Game-Labs Forum

Clan Leaderboard

7 hours ago, admin said:

We already mentioned somewhere that we are going to send new players to the clans (it will be part of the tutorial orders). 
And will post their arrival to the Caribbean into national chat once they pass the MC exam.

In this regards
Lets discuss what should be on the clan leaderboard to sway the rookie to join one or another clan/guild just by looking at the numbers?

Examples

1. Ports controlled
  2. Active fleet (players logged in today)
  3. PvP marks last week
  4. PvP battles last week
  5. Port battles won last week

most active timezone would be needed as well. 

• Like 2

i would suggest also the:    clan prime time   

and,  request  joining button

language s who are spoken  like, english- russian -chinese

Edited by Thonys

21 hours ago, admin said:

We already mentioned somewhere that we are going to send new players to the clans (it will be part of the tutorial orders). 
And will post their arrival to the Caribbean into national chat once they pass the MC exam.

In this regards
Lets discuss what should be on the clan leaderboard to sway the rookie to join one or another clan/guild just by looking at the numbers?

Examples

1. Ports controlled
  2. Active fleet (players logged in today)
  3. PvP marks last week
  4. PvP battles last week
  5. Port battles won last week

Please also list:

• hours of activity of players (eg. a graph showing active players through the whole week would be a dream...)
  • number of ships (BR, tonnage) built by planers last week
  • number of PvP and PvE fights last week (total)

This would allow for players to get clans that fit their play time, as well as their style (eg. PvE clans, eco clans etc.)

Please change:

• port battles won is not the best incentive. It shouldn't be a decisive factor. It's inaccurate and even if people follow it, it would mean snowballing of clans.

I've thought about this as an actual new player, after posting the suggestion quoted above by Bobbit1. 

However the developers choose to set this up, here's what I need to know in order to pick a clan in-game, without having to refer to outside resources.  It needs to have decent filters so I don't have to scroll through endless pages.  As an usable interim alternative to in-game (IF this is easier to deploy) read live data from the servers and post it with daily refreshes either in a module accessible at the shards list/server signon, or on a page at the Naval Action website.

What I need, as a new player.

• Active clan.  Default display only Yes, based on last member logon, if inactive clans are displayed at all.
  • Seeking new members.  Default display only Yes, if closed clans are displayed at all.
  • Active member count.
  • Nation.
  • Primary time zone.
  • Language spoken
  • Ports
  • Primary clan focus (trade, raid, conquest, etc).
  • Player focus sought (trade, raid, etc.  Smaller clans might actually need new members with a different focus).

AND what the participation exceptions are.  Life outside the game may only allow for logging in a couple times a week.  Which might not be suitable for a tight-knit clan attempting conquest half-way across the map.

I do like the idea of doing the tutorial before being able to join a clan.  It saves existing clan members from having to completely orient someone from the ground up.  On that side of things, clan officers might want to know basic stats about prospective members, such as a permit count, first logon date, etc.  This does not need to be exhaustive, just fodder for chat questions.

And an observation about PvE (which is where I am currently learning the production mechanics).  Improving clan access/visibility will not improve playability on PvE.  The player population is currently too low.  The trader tool needs to be improved so buyers and sellers have a better idea of where the contracts might be.

Edited by Corvus
clarification

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 8:04 AM, Marcus Corvus said:

Which I would be more than happy to see.  All I am expressing is the minimum I need as a new player.

AND one more thing to add to the minimum list for what actual new players need to know:

Alt Policy:  whether they are accepted, and what clan members are allowed to do with them.  A free text box is fine and it doesn't need to be searchable.

Or better yet, a policy box, where Alts are among the things that can be briefly described.  A blank box will also tell a new player something, as well.  

I have been watching the alt economic activity in the Charleston neighborhood for about a month now.  My observation is that alts appear to advantage non-cooperative economic activity.

I am NOT suggesting alts should be banned.  If someone chooses to buy multiple copies of a game and put in the additional hours that implies, that's their business

But I am a single-game player who is starting to settle down on the number of hours I play.  Clans with alt members MIGHT not have a compatible play style.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
clarification

On 11/02/2018 at 3:00 PM, Marcus Corvus said:

I've thought about this as an actual new player, after posting the suggestion quoted above by Bobbit1. 

However the developers choose to set this up, here's what I need to know in order to pick a clan in-game, without having to refer to outside resources.  It needs to have decent filters so I don't have to scroll through endless pages.  As an usable interim alternative to in-game (IF this is easier to deploy) read live data from the servers and post it with daily refreshes either in a module accessible at the shards list/server signon, or on a page at the Naval Action website.

What I need, as a new player.

• Active clan.  Default display only Yes, based on last member logon, if inactive clans are displayed at all.
  • Seeking new members.  Default display only Yes, if closed clans are displayed at all.
  • Active member count.
  • Nation.
  • Primary time zone.
  • Language spoken
  • Ports
  • Primary clan focus (trade, raid, conquest, etc).
  • Player focus sought (trade, raid, etc.  Smaller clans might actually need new members with a different focus).

AND what the participation exceptions are.  Life outside the game may only allow for logging in a couple times a week.  Which might not be suitable for a tight-knit clan attempting conquest half-way across the map.

I do like the idea of doing the tutorial before being able to join a clan.  It saves existing clan members from having to completely orient someone from the ground up.  On that side of things, clan officers might want to know basic stats about prospective members, such as a permit count, first logon date, etc.  This does not need to be exhaustive, just fodder for chat questions.

And an observation about PvE (which is where I am currently learning the production mechanics).  Improving clan access/visibility will not improve playability on PvE.  The player population is currently too low.  The trader tool needs to be improved so buyers and sellers have a better idea of where the contracts might be.

why dont you just get on ts/ discord whatever and talk to someone ... rather the  devs time and resources spent werer spent on  something more important .. like the acrual mechanics of the game

you can discover all you want about a clan in a  5 min chat ... plus added bonus if you find out you dont like them you can leave a clan and join another .. its not a lifelong connitment

8 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

why dont you just get on ts/ discord whatever and talk to someone ... rather the  devs time and resources spent werer spent on  something more important .. like the acrual mechanics of the game

you can discover all you want about a clan in a  5 min chat ... plus added bonus if you find out you dont like them you can leave a clan and join another .. its not a lifelong connitment

The original developer post initiated the discussion on adding recruitment mechanics to the game:  " we are going to send new players to the clans."

If they are going to do that it needs to work for actual new players.  Including those who have no idea what ts/discord are. 

And since it is one server it also needs to work for ones who happen to be in off time zones.  At 7 PM on the US Pacific Coast folks are getting late into the evening.  And it's rather early in the AM in Europe.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
correction