Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Cmdr RideZ

RvR goals

Recommended Posts

What if we would add port properties like "Mine", "Plantation", "Forest", etc.

Clan captures a port that says "Mine".  Your clan can build a mine, for example a copper mine here.  You have to transport resources to build it and pay for labor.  After this your clan members can build copper ore mines like if this would be a Copper ore port.

If port can be opened for plantation, you can make it to produce Cotton for example.

Forest..  Either some rare material that upgrades need or should we allow player planted woods?  Like for example White Oak?

Ports would still have those 2 resources built in.

If port is lost, all clan buildings and resource facilities are destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

We have enough cheap and common ressources, leave the few rare resources the way they are.

Would not be a good reason to own a port?  Something for clans to do?  Reason to defend your port is you have plenty of buildings?

VS

There is one rare resource port in the game?

Advantage for players who have alts?

Are rare upgrades, gear based gaming really improving PvP?

..

 

Giving reasons to sail out side green zones.  Giving good targets to sail a trader and escort those?

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there should be greater customisation, port immunity from attack one day per week or something.

Certain resource types able to be consumed by the port would be a nice addition. Small clans could create their own trading hubs that way and incentivise them to get out of the safezones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cmdr RideZ said:

Would not be a good reason to own a port?  Something for clans to do?  Reason to defend your port is you have plenty of buildings?

You have the same reason now too. Only if your nation owns the port you will be able to put up contracts.

1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

There is one rare resource port in the game?

What does your idea change here? Nothing. Still one port with the resource, just masses of people can get it and so it will be inflated and worthless.

2 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Advantage for players who have alts?

No difference. In both cases you have the advantage with an alt (putting up contract vs building a mine).

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Are rare upgrades, gear based gaming really improving PvP?

I dont like them either but they wont go away. Bigger problem than rare upgrades are very hard to get skill books, some of them are worth 400 PvP marks and more while the most expensive upgrades maybe cost 10 to 15 PvP at max.

Rare upgrades at least give some ports importance for RvR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So same as it is now, except we get to choose what's where?

Don't mind me while I set a white oak plantation at the closest port to the safezone, and only need a few ports to become 100% self-sufficient within a 10 min sail of the capital, and if ever losing that port, just put the production in another one.

I fail to see the benefit and, if anything, it removes most RvR resource goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The basic form of trade war with the new conquest system would be the possibility to setup Contracts to

- owner Clan only

- owner plus friend clans only

- owner plus rest of nation

If port is Open to All, it would automatically

- enable contracts for everyone

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The basic form of trade war with the new conquest system would be the possibility to setup Contracts to

- owner Clan only

- owner plus friend clans only

- owner plus rest of nation

If port is Open to All, it would automatically

- enable contracts for everyone

But But what should I do with all my alts :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

We have enough cheap and common ressources, leave the few rare resources the way they are.

Why.... Why make 80% of resources, the whole player production worthless and 20%, npc goods artificially made rare, extremely valuable?! 

Why refuse to fix labour and gold inflation?! Why not just balance labour, gold and production rates to balance player production / to make all produced resources valuable? Keep npc goods, but they arent necessary and bad for several reasons. 

Why not vary production rate and labour cost to make special resources more valuable and rare, while prices remain dynamic? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Why.... Why make 80% of resources, the whole player production worthless and 20%, npc goods artificially made rare, extremely valuable?! 

Why refuse to fix labour and gold inflation?! Why not just balance labour, gold and production rates to balance player production / to make all produced resources valuable?

They tried after wipe, people hated it.

Basic production is cheap because majority doesnt want to afk sail around for hours just to get one ship. 

Im all for a dynamic nice economy, I played games like Path of Exile only for that reason. But I think it doesnt work in this game because it seems to be impossible to have a global market with dynamic bidding from players. Probably because either the engine they use is very static (thats why new ressources "spawn" in specific intervalls) or because the servers are from the last century or so and they need maintenance to move stuff from port to port (look at tow to port). Or Both.

And the way it is right now its not really trading, its sitting in port 24/7 to put the highest price up and hope for a drop.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

They tried after wipe, people hated it.

Basic production is cheap because majority doesnt want to afk sail around for hours just to get one ship. 

Im all for a dynamic nice economy, I played games like Path of Exile only for that reason. But I think it doesnt work in this game because it seems to be impossible to have a global market with dynamic bidding from players. Probably because either the engine they use is very static (thats why new ressources "spawn" in specific intervalls) or because the servers are from the last century or so and they need maintenance to move stuff from port to port (look at tow to port). Or Both.

And the way it is right now its not really trading, its sitting in port 24/7 to put the highest price up and hope for a drop.

Im just talking about balancing and there is no reason this should not be possible. You could keep npc goods. But these dont justify labour and gold inflation.

They never properly tested anything... And if people hate that they dont get free first rates anymore we shouldnt care at all. If it turns out that low and medium ranks have problems to get ships thats completely different, but no reason to cause inflation. We could make small and medium ships ridiculously cheap, if just other ships become more expensive accordingly, without effecting inflation. Infinite possibilities to set this up. They not tried one, and if you ask devs they dont care about inflation at all.

Dynamic trade between nations or just production port and capital is a more complicated topic. But if players would just trade their labour on the market, it would already improve alot.

What has afk sail to do with economic balancing?!

Edited by Fargo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I dont like them either but they wont go away. Bigger problem than rare upgrades are very hard to get skill books, some of them are worth 400 PvP marks and more while the most expensive upgrades maybe cost 10 to 15 PvP at max.

Rare upgrades at least give some ports importance for RvR.

I was a bit worried there for a moment, that Jon Snow lets go would actually like Gear warriors.

One port to produce rare goods is one port to fight from, increasing prices for best rare mods.  Makes gearing even worse.

The idea there provides multiple clans a change to own rare resources.  Couple main ports would be less important.  Gear would be cheaper and easier to get.

RvR goals could be RvR goals and not PvP goals.  With PvP goal I mean that you get port to get personal benefits, gear for yourself.  RvR goals could be clan wide goals.

Also building clan buildings would be something that clans can do together.  This can be done so that it creates new OW PvP.  So that there are more reasons for clans to stay out from the green zone.

Having one rare port vs RvR game that can have plenty of content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are talking from hostility mission rewards. It could be done so as well that we make ports more important. If owner does not want to lose his port, he probably wants to fights in hostility missions as well. Not leave it for Port Battle to decide.

Content that is built correctly around player owned ports can give us new hot spots for OW PvP. In the best case we would not be any more interested from green zones.

Forts build by clans? Tons of stone blocks and other materials to transport/escort?

If you do missions at your own port you get something good for your clan? A reason for PvE players to take a risk and leave green zones?

More content we have around ports, more we sail out from green, more OW PvP, more everything?

Even the current PvE oriented hostility missions could work if people would have more value invested in their ports. I don't recommend PvE oriented hostility though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×