Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blubasso

Scourge of war series.

Hello, for who loves to be a commander in the Napoleonic Era, i suggest Scourge of War and its expansions. It is in 3D and very historical accurate. The game is available in English, French and Italian languages.

You can be a Captain and comman a simple battalion up to General, commanding a Corp. There’s FoW and delay in orders, and sometimes the orders will not arrives because the man who bring them will be killed. All the real battalions are on the map: you can switch between 2D and 3D map.

Here’s a link to a Youtube video

There’s also a version for the American Civil War, if you prefer this Era.

The game is a little slow and graphically is not very good, but all is compensated by the playability. Have a look.

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 1

Good serie, however Scourge of War is more worth it for the civil war era which lacks this kind of games, since the napoleonic era has the better Histwar serie, pretty much at all levels but especially in scale.

Then for either era and more eras if you don't mind the graphics of either of those series, do give a try to the turn-based HPS simulations games ( but check beforehand which one as they focus on different battles and they are very inequal in quality - scourge of war too actually )

Histwar les Grognards is better? I read not all ppl like it. But i haven’t the game and right now i have few time for new games (new for me).

I will put a video from Histwar les Grognards, so ppl who is interested, can have a short look at it. Video is from Youtube, about a year ago.

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 1

Scourge of War is a good series.

i have both the Gettysburg (American Civil War Version/expansions) as well as the base Waterloo (Napoleanic) version.

Played a lot of SoW:Gettysburg solo as well as some MP games with a small group of players.

There is (or at least was when I last checked) a group of US based players that played MP every afternoon/evening, and some European based players that had MP sessions on weekends.  

• Like 1

Speaking of which the scourge of war serie is on a proper discount right now on steam. ( as is a bunch of other good titles, command air naval operations, war in the east/west, flashpoint campaigns, ageod games, etc... good sale for strategy lovers )