debate I had against some american that insisted that a global server was a grand idea - And ofc it is! Playernumbers in nighttime has not increased, playernumbers in EU daytime has slightly decreased (accumulating both serverpops).. As I see it - we've merged the servers and the playercounts are falling #globalserverfailedoncesonowofcoursewehavetotestitalloveragainbecausethatsjustwhatwedowetestshit

But cheating or bans - never done it.. I kinda feel less like a rebel all of a sudden..