Game-Labs Forum

Ship stuck but more than enough clearance.

HachiRoku

zI9rbq8lTWC46m84zkxIjg.png

I was in battle and and keeping a close eye on land clearance. For me I have more than enough clearance but I still got stuck. A bit of a shame but it was around La Navasse if you would check it out please. I did not think of bug reporting atm. I do this alot of the time and get away with it with my trinco. It is super risky but so far has worked for me. Could be the endymion itself. 

24 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I was in battle and and keeping a close eye on land clearance. For me I have more than enough clearance 

6 minutes ago, maturin said:

But if you weren't 'cheating' by using the Home camera, you would never know this to be a problem.

the Home camera is not "cheating." It is a tool there to be used if an individual wants to. Nothing is saying or stopping any other individual from using the Home camera. Hachi like everyone else has a right to use that tool.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, maturin said:

Collision hitboxes are very different than the visual bottom, in all places.

But if you weren't 'cheating' by using the Home camera, you would never know this to be a problem.

So its not a problem if I cant see it? That is the most retarded statement I've ever heard man. Home cam exists to find issues like this brother. If there are broken collision boxes they should be fixed. Im not asking for a ship. Im asking for a fix. I took the risk and don't care but navigating shallows in battle is something I really love and I would really love if devs looked at it if they ever have time. Its a small issue but most likely hard to fix. I have the right to point it out anyway. 

Relax, it's not cheating. That's why I put quotes around it.

But the purpose of the Home came isn't to look underwater and presumably upon release there will be a filter that stops you from seeing clearly like in every other game.

And yes, if you can't see the bottom then it doesn't matter whether the bottom matches the collision boxes or not. Even the invisible collision geometry is still rational.

Also, everyone who's every been within fifty yards of a beach knows about this for three years now.

I was in battle once and as soon as my rudder touched a bit of bottom the entire ship was stuck even when I rotated 90 degrees and could see lots of water under the entire keel. The ship was leaned over 45 degrees and everything, as if the whole keel was stuck on the bottom.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

Using the "home" tool is the best alternative to an actual realistic in game mechanic where sailors could actually test depth. If the devs wanna implement the mechanics and deem the "home" to be cheating, they're more than welcome to do so

Edited by xAzDKr

Since patch 16, ships without bow chasers (yours or the enemy, even boots) have the perk "Control".

You can leave the battle only if you are further than 500 meters from enemy ship with control perk (without chaser).

If you have the perk control or if you have no bow chaser, the enemy can leave the battle only if further than 500 meters from you, and you are stuck in battle if any enemy ship is closer than 500 meters from you.