Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Landsman

Trader Skill slots

I want to know why trader ships only have 3 skill slots. Aren't trader ships limited enough by their lack of guns or inferior crew / ship speed etc. ? It cracks me up every time I hear carebears wailing about how hitting traders is ganking and only coward business etc... but while I think they are delusional idiots they are right in that traders are easy kills and I don't see why they should only have 3 skill slots to make it even easier. This came to my attention when I noticed how hello kittying useless the LGV refit is but it probably applies to all traders.

So what is the reason for traders being restricted to 3 slots? People would otherwise use Indiamen for PBs and hide in enemy ports? :lol:

With there low out put of damage it's really hard to open up those slots too.  Wish the LvG and Refit shared ship knowledge too.  Oh it did get a buff on stats with this last patch as I went trhough all the ships I own and updated the wiki pages for them with new stats.

Oh and let us buy a BP for the refit so we can craft them how we want and get the perk reward if we are lucky.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

... It cracks me up every time I hear carebears wailing about how hitting traders is ganking and only coward business etc... but while I think they are delusional idiots ...

So what is the reason for traders being restricted to 3 slots? People would otherwise use Indiamen for PBs and hide in enemy ports? :lol:

First part spoken like a genuine cowardly ganker.  But then again, you were already out of the closet, weren't you?  ;)

The second part is true however, it seems odd that there are only 3 slots.  But if you are a trader, you really don't care anyway.  Most of the time you just want speed and cargo space, and there are other ways to accomplish that.

The three slots kinda made since when we got them for free with no grinding, but now that we have to grind to open them up we should get all 5 slots just like the other ships and I do think they need to much XP.  It's takign for ever for me to open up an LVG and LVG refit.

6 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

First part spoken like a genuine cowardly ganker.

Hahahaha... there we go again.... it is what the game is about mate. Who would just let a trader that has probably valuable cargo loaded get away `? Only a complete retard...  Hitting traders wasn't only a pirate thing either... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commerce_raiding

Every time someone calls hitting traders ganking or cowardly, they make themselves look like complete idiots... not saying I only go for traders but who wouldn't take a loaded indiaman, when given the chance? PvE server has 100% safe trader routes too...

The only point of having traders in OW on the PvP server is so they can be intercepted ( and this was already reduced with greenzones ) and whenever someone says playing the game as it is meant to be played is cowardly or ganking, I almost fall off my chair laughing.

7 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

The second part is true however, it seems odd that there are only 3 slots.  But if you are a trader, you really don't care anyway.  Most of the time you just want speed and cargo space, and there are other ways to accomplish that.

Yeah, but I would like to use the trader as bait to sink other warships and traders. With only 3 slots, that isn't too appealing however...