Game-Labs Forum

England Declares War on Poland!

Iroquois Confederacy

6kF_GZkF921aKaSt43csnF_nNPfpI5RXYMXTIp2a

A pot long since expected to boil over, England has de facto declared war upon the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania.  Tensions had long been high after two Captains abandoned the Commonwealth in favor of Prussia, abandoning the major port of Saint-Louis in the process.  The English, wasting no time to grab a toe-hold in Haiti, and seeing the opportunity to steal this port before it could be resecured, launched a fleet to occupy Saint-Louis about one month ago.

Ever since, a tense armed neutrality has existed, with the only agreement that the innocent traders of both sides be allowed to pass.  The Free Tribes, announcing that they were not a part of such an agreement, and would not be beholden to it, preyed upon many a trader as they passed by, departing from that very same Saint-Louis that the English so rapidly occupied.

Now, though the English have been well aware of the Free Tribe's intentions, and though their merchants have done nothing to secure themselves from the predations of a lone frigate, the English have seized upon this incident as a fig leaf for seizing more control over Haiti, and ejecting the Commonwealth from its de facto Capital.

Though the Commonwealth intends to fight, the outlook is grim as the English have long been able to build up their shipping reserves around Jamaica Island, where they have mastered the ability of cloaking First Rate ships of the line to appear into existence upon the very heads of anyone who would dare disturb them.  While the English also have a defensive advantage, preventing any from attacking their shipbuilding operations, they also have an advantage of fifteen times the manpower of the Commonwealth, with an advantage of 1,500 Captains of various-sized vessels to the Commonwealth's 100.  Indeed, many believe that this war that started without so much as a declaration (as civilized nations do) exists purely to bolster the morale of England, as they have largely been unsuccessful in their wars with France and Russia, rapidly losing territory in Central America.

England has placed itself outside the norms and expectations of the Family of Nations.  The question remains, however, how well the Commonwealth is able to protect itself against their wretched ways.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

6kF_GZkF921aKaSt43csnF_nNPfpI5RXYMXTIp2a

Reveal hidden contents

A pot long since expected to boil over, England has de facto declared war upon the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania.  Tensions had long been high after two Captains abandoned the Commonwealth in favor of Prussia, abandoning the major port of Saint-Louis in the process.  The English, wasting no time to grab a toe-hold in Haiti, and seeing the opportunity to steal this port before it could be resecured, launched a fleet to occupy Saint-Louis about one month ago.

Ever since, a tense armed neutrality has existed, with the only agreement that the innocent traders of both sides be allowed to pass.  The Free Tribes, announcing that they were not a part of such an agreement, and would not be beholden to it, preyed upon many a trader as they passed by, departing from that very same Saint-Louis that the English so rapidly occupied.

Now, though the English have been well aware of the Free Tribe's intentions, and though their merchants have done nothing to secure themselves from the predations of a lone frigate, the English have seized upon this incident as a fig leaf for seizing more control over Haiti, and ejecting the Commonwealth from its de facto Capital.

Though the Commonwealth intends to fight, the outlook is grim as the English have long been able to build up their shipping reserves around Jamaica Island, where they have mastered the ability of cloaking First Rate ships of the line to appear into existence upon the very heads of anyone who would dare disturb them.  While the English also have a defensive advantage, preventing any from attacking their shipbuilding operations, they also have an advantage of fifteen times the manpower of the Commonwealth, with an advantage of 1,500 Captains of various-sized vessels to the Commonwealth's 100.  Indeed, many believe that this war that started without so much as a declaration (as civilized nations do) exists purely to bolster the morale of England, as they have largely been unsuccessful in their wars with France and Russia, rapidly losing territory in Central America.

England has placed itself outside the norms and expectations of the Family of Nations.  The question remains, however, how well the Commonwealth is able to protect itself against their wretched ways.

Why exactly do the free tribes care about diplomacy all of the sudden?

Iroquois is one of the main reasons for this move (at least on my part) as he kept shitting on the agreement made between GB and Poland.

You said in our battle the other day you didn't care if Poland lost all their ports as you were based out of free towns, what changed?

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Iroquois is a substantial reason for this move because you kept shitting on the agreement made between GB and Poland. You said in our battle the other day you didn't care if Poland lost all their ports as you were based out of free towns, what changed?

Let´s made him camp at free towns. The fir woods of his shattered ships will feed the great fire of the tribes.

15 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Iroquois is one of the main reasons for this move (at least on my part) as he kept shitting on the agreement made between GB and Poland.

You said in our battle the other day you didn't care if Poland lost all their ports as you were based out of free towns, what changed?

So you'd give the whole class detention because one student misbehaves? Good to know.

As for any personal involvement:  I only sail for Poland as they are the smallest faction in the game, giving me the most OW PvP opportunities.  I could just as easily change factions to any other and not care one whit.  If your major causus belli is one privateering type doing the privateering thing... there are issues at a fundamental level.

38 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

England :rolleyes:... We are the British Empire.

The Russian Empire will gladly help Poles get this wannabe conquers out of your water like we did for the Spanish and lets see how much that is gonna help Admiral Horatio Hornblower agenda. Lets see his might fleet run again. We have no more intrest of fighting the brits, but if they pick on a small nation that cant protect itself the Tsar might get a intrest for British blood again.. So go ahead Horatio Hornblower lets see if u can screw over your nation more.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Ya know @Iroquois Confederacy if you're going to maintain your own clan and own set of diplomatic rules, why don't you just go pirate?  Rather than create incidents in game that your chosen nation now has to pay for.  Would seem like the responsible move no?

I've thought about it honestly.  But this sharply reduces the total amount of targets.  If I thought it would undo whatever diplomatic farce that England is attempting to perpetuate, I would do so.  I believe that England is merely using this as an excuse to try to get some easy wins, so, I ultimately do not see the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Playing pirate doesn't make your actions independent. Everyone is forced into "national unity" and nation responsibility for activities of each unit. He can't play "on his own" without being considered "rogue" or "traitor" or "destroyer of the nation". 

Pirates would be the nation to go rogue in 

Just now, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I believe that England is merely using this as an excuse to try to get some easy wins, so, I ultimately do not see the point.

Maybe Polish players should simply have sticked to the agreement that was set up between GB and PL. Yeah, you don't care about politics.

But constantly receiving complaints from players that there traders get attacked by PL players we had to react. I talked to Polish diplos and it seems Polish players have a different oppinion about how "Not attacking traders" actually works from British Captains.